2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

MI/PA/VA/WI/GA have millions of votes hanging uncounted.  This was the GOP plan.  They blocked the counting as much as they could, and next will try to push this into the Supreme Court.

Agreed, and at that point I don't feel good about it at all. They have been stacking the court for this moment with people they feel will vote with their arguments. This has been set up.

10 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Its crazy to me they wait to count the votes. How have they not come up with a better system?

I actually think it is pretty spectacular that most elections you find out within a few hours.  Obviously if everything was done via technology that would be a different story.  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Arizona is looking like it might flip - which creates an opportunity (even without Pennsylvania). But you need to get the 1 district in Nebraska, win all the states you expect plus take Wisconsin and I think that gets Biden to 270.  This is going to be tight - but the AZ news is probably the first shred of news for Biden backers thus far since polls have closed.  

I don't mean the results, but the fact that we won't know winner in the short term.  Now this allows the President sow doubt, and then try to push this into the Supreme Court.

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I actually think it is pretty spectacular that most elections you find out within a few hours.  Obviously if everything was done via technology that would be a different story.  

In Missouri you put your ballot in a machine, you would think it counted the vote right away but maybe not

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Okay so VA coming back so hard has to make you feel a lot different about tonight.

This election is so unique due to COVID affecting voter method trends that people don’t know how to forecast this shit.  But if you saw how Ohio went from +14 for Biden to a likely loss, you can see how the opposite will happen when mail-in votes haven’t been accounted for in major blue cities in all the remaining swing states.

This was the worst case scenario imo. Heading to bed.

Coming down to mail in voting that Republicans have attacked endlessly. Coming down to votes counted after the election. This plays right into the Trump card and it's bad.

Good luck men.

Oh, and thanks to John Mccain; sticking it to Donnie from his grave.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

22 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Its crazy to me they wait to count the votes. How have they not come up with a better system?

Do you have any suggestions for an alternative with a pandemic and people not being able to early vote in every state? I think it is smart to count separately, especially if Trump takes it to the Supreme Court and they need an accurate count of mail in ballots.

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

3,582,790 ballots counted at 51% estimated in. Your numbers don't add up. Obviously 51% could be way off

PA does not touch mail in ballots until after the on day ballots are cast.  There are 2.2 million ballots that are mail in.  Those are overwhelming dem.  I am just reporting what was stated.