2021 White Sox Team Builder Tool

bmags

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S_GkRq9r-NZaYnyAKsUfEFEg0Lm3BGzF1B5qUVxa-iY/edit?usp=sharing

It's baaaaack.

Go to sheets, copy and save under your own name.

Notes:

- Salary estimates were really hard this year, I highly recommend picking your own. For same reason I didn't even bother with years so it just adds your AAV. SP especially, not sure if those avg guys still get 10 mill this year.

- Didn't have good trades to pre-set, so it's up to you

- Last year someone told me a good number to put the pre-arb folks under, I kept that but not sure if it is much higher this year?

- The arb estimates from MLBTR this year were weird because they had 3 models, I went with the first, but it seemed pretty low.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This is pretty similar to my SoxMachine offseason plan which had Bauer + Calhoun as key additions plus Kela for the pen, Peacock as a swingman, and Marwin Gonzalez as a UT guy.

Did you decline Leury's option?

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I did and gave that $3.5M to Marwin.  Not sure if that’s feasible or not, but between a down year in 2020, his past connection to Hinch (my targeted manager), and economic uncertainty I felt it was possible.

It probably is honestly, and Marwin is definitely more durable and passable in infield than Leury. 

I could see two equally plausible scenarios.

- The top FAs get gobbled up quick to reasonably similar deals to before, but then all other mid-level/low-level FAs are put on ice and start taking really low deals in Jan/Feb.

- The mid-level guys jump at first available deals, while top FAs hold out for months and possibly benefit at greater fidelity into 2021 fidelity on attendance (or vice versa, gamble and are crushed by bad news there)

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

It probably is honestly, and Marwin is definitely more durable and passable in infield than Leury. 

I could see two equally plausible scenarios.

- The top FAs get gobbled up quick to reasonably similar deals to before, but then all other mid-level/low-level FAs are put on ice and start taking really low deals in Jan/Feb.

- The mid-level guys jump at first available deals, while top FAs hold out for months and possibly benefit at greater fidelity into 2021 fidelity on attendance (or vice versa, gamble and are crushed by bad news there)

I get the feeling that if you don't get your money early this winter, you don't get it. 

I listened to Garfiens Soxtalk podcast with their 3 FA Signings they want, they discussed potentially signing Jackie Bradley Jr for RF. I kind of like this idea. He would for sure take a 1 year deal. He would provide GREAT defense in RF and let's be honest we don't NEED huge production out of RF because they will be batting 8th! I'd rather trade defense since we have Eloy in LF. Robert and Bradley patrolling 4/5ths of our OF would be great. 

I think it takes more than 23M to get Bauer, but I think we should pay WHATEVER it takes, and even over pay if he would be willing to sign a 1 year deal. That way we have no long high contract on a pitcher and if he fails, it's not hurting our salary for 2022 and beyond. I would even go as far as 35M for 2021 and even put a team option of 35M for 2022. That way if he's great, we keep him and pay him a crazy salary and we have a chance to win the WS. No doubt in my mind if we just added Bauer, we would be favorites in the AL Central and potentially WS with our offense. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

oh yeah sorry. I did stiever + thompson. I'm really not sure what he costs tbh. 

The attractiveness to frazier is the re-allocation of money to exclusively pitching is very attractive this year. Which means yanks could get a haul unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

The attractiveness to frazier is the re-allocation of money to exclusively pitching is very attractive this year. Which means yanks could get a haul unfortunately.

Didn’t Frazier come over for Andrew Miller?

I know this years deadline the Indians offered Clevenger for him and the Rangers Lynn... Yankees obviously denied both of those opportunities.

So his cost will be substantial.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

I know this years deadline the Indians offered Clevenger for him and the Rangers Lynn... Yankees obviously denied both of those opportunities.

I think with the financial losses the teams are looking at, cost controlled players will see expensive prices on the trade market.  I think prospects will also be worth more than usual.  It will be the guys with bigger and/or longer term contracts that will give the best bargains this winter on the trade market. 

If the Sox are willing to take on dollars, this could be a big winter for them.  I do hope with their low payroll, they will try to add, though obviously not nearly as much as they would have under normal circumstances.

Maybe taking on a Max Scherzer from Washington?  Is Jake Arrieta done?  Maybe a Ryu from the Jays?  Eovaldi from Boston?  Not sure what teams need to cut the most matches up with what pitchers could be moved, but those are some off of the top of my head ideas.

26 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think with the financial losses the teams are looking at, cost controlled players will see expensive prices on the trade market.  I think prospects will also be worth more than usual.  It will be the guys with bigger and/or longer term contracts that will give the best bargains this winter on the trade market. 

If the Sox are willing to take on dollars, this could be a big winter for them.  I do hope with their low payroll, they will try to add, though obviously not nearly as much as they would have under normal circumstances.

Maybe taking on a Max Scherzer from Washington?  Is Jake Arrieta done?  Maybe a Ryu from the Jays?  Eovaldi from Boston?  Not sure what teams need to cut the most matches up with what pitchers could be moved, but those are some off of the top of my head ideas.

It’ll be a very interesting offseason in unprecedented unpredictable ways, certainly.

37 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Where did you see that?

36 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Arrietta is donezo 

10 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This is pretty similar to my SoxMachine offseason plan which had Bauer + Calhoun as key additions plus Kela for the pen, Peacock as a swingman, and Marwin Gonzalez as a UT guy.

Well what in the hell, I haven't done my offseason plan yet, but I had mentioned on Twitter that Calhoun and Kela was additions for me as well. How did so many of us target Cole Calhoun? Maybe he is this off-seasons Brandon Nimmo.