2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

Lmao

Am I misusing the term? Idk.

I'm referring to people, not govt, who constantly push narratives that Trump cheated in 2016. That was mainstream enough for ppl to say and not be considered a conspiracist. Thats all I'm saying.

Edited by KrankinSox
  • Like 1

So much for Reagan’s shining light on a hill/beacon of hope for world democracies...

Now we have a quite different version of American Exceptionalism that countries like Russia and China and Iran and North Korea...well, pretty much every single dictatorship in the world, to run on their news reels for the next 20-30 years.

Hopefully Brazil and India don’t use Trump as an example, or the future of democracy is going to be pretty bleak.

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I'm referring to people, not govt, who constantly push narratives that Trump cheated in 2016. That was mainstream enough for ppl to say and not be considered a conspiracist. Thats all I'm saying.

I call them conspiracy theorists

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I call them conspiracy theorists

Ok but my point is that these were just regular left- leaning democratic voters. However, the mainstream media told us that it was OK to say Trump collided with Russia so all these liberals screamed it from the rooftops.

Now, God forbid, if you question fraud this time around you are "combative" "qanon" "troll".

I'm none of those things.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

That stuff between Van & Axelrod just now on CNN was powerful as fuck. It genuinely brought tears to my eyes. It was like the world stopped. Fuck.

Axelrod wasn't going to tiptoe around the racism.

9 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Liberals are not leftist and leftists are not liberal. Words have meanings. 

Just now, Danny Dravot said:

Missed it. Recap please?

Van was very calm and thanked the Republican (name is escaping me) on the panel for his honesty. He then brought up Trump singling out Detroit and Philly & Axelrod immediately interrupted and said "Van, it comes down to one thing: race. It's his go-to play. That's Donald Trump." The camera went back to Van and he could barely look at the camera fighting back tears. He went on to talk about how black people have every right to vote and they have done everything to have that right. Powerful

23 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I'm not a troll. I just dont necessarily blindly trust what I'm told by the media. You don't think most networks and big tech companies lean a certain direction?

If Trump loses this election, it was almost certainly because he lost the vote. Legitimately. But if you don't think after all we've seen that the govt isn't capable of fraud at their most desperate moment, then you're blind.

All I heard before the election was how bad Biden/Democrats are for big tech due to anti-trust concerns. Suddenly, they’re in on the fix? Come on man, Trump is just spewing nonsense.

6 minutes ago, mqr said:

I’d add that it’s not uncommon for the two to be bitter enemies, either. Saw a video of a march in Denver the other day with a banner at the front that said, “Death to fascism and the liberals that enable it”. Woof.

6 minutes ago, mqr said:

to be fair, fox news conflates the two.  most people have no idea how much leftists hate the democratic party, but we are stuck with either the green party, or holding our nose and voting for dems

Just now, Danny Dravot said:

I’d add that it’s not uncommon for the two to be bitter enemies, either. Saw a video of a march in Denver the other day with a banner at the front that said, “Death to fascism and the liberals that enable it”. Woof.

Yup. Liberals hate us (and vice versa, in a lot of cases) which is why I find it funny when everyone tries to lump us together as equals

44 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

looks like Biden will end up with 286 EV

that's my prediction

Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada puts him at 286.

I still think Trump will squeak out Pennsylvania, but there's a good chance Biden can edge it out also which would put Biden at 306

Just for reference, Biden is going to win Pennsylvania handily in the final count. There's enough votes in Philadelphia county alone to tie that state up.

12 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

to be fair, fox news conflates the two.  most people have no idea how much leftists hate the democratic party, but we are stuck with either the green party, or holding our nose and voting for dems

yeah that’s why my initial response was to laugh. 

Fox people would blow a gasket if they realized how divisive even AOC can be on the left. 

Edited by mqr

21 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Van was very calm and thanked the Republican (name is escaping me) on the panel for his honesty. He then brought up Trump singling out Detroit and Philly & Axelrod immediately interrupted and said "Van, it comes down to one thing: race. It's his go-to play. That's Donald Trump." The camera went back to Van and he could barely look at the camera fighting back tears. He went on to talk about how black people have every right to vote and they have done everything to have that right. Powerful

Technically (and maybe this is just due to turn out), it is interesting, but I believe I heard a stat from one of the talking heads today (don't remember whom) but Trump had the biggest share of minority vote from any republican since Richard Nixon.  They actually said - as they are analyzing - the place where Trump got worse (2020 vs. 2016) was the white male left him (that isn't to say there wern't plenty of white males who voted for Trump - just not at the same ratio as 2016).  

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Technically (and maybe this is just due to turn out), it is interesting, but I believe I heard a stat from one of the talking heads today (don't remember whom) but Trump had the biggest share of minority vote from any republican since Richard Nixon.  They actually said - as they are analyzing - the place where Trump got worse (2020 vs. 2016) was the white male left him (that isn't to say there wern't plenty of white males who voted for Trump - just not at the same ratio as 2016).  

This is true. It wasn't due to turnout, its based on percentages. Trump's numbers among blacks and Latinos were record high for a Republican.

Edited by KrankinSox

Via the Associated Press:

U.S. voters went to the polls starkly divided on how they see President Donald Trump's response to the coronavirus pandemic, with a surprising twist: In places where the virus is most rampant now, Trump enjoyed enormous support.

An Associated Press analysis reveals that in 376 counties with the highest number of new cases per capita, the overwhelming majority — 93% of those counties — went for Trump, a rate above other less severely hit areas. Most were rural areas in Montana, the Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa and Wisconsin.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Via the Associated Press:

U.S. voters went to the polls starkly divided on how they see President Donald Trump's response to the coronavirus pandemic, with a surprising twist: In places where the virus is most rampant now, Trump enjoyed enormous support.

An Associated Press analysis reveals that in 376 counties with the highest number of new cases per capita, the overwhelming majority — 93% of those counties — went for Trump, a rate above other less severely hit areas. Most were rural areas in Montana, the Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa and Wisconsin.

Isn't that explained by rural areas being the last to be hit by the virus and most likely to be conservative? More coincidence than anything else.