2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

Nothing has really changed. The networks are just taking a more cautious report because of huge swings all night long. 

It just came out much less of the vote has been counted than reported. 

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

A disaster? They’re 1 senate seat from a majority with the VP, they have GA runoffs and several close races left, and they expanded their house majority. 

It has been closer that my blood pressure would like, but I’ve seen disasters. 2016 was a disaster and it caused the mess that is this year.

They're not taking the Senate.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Is that a state error or NYT?  I could have sworn that AZ has been at 86% in from CNN all morning.

Politico has even less of the vote in and hasn't retracted their call. FWIW the voices I'm seeing scream "It's not over!" re: Arizona are mostly way right twitter accounts

Edited by mqr

1 hour ago, Jerksticks said:

Totally.  It really shows just how awful the democratic message really is.  The far left scares the shit out of most Americans over 25, and the middle left is just a mess of messaging and policy confusion.  The only reason the dems won is because they “weren’t Trump”.  That won’t work in 2022 midterms.  This isn’t a mandate for anything.  

Relax buddy, NO ONE actually thinks Republicans are helping anyone. The Republicans are climate change denialists - the only major political party in the civilized world to be that - and they have destroyed workers rights more than Dems. The problem is the mid-west and sunbelt voted Dem more than R over the past thirty years, and they were promised a lot but in reality they were left behind with no help or assistance from the politicians that promised them exactly that. Their workers rights were decayed, and Obama and Clinton kept funding fraud at the top. And then the identity politics nonsense, which assumes all blacks, whites, latins, gays and etc are the same also destroys the party. They need to look internally and understand that their actions have contributed to this divide and inequality and either change or fall to the wayside.

This is there way of sticking it to the elite that have promised and not delivered to them; they don't think Trump is helping, they just no he enrages the people they detest.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

44 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Why the mods didn't try to scam me out of money is beyond wild.  Where is your Don the Con spirit?

We don't need the cash with the fat paychecks that we get here.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

I think people vastly underrated how much the issues with COVID would HELP Trump in rural areas. A lot of blame was placed on "Democrats" for shutting down the economy. 

It makes sense for rural voters to vote with their pocketbook. They don't need, want, or receive government help. They also don't need interference from the government. That fiercely independent streak fits in better with the GOP.  

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They're not taking the Senate.

At the very worst we are guaranteed to have closed the gap to a 49-51, and that's with the absolutely expected loss of Alabama happening. And while the election may not be favorable for Democrats as an off-year race with a Democratic president, the Republicans will be defending 20 seats in 2022, the Democrats 14 (counting 2 independents and assuming GA runoff)

2 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

That Arizona error effects a couple different news orgs. As I understand it, all the news orgs get their results from one of two sources that aggregate all the results. I believe Edison is the larger of the two.

AP is still standing by its call. 

1 hour ago, mqr said:

Close enough to *successfully* fight. He’s gonna fight. 

Your out of your mind if you think the Dems will ever self reflect. Biden did have a lot to overcome, but man the performance with minorities is.....yikes

Some of the memes on Joe. He has made mistakes but doesn't claim to be Descendant From God. (I live with this stuff day and night.)  I would not put it past Joe to nominate Anita Hill if he reaches that opportunity. Don't sell Joe short. But I will never forget the guy who wore the tan suit. We know now it's not a binary world.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

At the very worst we are guaranteed to have closed the gap to a 49-51, and that's with the absolutely expected loss of Alabama happening. And while the election may not be favorable for Democrats as an off-year race with a Democratic president, the Republicans will be defending 20 seats in 2022, the Democrats 14 (counting 2 independents and assuming GA runoff)

This accomplishes nothing. Not having a majority stonewalls policy with McConnell in charge.

Dems can't get anything done without control. From a policy standpoint it may be even more exhausting over the next two years.

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This accomplishes nothing. Not having a majority stonewalls policy with McConnell in charge.

Dems can't get anything done without control. From a policy standpoint it may be even more exhausting over the next two years.

Small victories are still victories. 

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

It makes sense for rural voters to vote with their pocketbook. They don't need, want, or receive government help. They also don't need interference from the government. That fiercely independent streak fits in better with the GOP.  

Based on what? Republicans have increased government size and spending more than Democrats over the past 30 years. This small-fed narrative around the right is just nonsense.