Today is the 15th anniversary of the White Sox championship

southsider2k5

I remember it like it was 15 years ago.

Seriously I remember being downtown when Uribe made the final out. I was standing outside a bar and when the final out was made, it was like everyone was standing around in stunned disbelief that the White Sox had won the World Series. It took a moment for everybody to sink in I guess.

Watched the game at the United Center.  Freddy Garcia was awesome.  That 1-0 game had me on the edge of my seat for over 3 hours.

One of the oddest things I remember was the short pregame hype video by Hulk Hogan...whatchoo gonna do, brother!? :D

• Like 1

I  was lucky to go to the two AlCS games against the Angels . I was living in San Jose Ca at the time and I  had a friend in southern california. We were able to get decent outfield tickets.  I remember crying when Konerko got the last out and I knew they were going  to the series-The drizzle was coming  down , I will neve  forget  it.

Edited by jaws7575

My thoughts were and are with my grandfather. He was born in 1918, stayed with me overnight on a cold September Friday evening in 1983 at Comiskey Park to purchase $6 SRO tickets for the ALCS Games 3 and 4 on sale Saturday morning. He brought me to numerous White Sox games over the years and died in 1998, with the 1959 AL Pennant the closest he came to celebrating a White Sox World Series championship.

I'm sure a lot of us have similar stories. Experiencing the joy and memories over the years was what it made it a special moment for fans. I was very fortunate to be able to attend the home playoff games in 2005. Win or lose, it is the memories with friends, family, and at times complete strangers over the years you cherish most, but it was sure sweet to finally see the White Sox finally win it all.