Trevor Bauer Thread (Mazara Free Zone)

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is one of the things that really bothers me about Bauer.

There was nothing wrong with what he said. She tried to low-key talk shit to him and he mocked the situation with LA fans in general. Based on those tweets he did not humiliate her. Unless there are tweets I am missing. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

There was nothing wrong with what he said. She tried to low-key talk shit to him and he mocked the situation with LA fans in general. Based on those tweets he did not humiliate her. Unless there are tweets I am missing. 

Its a long running pattern with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

It's a woman with less than 200 followers.

It's like Kevin Durant and his burner accounts. Trevor Bauer is being juvenile at best here.

• Haha 1

Maybe not the words themselves, but I bet this girl gets a few death threats from some psychotic Dodgers fans.

Exactly.  She thought she'd flex some cyber muscle and get away with it  like most all people think they can.   He called her out.  I never feel sorry for people that get their own shit tossed back at them on Twitter,  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Yeah absolutely. That has nothing to do with today though. He's also not responsible for things his followers do. 

I think that’s pretty naive. His response was to quote this person and ask dodger fans if she speaks for them. It’s an invitation to others to go after them. If this was a barstool writer doing it I don’t think anybody would be confused to what’s going on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Exactly.  She thought she'd flex some cyber muscle and get away with it  like most all people think they can.   He called her out.  I never feel sorry for people that get their own shit tossed back at them on Twitter,  

What muscle is she flexing? Her 150 followers?

If Abreu got pissed off about Ron we'd all find it incredibly immature and beneath Jose. 

4 hours ago, bmags said:

I think that’s pretty naive. His response was to quote this person and ask dodger fans if she speaks for them. It’s an invitation to others to go after them. If this was a barstool writer doing it I don’t think anybody would be confused to what’s going on.

Ehh whatever. Don’t tweet dumb things at people if you can’t handle the response. Bauer is a bag but it’s just Twitter. People want him tarred and feathered because this person stepped in it and can’t handle the response. There’s a mute and block feature for a reason. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Ehh whatever. Don’t tweet dumb things at people if you can’t handle the response. Bauer is a bag but it’s just Twitter. People want him tarred and feathered because this person stepped in it and can’t handle the response. There’s a mute and block feature for a reason. 

This is good advice for Bauer.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Trevor Bauer did nothing wrong tonight. Don't interact with fans? Get criticized. Interact with fans? Get criticized. Bauer has a history and that's fine but today was ridiculous. 

Exactly. It's not like he looked at the tweet, saw it was a woman, and then was like I'm going to humiliate (aka respond to her in a joking matter). He responds the same way to everybody. 

Bring on as many personalities into baseball as you can and market them. Baseball is going to be hockey in a decade at this rate. You'll have your die hard fans, and then that's it. 

Also if you're offended by Bauer? Yikes. Then everything in the world must offend you. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Exactly. It's not like he looked at the tweet, saw it was a woman, and then was like I'm going to humiliate (aka respond to her in a joking matter). He responds the same way to everybody. 

Bring on as many personalities into baseball as you can and market them. Baseball is going to be hockey in a decade at this rate. You'll have your die hard fans, and then that's it. 

Also if you're offended by Bauer? Yikes. Then everything in the world must offend you. 

Less offended and more "expect a professional pitcher to not be a complete dumbass on Twitter." 

I've had friends and coworkers get rape and death threats simply for having bylines at major publications. If someone says something to Bauer on twitter, then he decides to "flex his online muscle" and ultimately not sign with their team (which would be completely independent of the twitter incident), Twitter trolls would 100% harass the person to no end.

Is it fucking stupid? Yes. Should they just not engage with someone like Bauer? Yes. Should Bauer realize he's a professional athlete and be the bigger person? Yes.

Bauer reminds me of Chris Sale in his cut up the uniform type moments.  I loved Chris on the mound but his off-field judgement was not always the best.  Some of these so-called stars abuse their celebrity with childish tantrums not tolerated from the average player.  I would like seeing Bauer in a WS uniform but I hope he is learning to control himself.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Less offended and more "expect a professional pitcher to not be a complete dumbass on Twitter." 

I've had friends and coworkers get rape and death threats simply for having bylines at major publications. If someone says something to Bauer on twitter, then he decides to "flex his online muscle" and ultimately not sign with their team (which would be completely independent of the twitter incident), Twitter trolls would 100% harass the person to no end.

Is it fucking stupid? Yes. Should they just not engage with someone like Bauer? Yes. Should Bauer realize he's a professional athlete and be the bigger person? Yes.

Don't play the Twitter game if you're sensitive and not wanting to get hurt.  

And what's odd here, I don't think this woman is even bothered or hurt by what Bauer responded.   At least I haven't seen it.  If so, she'd probably delete her tweet and even take down her account. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Don't play the Twitter game if you're sensitive and not wanting to get hurt.  

And what's odd here, I don't think this woman is even bothered or hurt by what Bauer responded.   At least I haven't seen it.  If so, she'd probably delete her tweet and even take down her account. 

I'm not focusing on this woman, I'm focusing specifically on Bauer's pattern of behavior. Maybe I expect too much from someone receiving millions of dollars from a professional organization.

All of this being said, I'd still sign him.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

In my opinion, it’s fair game if someone tags your account. She @ him on Twitter. If she just said “Trevor Bauer” and he found the tweet and replied, I’d look at it much different. But Trevor Bauer is human like the rest of us and I’m sure there are times he gets frustrated and responds. It’s not the smartest thing for him to do for the reasons others have mentioned. He knows others will attack and that’s no bueno. But as the girl, you know Trevor Bauer has responded to randoms before, plenty of times. Don’t poke the bear if you don’t want to deal with the ramifications. 

He could have replied, he quote tweeted.

Im not tar and feathering Bauer, I guess it’s only fair he criticize. But the comments here on “what Twitter is” are probably the worst people on Twitter that ruin the whole thing.

• Like 1