2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

They may know (or maybe not), but stuff like this feeds right into Trump supporters' thinking.  If you look at Twitter, the amount of supporters claiming "fraud" and a "rigged vote" or "dead people voting" or "people voting more than once" is staggering.  Putting something like this out will just get them more wound up and claim that the networks, including their previously loved FOX News, are in on the scam.

Some one pointed out that it feels more like a play for TrumpTV than Trump 2020, and I think I tend to agree. 

Just now, Texsox said:

My guess is the runoffs will function like mid term elections with the "out" party prevailing.

One of the run-offs, I forget which, was only close because there was a second R that got like 15 percent of the vote. 

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Some one pointed out that it feels more like a play for TrumpTV than Trump 2020, and I think I tend to agree. 

It's quite possible, if Trump loses, he creates his own TV network.  The silent majority, as they call themselves, would be an instant audience for him.  They'll just get louder and more obnoxious.

3 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Nate Silver at 538 is saying that he believes Nevada is close to being called.  Just speculation, but based on the amount of vote in and what's left, it doesn't look like there's any hope for Trump.

Ralston is the Nevada Vote Whisperer

He's not sure there will be enough counted/reported today to firmly call it, but these first batches out of the biggest rural NV counties aren't enough with tons of Clark (Las Vegas) to drop still. 

12 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

So, if Nevada is called for Biden by Fox news and/or the other outlets that called Arizona for Biden, do they call the presidential race?  I can't imagine they would unless they go with "apparent winner".  My guess is that they don't really say anything.

I suspect that Fox News and AP will stick by their Arizona calls until the end, but it looks like a coin flip at this point. They'll be really hesitant to call NV or GA in Biden's favor, assuming he gets either one, as that'd put him over the top on a somewhat questionable AZ call.

Hopefully Philly picks up their counting again and this is all moot anyway.

On a different note ... my question to you is: "Will Joe Biden be an even better president than Obama? Is he gonna be one of the most popular presidents ever since he follows a president who is publicly despised by so many?" Curious as to how we think Joe will do.

7 minutes ago, greg775 said:

On a different note ... my question to you is: "Will Joe Biden be an even better president than Obama? Is he gonna be one of the most popular presidents ever since he follows a president who is publicly despised by so many?" Curious as to how we think Joe will do.

If the Republicans control the Senate, he won't be able to do much for 2 years until the next election cycle. Mitch is going to do what he did with Obama, don't let anything go through. But if they win the runoffs and can get even, you will see a difference from Obama who tried to create some unity between parties when he began and all it did was cost him when he had control of everything. Biden won't make that mistake if he ever gets total control. 

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If the Republicans control the Senate, he won't be able to do much for 2 years until the next election cycle. Mitch is going to do what he did with Obama, don't let anything go through. But if they win the runoffs and can get even, you will see a difference from Obama who tried to create some unity between parties when he began and all it did was cost him when he had control of everything. Biden won't make that mistake if he ever gets total control. 

Interesting. Thanks. I wonder how the Senate will wind up? If it goes Democrat then Joe gets everything passed.

My hope is Biden is his own man. On the Republican side there's been a lot of fear he could be a puppet and merely do what AOC and BLM/Antifa want, i.e., absolutely no guns, no prisons, no cops, excessive reparations to the tune of 400,000 bucks per Black family, free medical care for illegal immigrants when Americans pay out the butt for insurance, stuff like that. I trust Joe will be his own man like Obama. If so he could be the most popular president in history considering the anger toward Mr. Trump.

• Haha 1

Just now, greg775 said:

Interesting. Thanks. I wonder how the Senate will wind up? If it goes Democrat then Joe gets everything passed.

My hope is Biden is his own man. On the Republican side there's been a lot of fear he could be a puppet and merely do what AOC and BLM/Antifa want, i.e., absolutely no guns, no prisons, no cops, excessive reparations to the tune of 400,000 bucks per Black family, free medical care for illegal immigrants when Americans pay out the butt for insurance, stuff like that. I trust Joe will be his own man like Obama. If so he could be the most popular president in history considering the anger toward Mr. Trump.

All of that is complete and total nonsense. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

My hope is Biden is his own man. On the Republican side there's been a lot of fear PROPAGANDA he could be a puppet and merely do what AOC and BLM/Antifa want, i.e., absolutely no guns, no prisons, no cops, excessive reparations to the tune of 400,000 bucks per Black family, free medical care for illegal immigrants when Americans pay out the butt for insurance, stuff like that. I trust Joe will be his own man like Obama. If so he could be the most popular president in history considering the anger toward Mr. Trump.

Fixed that for you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

If Dems get it to 50-50 and Joe wins, Kamala because the deciding vote. 

If Joe wins, it will be interesting to see what the former Republicans become. The real republicans who saw Trump for what he was and abandoned ship. I really doubt they are going to be on board with a lot of Joe's policies, so in a couple of years they probably are going to be campaigning for people who are against his policies. But will the republican party get back to a somewhat normal state? I think that will take more than 2 years. 4 years from now, Trumpism, assuming he is a one term guy, probably goes the way of the Tea Party. But 2 years from now, there still will be people with their eyes wide open, speaking like they just snorted a pound of cocaine, listing their grievances, and bowing down to Agent Orange.

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

If the Democratic Party was looking to do what AOC wanted, Bernie would have been a candidate. It was a scare tactic from Trump. Why do you believe what he says? No air conditioning, no heat. TV only when it's windy. No suburbs, all churches will be closed. Why do you buy his act?

Guys this is over. There is zero chance that Nevada goes to Trump. Georgia is looking decent to flip to Biden, PA is looking likely to flip to PA. AZ demographics of remaining ballots look really good for BIden. Out of remaining counts, only NC, AK, and ME last district looking to be Trump wins.  Biden is going to finish with 306 EVs in all likelihood.  That is enough to make it necessary to win multiple lawsuits to reverse this election for Trump, and making it pretty nearly impossible.

5 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

I wish Joe Biden was 10% as good as Republicans portray him to be

Sleepy Joe who can't hold a thought, and can only stay in his basement, t is an unmatched criminal mastermind in the Ukraine and China. Got the whole world in on a Covid 19 hoax, and now is rigging an election like no one has never been done before. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Sleepy Joe who can't hold a thought, and can only stay in his basement, t is an unmatched criminal mastermind in the Ukraine and China. Got the whole world in on a Covid 19 hoax, and now is rigging an election like no one has never been done before. 

Rigging the election and forgot to give the Senate to himself. 

• Haha 1