2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

It is so funny that Trump and his supporters cry about a stolen election. It was the Trump Administration that sabotaged the Post Office system to hamper mail in voting. There was the Texas governor who took down drop off boxes for early voting. And it was Trump supporters hanging around vote processing centers in an attempt to interfere with the vote counting. They did all of this and more and they still lost their asses.

Now the dumb ass refuses to concede as the Covid cases mount in the White House. His goof ball supporters say "it's not over," when it has been over for almost a week. This spectacle would be funny if it wasn't so scary. And they say Trumpism isn't dead? Now that is a truly scary thought. 

Finally, and not as a surprise, Republican leaders are sitting on their asses and not doing a damned thing to discourage this shit.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

It is so funny that Trump and his supporters cry about a stolen election. It was the Trump Administration that sabotaged the Post Office system to hamper mail in voting. There was the Texas governor who took down drop off boxes for early voting. And it was Trump supporters hanging around vote processing centers in an attempt to interfere with the vote counting. They did all of this and more and they still lost their asses.

Now the dumb ass refuses to concede as the Covid cases mount in the White House. His goof ball supporters say "it's not over," when it has been over for almost a week. This spectacle would be funny if it wasn't so scary. And they say Trumpism isn't dead? Now that is a truly scary thought. 

Finally, and not as a surprise, Republican leaders are sitting on their asses and not doing a damned thing to discourage this shit.

And don’t forget the Press conference today at Four Seasons Landscaping, not the Four Seasons hotel, right next to an adult book store (maybe Rudy had to stop in to tuck in his shirt) because someone with the campaign fucked up. 

Ralph Naders podcast today mentioned Biden might be looking to add republican senators from Blue states to his cabinet in exchange for the Dem Governor to replace them with a democrat.  I might be getting this wrong,but that's how I interpreted it.  This would be a way to at least get the senate to 50/50.  Sadly there are guys like Joe Manchin who vote against left policies so who knows if it'll work out the way they think

48 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

And don’t forget the Press conference today at Four Seasons Landscaping, not the Four Seasons hotel, right next to an adult book store (maybe Rudy had to stop in to tuck in his shirt) because someone with the campaign fucked up. 

The incompetence is too funny. 

4 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Ralph Naders podcast today mentioned Biden might be looking to add republican senators from Blue states to his cabinet in exchange for the Dem Governor to replace them with a democrat.  I might be getting this wrong,but that's how I interpreted it.  This would be a way to at least get the senate to 50/50.  Sadly there are guys like Joe Manchin who vote against left policies so who knows if it'll work out the way they think

I think the goal for Biden and the democrats is to make sure McConnell can't block everything under the sun that Biden tries to do like he did Obama after 2010. 

• Like 2

Silver projects Biden will win by 4.3 points when all the votes are counted. So the national polls were 4 points off. Even more than in 2016.

If the turnout is actually 160 million, Biden is set to win the popular vote 82 million to 75 million. A 7 million vote win in the popular vote is very significant.

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Silver projects Biden will win by 4.3 points when all the votes are counted. So the national polls were 4 points off. Even more than in 2016.

If the turnout is actually 160 million, Biden is set to win the popular vote 82 million to 75 million. A 7 million vote win in the popular vote is very significant.

What’s terrifying is that he could have won by 5 million votes and still lost. 

And in 2024, that will just grow. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

What’s terrifying is that he could have won by 5 million votes and still lost. 

And in 2024, that will just grow. 

Yeah it's pretty fucked up. The margins Biden will win by in WI, PA, MI will total less than 250k. A quarter million less votes and he loses, even though he will have 7 million more votes.

President Donald Trump will lose Twitter privileges he enjoys as a world leader when President-Elect Joe Biden takes office on January 20th, 2021. Twitter confirmed that Trump’s @realDonaldTrump account will be subject to the same rules as any other user — including bans on inciting violence and posting false information about voting or the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/7/21552606/trump-twitter-world-leader-public-interest-exception-ends-january-loss

Well this is phenomenal. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

75 million people voting for that scumbag is still too damn high. I'm glad Trump's reign is over, but we have to realize the damage has still been done. I fear irreparable damage may have been done and we need to do a lot to get back to where we were. And God forbid Ivanka or Donald Jr. make a grab at it next time. 

I'm not trying to downplay the victory. But the fact apparently almost half the country twice voted for a lifelong conman, bona fide cult leading Fox News Grandpa (and so many other dangerous things) is just fucking insane. The goal was acheived: fully expose the ignorance in this country. It happened. It can't be unseen.

I really hope we can get back to where we were. But the fact the last 4 years even happened will forever be a dark, catastrophic stain on our history.

And don't get me started on how badly we need to change this archaic voting system, ugh. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1