2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

1 hour ago, Danny Dravot said:

I don't think that's true.

The biggest issue with Trump is character. The racism, the braggadocio, the conspiracy theories, the name calling, the pettiness, etc.

Additionally, this character oozes into his policies as well. I support border control but it needs to be humane. We can secure our borders while treating future illegal immigrants with fairness and humanity. We can deal likewise with illegals who are already here (reasonable pathways to citizenship, with due process abiding deportation for otherwise violent criminals). Multiple witnesses have stated that Trump actually gets off on the cruelty aspect (referencing Miles Taylor here).

Some GOP congressmen and women are clowns. Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Greene come to mind. But Tim Scott, Mitt Romney, Ben Sasse, and others have done a good job of maintaining their dignity and integrity despite idiocy at the top of the ticket. John Cornyn, for one, has worked to secure a permanent legislative solution for DACA recipients.

A lot of these guys you mentioned have rubber stamped his actions, they may say they are concerned but they still said "sure that is fine whatever you say, President Trump".   

now I have to listen to all of these Republicans who laughed at the idea of bipartisanship (specifically Chris Christie on abc right now)tell me that it is important that both sides listen to each other.  

Fuck that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

A lot of these guys you mentioned have rubber stamped his actions, they may say they are concerned but they still said "sure that is fine whatever you say, President Trump".   

now I have to listen to all of these Republicans who laughed at the idea of bipartisanship (specifically Chris Christie on abc right now)tell me that it is important that both sides listen to each other.  

Fuck that

This is after 4 years of elections have consequences,  fuck your feelings, no more bullshit, snowflakes, feelings based crowd etc. Now all the sudden they want civility in politics. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 3

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is after 4 years of elections have consequences,  fuck your feelings, no more bullshit, snowflakes, feelings based crowd etc. Now all the sudden they want civility in politics. 

To be fair, "elections have consequences" is something Obama said to Eric Cantor in 2009.

I want the system to work. Mitch McConnell should hold debates on nominees, judges, and legislation. He is perfectly within his rights to block candidates who are unqualified or too extreme (this election is a win for centrism, which I think is great). Assuming the Senate holds, Biden has been denied a progressive mandate but both sides should work together on things to help this country reach its full potential. Trump's character was always a blight, and with him gone, I hope civility returns at least to our government.

Biden has NOT been denied a progressive mandate.  That is  a false narrative by  Fox Newser/Trumpers who point out that Democrats lost House and Senate seats. However, the small red wave was mainly in areas that already skewed red and benefited from Trump ginning up his base.

Look for Biden to undo every Trump Executive Order. There will be comeuppance and it is right around the corner.

Well it was a good fight. 

Edited by tray

1 hour ago, Danny Dravot said:

I want the system to work. Mitch McConnell should hold debates on nominees, judges, and legislation. He is perfectly within his rights to block candidates who are unqualified or too extreme (this election is a win for centrism, which I think is great). Assuming the Senate holds, Biden has been denied a progressive mandate but both sides should work together on things to help this country reach its full potential. Trump's character was always a blight, and with him gone, I hope civility returns at least to our government.

When someone shows you who they are, you should believe them.

Mitch McConnell has shown himself to be a lying piece of $hit, who cares not about the functioning of our system, so much as he can be a partisan turd.

While I admire your enthusiasm, I prefer that McConnell be denied the chance to fück the system/our nation, as majority leader.

Should the 2 GA runoff go for the dems, there are enough ACTUAL moderates, and Dem Sens in red/reddish states that can moderate the legislative agenda. Beyond Manchin, there are other Dem senators that have been more moderate than  other Dems.

But McConnell has lost his claim to any measure of honesty or respect through his actions.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tray said:

Biden has NOT been denied a progressive mandate.  That is  a false narrative by  Fox Newser/Trumpers who point out that Democrats lost House and Senate seats. However, the small red wave was mainly in areas that already skewed red and benefited from Trump ginning up his base.

Look for Biden to undo every Trump Executive Order. There will be comeuppance and it is right around the corner.

Well it was a good fight. 

I'm not a Trumper. If things hold as they are now, it looks like Dems will not gain the Senate. If people wanted a progressive mandate, they would have given the Dems everything. Instead, they rejected Trump and kept everything else the same. That's as "denied a progressive mandate" as a potentially sympathetic president-elect can get. Biden won because he's not Trump, not because Americans are overwhelmingly clamoring for M4A, a Green New Deal, and so on. And I'm very happy for the country with the way things turned out.

He's absolutely welcome to overturn every single Trump EO. That's one downside to using EOs to do too much; it'll go away the second you leave. So chop 'em down, Joe.

19 minutes ago, knightni said:

According to the Constitution,  if Trump refuses to concede, the Republican state Representatives in Congress can go past Biden and keep Trump as president.

lol the electors decide who will be seated as president. 

When I hear the calls for unity I realize what I thought four years ago about uniting behind Trump. I expect the same from his supporters and will not criticize anyone for lawful protests. 

Biden won because he's not Trump, not because Americans are overwhelmingly clamoring for M4A, a Green New Deal, and so on.

MFA won't come overnight, but Covid-19 and other factors like fewer jobs offering  Health Insurance coverage will make that inevitable.

Biden has already mentioned lowering the age for Medicare.  That's step one toward going full boat MFA.

The Green New Deal?  Not all at once but most of Trump's short sighted policies that have wreaked havoc on the environment will be reversed.

Fracking will be allowed but regulated to ensure that methane is not released in the air.  No fracking on public lands. Protection of our aquifers instead of allowing oil pipelines to be built over them.

Electric auto manufacture and purchase  will  be subsidized again instead of drilling for oil and fracking.

Biden will probably look to get back in the Iran nuke deal, get on board with the Paris Agreement,  and undo the damage with allies that Trump has done.

It's a new day, Bono.

Edited by tray