2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That's a fair post. I can see your point(s). I have to be honest. I haven't watched any of Trump's pressers or whine sessions or whatever they are. I've tried to cut back on stuff I watch cause it all makes me so upset. So if that disqualifies me from having an opinion, so be it. I personally think I should share my opinion because there ARE people who think like me out there.

In conclusion, though, If I were Trump I'd just concede and spend the rest of my life (he's old, folks) doing what ex-presidents do, write books, give speeches, do stuff for charity and fade away with the realization you once held the highest office, no more. The ODDS of all the lawsuits changing anything are slim IMO so I'd move on. That's just me.

I have no problem wanting to have your day in court or battling it out. But when you are the President of the United States your first duty is to the American people. You dont make statements that you cant back up with facts. 

All he had to say was something like:

"We believe that there may have been irregularities with voting. We are taking our time to investigate them" and then went back to work being the President. He has a job to do still.

2 hours ago, mqr said:

Why is loeffler allowed to keep office after that stock sell-off

The state where Brian Kemp threw out 198K qualified voter regs while he was running for governor. One day we will have long sentences for pigs like him. 

18 minutes ago, pcq said:

The state where Brian Kemp threw out 198K qualified voter regs while he was running for governor. One day we will have long sentences for pigs like him. 

https://www.westernjournal.com/truth-1-5-million-voters-kemp-purged-ga-election-rolls-terrible-dems/

You’re wrong, and wanting to lock up people who disagree with you is pretty fascistic.

Stacey Abrams lost a legitimate election which saw record minority turnout. Her nonstop whining about it is as idiotic and demagogic as Trump’s.

1 hour ago, Soxbadger said:

I have no problem wanting to have your day in court or battling it out. But when you are the President of the United States your first duty is to the American people. You dont make statements that you cant back up with facts. 

All he had to say was something like:

"We believe that there may have been irregularities with voting. We are taking our time to investigate them" and then went back to work being the President. He has a job to do still.

Like firing people. I'm not certain there is anything I want him doing as a lame duck. In fact I really wish there was congressional oversight on some actions during this time.

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Like firing people. I'm not certain there is anything I want him doing as a lame duck. In fact I really wish there was congressional oversight on some actions during this time.

They could impeach him. The problem is GOP in the Senate seem to be fine burning the country down. 

46 minutes ago, Danny Dravot said:

https://www.westernjournal.com/truth-1-5-million-voters-kemp-purged-ga-election-rolls-terrible-dems/

You’re wrong, and wanting to lock up people who disagree with you is pretty fascistic.

Stacey Abrams lost a legitimate election which saw record minority turnout. Her nonstop whining about it is as idiotic and demagogic as Trump’s.

Get lost. 

27 minutes ago, pcq said:

Get lost. 

Haha. I’ll take that as, “I’m too much of a partisan hack to form an intelligent response.”

I hate Donald Trump because he is a racist, conspiratorial idiot with authoritarian tendencies. The only reason YOU hate Donald Trump is because he doesn’t advance your political preferences.

Be better.

Edited by Danny Dravot

Seriously, if Donald Trump was a mean-spirited buffoon who denigrated our institutions and our democracy and admired dictators while pushing hardcore progressive policies, some of you would trip all over yourselves to vote for him.

Some of you, while normally very progressive, would continue to detest him.

I’ll leave out how little I think of the first group. To the second group, you really have my lasting respect.

5 minutes ago, Danny Dravot said:

Haha. I’ll take that as, “I’m too much of a partisan hack to form an intelligent response.”

I hate Donald Trump because he is a racist, conspiratorial idiot with authoritarian tendencies. The only reason YOU hate Donald Trump is because he doesn’t advance your political preferences.

Be better.

Because you are a liar and make things up. Good bye. 

4 minutes ago, Danny Dravot said:

Seriously, if Donald Trump was a mean-spirited buffoon who denigrated our institutions and our democracy and admired dictators while pushing hardcore progressive policies, some of you would trip all over yourselves to vote for him.

Some of you, while normally very progressive, would continue to detest him.

I’ll leave out how little I think of the first group. To the second group, you really have my lasting respect.

After 2004 there were a handful of Democrats who insisted that the election was stolen by voting machines. There was as much evidence as this year. But you can note one big difference- the remainder of the party never joined in on it. The attorney general and the Senate Majority Leader are going along with it right now.

47 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

After 2004 there were a handful of Democrats who insisted that the election was stolen by voting machines. There was as much evidence as this year. But you can note one big difference- the remainder of the party never joined in on it. The attorney general and the Senate Majority Leader are going along with it right now.

There are many conservatives who haven’t joined in on that garbage. Then again, they’re the ones who never liked Trump in the first place. I condemn it- I’ve worked on elections in the Third World and ours are damn near perfect. Whatever your beliefs are, you need to accept the results and your political fate, whatever it be.

I think a state law that the vote is something to “use or lose” is dumb, but that’s what GA decided to do twenty years ago. Until the law is repealed or overturned by a court, it should be enforced. That’s what happened in 2018.

Additionally, I despise the low-rent name calling and “lock her up” bullshit endorsed against Trump. It’s absolutely un-American. I turned against many of my personal policy preferences to end it this year. 

@pcq, on the other hand, pines for it as long as it goes in his preferred direction. He also wanted to punch Kayleigh McEnany the other day. Locking up disagreeable politicians, calling them pigs, wanting violence against the same, the dude is Donald Trump in every single way.

He should try developing a principle or two.

45 minutes ago, Danny Dravot said:

There are many conservatives who haven’t joined in on that garbage. Then again, they’re the ones who never liked Trump in the first place. I condemn it- I’ve worked on elections in the Third World and ours are damn near perfect. Whatever your beliefs are, you need to accept the results and your political fate, whatever it be.

I think a state law that the vote is something to “use or lose” is dumb, but that’s what GA decided to do twenty years ago. Until the law is repealed or overturned by a court, it should be enforced. That’s what happened in 2018.

Additionally, I despise the low-rent name calling and “lock her up” bullshit endorsed against Trump. It’s absolutely un-American. I turned against many of my personal policy preferences to end it this year. 

@pcq, on the other hand, pines for it as long as it goes in his preferred direction. He also wanted to punch Kayleigh McEnany the other day. Locking up disagreeable politicians, calling them pigs, wanting violence against the same, the dude is Donald Trump in every single way.

Very very few republicans are condemning this bullshit which is an attack on our democracy.  Lindsey Graham just said that Republicans win because of their ideas and democrats win because they cheat.  The Republican Party has lost its fucking mind and if we do end up with people having no faith in our system or the country ends up embroiled in turmoil and violence it is 100% on that side of the isle.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Very very few republicans are condemning this bullshit which is an attack on our democracy.  Lindsey Graham just said that Republicans win because of their ideas and democrats win because they cheat.  The Republican Party has lost its fucking mind and if we do end up with people having no faith in our system or the country ends up embroiled in turmoil and violence it is 100% on that side of the isle.

Greg Palast audited the Georgia purges and found 198K voters had been removed from the rolls who had not moved and should not have been purged. He also won summary judgment on his case because the state was dragging their heels. The old red neck ways are being scrutinized and they are in panic mode.  The voters will be heard. 

20 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Trump campaign sent 23 emails yesterday seeking donations, w/messages like "mysterious ballots" and "STOP COUNTING ILLEGAL BALLOTS." The fine print says 60% of donations go to "retirement of general election debt." Which suggests debt and no incentive to concede until it's retired.

I read that this is also a campaign finance violation as well

2 hours ago, pcq said:

Greg Palast audited the Georgia purges and found 198K voters had been removed from the rolls who had not moved and should not have been purged. He also won summary judgment on his case because the state was dragging their heels. The old red neck ways are being scrutinized and they are in panic mode.  The voters will be heard. 

I read Greg Palast's website article wherein he complains about this. He complains about exactly the way the law works. He points out that if you move from one side of Savannah to the other, you don't have to re-register. Well, that's irrelevant to HB 889, which considers "no contact" to mean that the elector has not filed and updated registration card, has not filed a change of name or address, has not signed a verified petition, has not signed a voter certificate, and has not confirmed the elector's continuation at the same address during the preceding three calendar years.

Again, I think a use your vote or lose it law (especially based on no activity over three years, which could mean merely missing a freaking midterm election) is idiotic, but it's the law. If you don't like the law, then overturn it. Until then, enforce it exactly as it sits upon the books.

45 minutes ago, Danny Dravot said:

I read Greg Palast's website article wherein he complains about this. He complains about exactly the way the law works. He points out that if you move from one side of Savannah to the other, you don't have to re-register. Well, that's irrelevant to HB 889, which considers "no contact" to mean that the elector has not filed and updated registration card, has not filed a change of name or address, has not signed a verified petition, has not signed a voter certificate, and has not confirmed the elector's continuation at the same address during the preceding three calendar years.

Again, I think a use your vote or lose it law (especially based on no activity over three years, which could mean merely missing a freaking midterm election) is idiotic, but it's the law. If you don't like the law, then overturn it. Until then, enforce it exactly as it sits upon the books.

It's funny people treat the 2nd amendment as more sacred than they do the 2nd commandment, yet when it comes to the 15th amendment,  no one cares. There is no qualifying wording in the 15th, unlike the 2nd.  Yet we allow states to routinely steal those rights.

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's funny people treat the 2nd amendment as more sacred than they do the 2nd commandment, yet when it comes to the 15th amendment,  no one cares. There is no qualifying wording in the 15th, unlike the 2nd.  Yet we allow states to routinely steal those rights.

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State

Then a court should overturn the law.

I have a SIG 5.56 rifle sitting in a safe in my closet. I would disapprove of an assault weapons ban or a law stating that I must register that weapon with the authorities, and I would want a court to overturn such law as a violation of 2A, but, until that happened, I would comply because that's the way our system works.

Edit: Before anyone comes along and says, "Would you comply with tHe NuReMbErG lAwS?!?!?" Umm, there's a MASSIVE difference between, "you must follow these steps to exercise your vote"/"you must not own a weapon that has these features" and "your grandmother had a strange name so let's put you in a gas chamber". So, please don't.

Edited by Danny Dravot

19 hours ago, greg775 said:

What's wrong with airing a grievance through the judicial system? The different branches are what make our country so great. If you have a beef might as well explore all avenues. If your claims are wrong, then accept that. Nothing wrong with contesting what you feel are improprieties if you feel you are wronged in America.

Because there is no grievance here. There is absolutely no evidence of fraud anywhere. He is not being wronged here; he is wronging the country with these stupid and fabricated conspiracy theories. It is time that Trump and his supporters leave la-la land and join the rest of us in reality. 

It is time for transition. Any recounts will only confirm that Donald Trump lost. And he lost despite his many efforts to sabotage this election. And he is demonstrating why he doesn't belong in a position of power and authority. He wants to be a dictator even though he has lost by almost 5 million votes.

Hillary Clinton had a bigger beef than than Trump. She lost three key states by a mere 77,000 votes. She won the overall popular vote. She was ten times more qualified than Trump and ten times smarter. Yet, she accepted her election loss under the system. I guess she was a bigger man than he is being right now.

On January 20, Trump will have to leave the White House. I only hope it is in hand cuffs. That is how the judicial system should work. Trump on trial and then Trump in prison.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Danny Dravot said:

Multiple GOP state Attorneys General have signed on to the PA lawsuits. The rot runs very deep.

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

There is absolutely no evidence of fraud anywhere. He is not being wronged here;

I just listened to a Rudy G youtube in which he clearly lays out his case for fraud. Let it play out in the courts. He was on a local NY stadtion. He said no media nationally are interested in the story. In Rudy's words, "you may not believe the evidence but there is evidence of fraud." There's no harm in letting it play out in the courts. It won't affect Joe in any way and his supporters are just mocking the efforts of Trump and Rudy G anyway. So what's the problem?

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 1