2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

28 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I have friends who drove their boat down there to immediately to rescue people. They are saints. Wanting to help their fellow man. They did it. I can prove it. My friends didn't ask their political affiliation. THEY HELPED. Not the Puerto Rico one, one of the other hurricanes, Louisiana, etc. I'd appreciate if you quit cussing at me.

Are your friends filthy loaded, or is this a commercial boat that is part of a business? I don't know much about boats, but it must be big if you can take it down to Puerto Rico.

Just now, greg775 said:

Badger I really didn;'t want to link to five stories but I found three in about 20 seconds if you want me to. It's a simple google to find the stories.

And it's all farfetched BS that the people you like to listen to spew out daily. Read up on what would be required. If people are going to do it, not enough to make a difference.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

I wasn't talking about Trump, he's old news, he's gone, the FORMER president. I'm talking about the common American and trying to suggest Americans can start working together as they do in crisis when they risk their own lives to help others. Trump's crimes are well known, but like I said, I'm moving on. He's gonzo. It's Joe time and I'd prefer unity in the USA as there was under Obama. at least I perceived us being relatively united under BO.

Another 100,000 people are probably going to die before Joe is charge

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

What if I say I disagree with this assertion? You say it with such force like it's 100 percent the truth, no room for discussion. Not debatable? Are you saying half the country (close to half) that wants Donald to win exudes hatred 24/7? And are hateful people?

Don't you see how divisive saying such things with 100 percent certainty can be? What if I picked something about Kamala or AOC or Joe and said something negative with the same forcefulness? I'm pretty sure my forceful "opinion" (your comment is an opinion not fact) would put me in the penalty box for a long long time.

Please provide examples of well sourced hate from Kamala, AOC and Biden (not from cable news but other sources). Please also explain how the president’s most ardent supporters would work to get moderate policies enacted and what those might be.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

3 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Are your friends filthy loaded, or is this a commercial boat that is part of a business? I don't know much about boats, but it must be big if you can take it down to Puerto Rico.

Sorry Yearnin, I edited that post. It wasn't the Puerto Rico one it was Louisiana and Texas a couple hurricanes ago or several hurricanes ago. Actually they are veterans who saw the need and towed their boat to trouble spots and rescued people on their roofs, etc. they got some donations to buy some blankets, etc., while they were down there to bring to shelters. It was my example of people helping people outside of the realm of politics but it caused a firestorm.

33 minutes ago, greg775 said:

It backs up what I said about people pulling together in crisis, which you weirdly freaked out on me, not understanding my point. My point is people in America band together and help in times of crisis yet hit each other with bats over politics.

Check your first sentence. Nice language again. Why the venom. Can't we just discuss things? I offered to depart this thread if people don't want my takes on this issue. The offer stands. Nobody has said please leave yet.

Except apparently the biggest crisis the country has had in the last century.  But NBD>

8 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Please provide examples of well sourced hate from Kamala, AOC and Biden (not from cable news but other sources). Please also explain how the president’s most ardent supporters would work to get moderate policies enacted and what those might be.

Here's a start. I'll look for more. AOC on punishing Trump voters. ... https://nypost.com/2020/11/11/aoc-co-s-loathsome-plan-to-keep-lists-of-pro-trumpies/

https://nypost.com/2020/11/06/aoc-facing-heat-for-wanting-to-archive-posts-by-trump-sycophants/

https://www.opindia.com/2020/11/joe-biden-democrats-donald-trump-accountability-project/

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Badger I really didn;'t want to link to five stories but I found three in about 20 seconds if you want me to. It's a simple google to find the stories.

Greg,

Anyone can put stories on the internet. Changing residency isnt as easy as it sounds. Most people arent willing to move to another state for voting purposes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You probably should have read the story you linked. Nobody is actually doing this because according to the article in your link:

But because the January runoffs are a continuation of an ongoing election, experts suggest it would be voter fraud, and a felony, to move to Georgia with the intention of staying only to vote in the runoff elections. 

2 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

This thread or the entire site?

I'll stop posting for a while if you want. I still see value in exploring all opinions and mine are not shared by many I guess.

Edited by greg775

I remember a story from my childhood. A local businessman who owned a small convenience store ran for some office. He was stupid enough to vote for himself twice by going to a precinct outside of his home. One day, as he stood behind the counter, two nice police officers came in and arrested him. He didn't do any serious time, but his reputation took a beating. So, throwing away ballots, or committing similar actions carry a risk. It is a risk I wouldn't be willing to take.

Finally, Donald Trump has been president for four years. Why didn't he put forward at least some suggestions on cleaning up what he thinks is a corrupt system? Because it is easier to moan and complain than it is to actually do something. Case in point: Coming up with an alternative to Obamacare. Never happened. Never will happen.

Biden has won. Time for Trump to get indicted and go to prison for a variety of crimes. Time for his hardcore supporters to realize they have been duped. It's not the system, it's Trump.

• Like 2

I was arguing with someone in this thread the other day who opposed the Electoral College because it was easily manipulated. He claimed that Silicon Valley could relocate to the Dakotas and Wyoming and turn those EC votes blue. I pointed out that it would take a lot of companies moving their entire worldwide operations into those states, all of their workers being reliable Democrats and accepting a move from Santa Monica to Laramie in the first place, and I got told that I was playing checkers instead of chess.

I’m sure somebody on Twitter is raving about this great idea where an ideologically monolithic equivalent of a small city pack up their entire lives in a matter of weeks to secure a desired political result, but beyond the likely illegality of it as a tactic, most people don’t operate that way.

Yeah I enjoy my gun rights but if my state came up with slightly more restrictive laws on that topic, I’d cast my vote against those legislators and be done with it. I wouldn’t quit my job, make my wife quit hers, pull my kids out of school and move to another state I’ve never been to.

Oh, and one more thing, as ridiculous as that would be, it would actually work. If I though California’s gun laws were arduous, moving to Texas would be an immediate improvement, at least in that one small part of life. Enough people are never going to move to sway an election; you’d screw up your life AND fail to obtain your goal.

3 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Biden has won. Time for Trump to get indicted and go to prison for a variety of crimes. Time for his hardcore supporters to realize they have been duped. It's not the system, it's Trump.

I wouldn't mind (I kinda think we should just move on), but I think you're going to be disappointed.

How about using the 25th. It's time.

kUuht00m_normal.jpg

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
“REPORT: DOMINION DELETED 2.7 MILLION TRUMP VOTES NATIONWIDE. DATA ANALYSIS FINDS 221,000 PENNSYLVANIA VOTES SWITCHED FROM PRESIDENT TRUMP TO BIDEN. 941,000 TRUMP VOTES DELETED. STATES USING DOMINION VOTING SYSTEMS SWITCHED 435,000 VOTES FROM TRUMP TO BIDEN.” @ChanelRion @OANN
  • Fire 1

22 minutes ago, Danny Dravot said:

I was arguing with someone in this thread the other day who opposed the Electoral College because it was easily manipulated. He claimed that Silicon Valley could relocate to the Dakotas and Wyoming and turn those EC votes blue. I pointed out that it would take a lot of companies moving their entire worldwide operations into those states, all of their workers being reliable Democrats and accepting a move from Santa Monica to Laramie in the first place, and I got told that I was playing checkers instead of chess.

I’m sure somebody on Twitter is raving about this great idea where an ideologically monolithic equivalent of a small city pack up their entire lives in a matter of weeks to secure a desired political result, but beyond the likely illegality of it as a tactic, most people don’t operate that way.

Yeah I enjoy my gun rights but if my state came up with slightly more restrictive laws on that topic, I’d cast my vote against those legislators and be done with it. I wouldn’t quit my job, make my wife quit hers, pull my kids out of school and move to another state I’ve never been to.

Oh, and one more thing, as ridiculous as that would be, it would actually work. If I though California’s gun laws were arduous, moving to Texas would be an immediate improvement, at least in that one small part of life. Enough people are never going to move to sway an election; you’d screw up your life AND fail to obtain your goal.

If you're going make stuff up about our discussion, at least tell the whole the story.  The level of disingenuity is beyond absurd. 

23 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

kUuht00m_normal.jpg

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
“REPORT: DOMINION DELETED 2.7 MILLION TRUMP VOTES NATIONWIDE. DATA ANALYSIS FINDS 221,000 PENNSYLVANIA VOTES SWITCHED FROM PRESIDENT TRUMP TO BIDEN. 941,000 TRUMP VOTES DELETED. STATES USING DOMINION VOTING SYSTEMS SWITCHED 435,000 VOTES FROM TRUMP TO BIDEN.” @ChanelRion @OANN

I think I know someone who is gonna link this story back here in a few weeks 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

kUuht00m_normal.jpg

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·

The problem is republicans wouldn't go along with it.  You would think they would as the future of their party kind of depends on it.

57 minutes ago, greg775 said:

What do I need to know about Biden and Harris? AOC isn’t my favorite but I don’t believe she is representative of the Democratic Party. Also:

Please also explain how the president’s most ardent supporters would work to get moderate policies enacted and what those might be.