2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Connecting the dots here, I wonder if this is why we haven't seen Pence for days?

Could be - but I am guessing it is more that Pence wants to stay out of the way (politically) plus there is probably fact that the campaign would rather there be one voice from Trump himself.  

32 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Could be - but I am guessing it is more that Pence wants to stay out of the way (politically) plus there is probably fact that the campaign would rather there be one voice from Trump himself.  

Could have sworn I saw a tweet this morning that Biden and Pence talked this morning and discussed transfer of power 

2 hours ago, NWINFan said:

They do seem not to have that concept even with their complete incompetence is showing. This is taking denial to the extreme. And the rest of the GOP seems to have no shame as well.

What's wrong with airing a grievance through the judicial system? The different branches are what make our country so great. If you have a beef might as well explore all avenues. If your claims are wrong, then accept that. Nothing wrong with contesting what you feel are improprieties if you feel you are wronged in America.

Edited by greg775

5 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Is her opponent THE oberweis dude?

Yep, he took it over after his dad died, and has made losing elections in illinois his personal calling for what feels like my entire life. He did make it to a state senate seat, but has failed over and over getting to a federal level (or real state level)

edit: to be clear though he really did turn oberweis into what it is today, but he didn't start it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Could have sworn I saw a tweet this morning that Biden and Pence talked this morning and discussed transfer of power 

You did. It was 2 days after the election in 2016. Biden had Pence in to discuss the transfer. Now, it's nothing but BS. Mike Pence willing to ruin any reputation he has left on something that would ruin this country if for some political reason it went Trumps way.

Edited by Dick Allen

3 hours ago, The Beast said:

Haha, we did think of naming him Joe but only so we could call him sleepy Joe when he was a baby. Named him William Robert. Yeah I know, Billy Bob.

Congrats, dude. Good name, too- my own son's name is William Bruce. I do call him Billy Bruce every once in a while just to irritate the Mrs.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

This makes me sad. Esper fended off Trump's worst impulses on the military as best he could, rejecting use of the Insurrection Act against protesters, advocating the renaming of traitor bases, and issuing guidance which effectively banned the Confederate flag from bases. Also, unlike his boss, he served his country voluntarily and honorably. He deserved better than getting fired by that shithead via tweet.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

What's wrong with airing a grievance through the judicial system? The different branches are what make our country so great. If you have a beef might as well explore all avenues. If your claims are wrong, then accept that. Nothing wrong with contesting what you feel are improprieties if you feel you are wronged in America.

Then file a lawsuit. Quit going online and on tv trying to create chaos. If you have a legitimate case go to court and win.

The fact that they are all over TV/twitter/etc makes it seem like their cases arent credible. I have no idea, I havent seen the evidence. But from what I am hearing none of the major firms/players are willing to touch the cases because there is little to no merit.

/shrugs

• Like 1

He’s batting .000 so far.

https://apple.news/AY9K0jBWVQhaBqaCqqDacxA

• Like 1

Do you think there is fraud and it cost Trump the election? Weren't you telling us you knew Biden would win all along? Have you changed your tune? Even your man Rush said Trump lost didn't he?

What is all of this BS accomplishing? They are catering to a whiny little orange baby. It's time for it to end. Republicans are scared of him. 

• Like 1

Greg: Unity

Also Greg: But only Democrats should extend olive branches. It is OK if Republicans respond by lighting the branch on fire.

8 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Then file a lawsuit. Quit going online and on tv trying to create chaos. If you have a legitimate case go to court and win.

The fact that they are all over TV/twitter/etc makes it seem like their cases arent credible. I have no idea, I havent seen the evidence. But from what I am hearing none of the major firms/players are willing to touch the cases because there is little to no merit.

/shrugs

The Republican Senators from GA called on the Republican SecState to resign and said "when there is evidence of failures they need to be called out." Their statement called out none and gave no evidence of any, just asserted they exist.