Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

JR only no vote for Mets sale

Recommended Posts

Stevie Cohen is a crook who literally stole his billions; MLB claiming Mark Cuban wasn't worthy while voting this clown and McCourt in as owners is awful; that's not even counting the fact that Loria was an embarrassment and The Wilpons are criminals themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Stevie Cohen is a crook who literally stole his billions; MLB claiming Mark Cuban wasn't worthy while voting this clown and McCourt in as owners is awful; that's not even counting the fact that Loria was an embarrassment and The Wilpons are criminals themselves.

Billionaires are the "quiet part out loud" of capitalism

Edited by joesaiditstrue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JR has always been a character guy. Some times its annoying. some times its refreshing.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If JR voted that way cuz he thinks the guy’s a crook, I applaud him.  So little weight is given to moral character in our society, and it leads to a lot of bad outcomes.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

If JR voted that way cuz he thinks the guy’s a crook, I applaud him.  So little weight is given to moral character in our society, and it leads to a lot of bad outcomes.

It just cracks me up what is and isn't "crooked" among the 1 percent. JR took a stand when it might cost him a buck, bold.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Stevie Cohen is a crook who literally stole his billions; MLB claiming Mark Cuban wasn't worthy while voting this clown and McCourt in as owners is awful; that's not even counting the fact that Loria was an embarrassment and The Wilpons are criminals themselves.

I swear Reinsdorf also was a No on the Wilpon becoming majority owner in 2002, and that turned out to be a wise vote

 

but I'm probably wrong because I can barely remember yesterday much less 18 years ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, zisk said:

JR has always been a character guy. Some times its annoying. some times its refreshing.

That's what makes me wonder if Hinch is really a viable candidate.  I would assume Reinsdorf would give him a chance to explain how the Astros scandal shouldn't taint his reputation.  Maybe Hinch can tap dance around that, but I don't see a way.  And if Hinch has legit interest from other teams (Detroit specifically) does he even bother to try with JR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

I swear Reinsdorf also was a No on the Wilpon becoming majority owner in 2002, and that turned out to be a wise vote

 

but I'm probably wrong because I can barely remember yesterday much less 18 years ago

I don't recall, but as someone who is heavily invested in the broken financial system Steve Cohen is everything that is wrong with Wall Street. 

He paid a 1.8 billion dollar fine because he made all his money with insider tactics and dirty trading and was caught multiple times. He made 14 billion dollars by stealing from the average Joe, and the price he paid was a fine that didn't hurt him one bit. The guy should have given back every single dollar he made since his hedge fund was basically a legalized mafia group that intimidating companies and people at them.

There's one story about Fairfax Insurance - a Canadian company. Stevie and his goons had thought it was the next Enron so they started shorting the shit out of the stock. When it turned out they were wrong and Fairfax wasn't underwater and going under, they paid people to intimidate employees and staff members to get them to quit and etc. Late night threatening phone calls, using media connections to smear them with fake info, all in hopes of tanking the company so they wouldn't lose money. 

Steve Cohen isn't a genius; he's a market manipulator who doesn't play by the rules and literally stole 15 billion dollars from people like you and me. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

I swear Reinsdorf also was a No on the Wilpon becoming majority owner in 2002, and that turned out to be a wise vote

 

but I'm probably wrong because I can barely remember yesterday much less 18 years ago

And nah, Jerry is friends with the Wilpons. 

I think Jerry believes Cohen is dirty and bad for the game, but then again he's friends with crook Wilpon so it's hard to tell with these guys. Jerry has always hated Cohen though - pushed against his drive to buy the Dodgers earlier too. Odds are Jerry liked Fred because Fred helped suppress salaries with him and shared that same goal as an owner lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels like jerry would vote no because he thinks cohen will be a big driver of salaries.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Feels like jerry would vote no because he thinks cohen will be a big driver of salaries.

I believe this is part of it and part of the reason he likes Wilpon; I also think he believes Cohen is a crook though. The Dodgers were going to spend no matter what and Jerry was against him buying the Dodgers as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I believe this is part of it and part of the reason he likes Wilpon; I also think he believes Cohen is a crook though. The Dodgers were going to spend no matter what and Jerry was against him buying the Dodgers as well.

Instead they got McCourt who treated the team like his personal ATM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bmags said:

Feels like jerry would vote no because he thinks cohen will be a big driver of salaries.

Unlikely he'd be the only no in that case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I don't recall, but as someone who is heavily invested in the broken financial system Steve Cohen is everything that is wrong with Wall Street. 

He paid a 1.8 billion dollar fine because he made all his money with insider tactics and dirty trading and was caught multiple times. He made 14 billion dollars by stealing from the average Joe, and the price he paid was a fine that didn't hurt him one bit. The guy should have given back every single dollar he made since his hedge fund was basically a legalized mafia group that intimidating companies and people at them.

There's one story about Fairfax Insurance - a Canadian company. Stevie and his goons had thought it was the next Enron so they started shorting the shit out of the stock. When it turned out they were wrong and Fairfax wasn't underwater and going under, they paid people to intimidate employees and staff members to get them to quit and etc. Late night threatening phone calls, using media connections to smear them with fake info, all in hopes of tanking the company so they wouldn't lose money. 

Steve Cohen isn't a genius; he's a market manipulator who doesn't play by the rules and literally stole 15 billion dollars from people like you and me. 

What a POS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Billionaires are the "quiet part out loud" of capitalism

I'd think that you'd have to be some kind of a crook to be a billionaire TBH. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Instead they got McCourt who treated the team like his personal ATM

This was for the past dodgers sale, not the one to McCourt.

I commend mccourt kind of ha, he convinced all these billionaire "geniuses" that he had about 100 times more money than he actually did. Mlb always claimed to vet so well yet didnt notice that mccourt couldn't even afford payroll lol.

Then for that lie and scam, mccourt got paid 2 billion dollars lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mqr said:

Unlikely he'd be the only no in that case. 

I don't think so, honestly. Very, very few owners from the 80s left. This was the new crews first taste of a league in trouble. If anything they may be happy they won't have an owner with cash issues they need to worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

 

This fuckin' guy would try and bargain with the girls selling lemonade on the corner.  He'd pull up some figures on the wholesale cost of lemons or some shit before asking for a 5% discount.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

This fuckin' guy would try and bargain with the girls selling lemonade on the corner.  He'd pull up some figures on the wholesale cost of lemons or some shit before asking for a 5% discount.

As opposed to Cohen who would muscle into the lemon market and squeeze the kid out of it so he could take over the lemon trade for the whole city.

  • Fire 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×