2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

1 minute ago, Danny Dravot said:

Calling the police is just one element, though. I'm not anti-gun and I'm certainly not anti-self/home defense. I have a concealed carry permit in a red state and I almost always keep a locked and loaded .45 in my glove box. Stupid home defense is not something I support. Coming out on your patio and aiming rifles at people in the street is just stupid. It's not legal and it's not tactically wise.

A key part of self defense is not provoking the other person. I can't be raging all over the highway and then shoot someone who seems to threaten me. You can't push a guy in a bar fight and shoot him when he punches you. You can't stand outside and point guns at people you don't like. Those people broke a gate and were trespassing. So...call. The. Cops. They weren't threatening the McCloskeys until the McCloskeys tacitly encouraged them to do so. If the McCloskeys stayed in their house and plugged the guy who was stupid enough to break through their front door, and then plugged anyone who tried to come to that guy's defense, I'd support them 150 fucking percent. But they didn't do that- they came outside and started a confrontation.

Also, if, say, one of the McCloskeys was standing out front and the protesters came up and were threatening them, actually threatening them, and refused requests to leave, some level of self defense would perhaps be justified. I'm not asking anyone to cower inside their homes but you CANNOT start the armed confrontation.

Fair enough. I endorse your post. I like your attitude. You've got the gun IN YOUR CAR ready if needed. If somebody tries to carjack your car or bust a window to stab you you are ready. I appreciate you taking the time to write long posts in response to my posts.

Thank you.

Illini beat Nebraska today ... nice.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

It's amazing it's easier to get arrested for holding a Thanksgiving party of 20 people than it is to bust windows in major stores and grab a few items for the TV room. Unfrickingbelievable. 

Name one single person that has been arrested for throwing a party of 20 people or more. Just one.

Otherwise, please stop posting stupid hyperbole everywhere.  

Edited by Iwritecode
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Danny Dravot said:

Greg’s problem is that he latches on to small things and makes them big things. Do I like Antifa? No way. I see some unemployed douchebag LARPing as a communist revolutionary in the evenings and I wish there was a way to instantly lobotomize them (same goes for Proud Boys). But I will literally never meet a Proud Boy or Antifa member. This is a country of 325,000,000. If there were even 1,000 assholes terrorizing downtown Portland, it would not constitute “a lot”.

Most people are very fucking normal, have reasonable beliefs with zero desire to hit you if you disagree, and they just want to go about their lives. That’s it.

I think in general, people believe things that cause them fear to be worse than they actually are. I do not like any far left or far right organizations and do not think movement is that widespread. You’re right, we will never meet any of these people. And when the protests happened and the looting happened, there were definitely opportunists that participated. But I don’t live my life in fear over it. 

i enjoyed your post and hope it is true. Remember that couple in St. Looie that brought out the guns to meet Antifa? Didn't work out well for them thru the legal system with punks all over their property yelling nasty things. Lot of people have been physically bruised by Antifa Not this St Looie couple, nothing happened to them but it was daylight, too.

Was the couple in St. Louis actually meeting antifa outside or just protestors?

Yeah it's a big concern. I have a relative who lives downtown Chicago and he's got one guard in his highrise lobby. He's afraid the mobs are gonna hit the elevators one night and come busting through doors (remember his area was hit by window breakers and looters twice already in the last 4 months). They've hit the KC suburbs on two occasions. Of course I'm worried about the looters and head bashers who always attack 3 on 1 or 4 on 1. Cowards.

I lived in two high rises in Chicago. While there may be one security guard at the desks, good luck trying to get beyond them with the security systems in place. The looting is unlikely to resurface in Chicago like we saw this summer, that was more concentrated on the Michigan Avenue storefronts rather than residences. I live in the Chicagoland suburbs and have for most of my life. There is no way that kind of crap is coming to the suburbs like the president said it was going to. Either way Greg, it’s kind of silly to watch all of this stuff and live in fear. It’s unlikely that what you see will be replicated in your area to the extent of what you see in Portland. I’d have to see what their beef truly is to see if their threat is growing.

39 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Was the couple in St. Louis actually meeting antifa outside or just protestors?

They were BLM protestors who kicked open a gate and entered a private neighborhood. I've already said my piece on the McCloskeys, but these protestors were also out of line. We've got plenty of public places to protest in this country; if you break stuff and show up at people's houses, you're an asshole.

1 hour ago, Iwritecode said:

Name one single person that has been arrested for throwing a party of 20 people or more. Just one.

Otherwise, please stop posting stupid hyperbole everywhere.  

It's coming this week from what I've read, definitely in California for starters. You haven't read this?? Gavin Newsome??

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

I live in the Chicagoland suburbs and have for most of my life. There is no way that kind of crap is coming to the suburbs like the president said it was going to. 

I thought downtown Naperville got hit one night as did Oak Brook. If i'm wrong my bad. I rememeber hearing about a community cleanup in Naperville.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, lostfan said:

"With prejudice" loosely translated means "if you don't get the fuck out of my courtroom, and do not bring this nonsense in front of a federal judge again"

4d chess man. They lost so bad on purpose because they want to get to the SC faster.

That's how all the good lawyers do it.

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

It's coming this week from what I've read, definitely in California for starters. You haven't read this?? Gavin Newsome??

Antifa International Headquarters Incorporated is allegedly paying out $1,000,000 checks (signed by George Soros, of course) for it to happen this week in California!

21 hours ago, The Beast said:

I also feel for the secret service agents who were put at risk when he held his rallies or had to drive him around during his hospital stay.

I also feel for them. It is their job to protect him, but he should have taken some precautions about them getting infected. It is one thing to take a bullet for a guy, it's quite another to suffer with this virus.

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Trumps legal team needs to be sanctioned for their frivolous suits. Their law licenses should be on the line.

Yes, this should happen. There is no evidence whatsoever of election fraud, and the transition needs to progress. These suits do nothing but fan paranoia. There is always a possibility of a close election being stolen. This was not a close election. There is too much at stake for wasting time with grievances that are not grievances. We are in the middle of a debilitating crisis, and this legal team is doing harm to their country. It is time for the head of the GSA to ascertain this election, and it is time recognize what happened in this election. Then some legislation needs to be passed so this nonsense never happens again. The country is so much bigger than Donald Trump.

3 hours ago, NWINFan said:

Yes, this should happen. There is no evidence whatsoever of election fraud, and the transition needs to progress. These suits do nothing but fan paranoia. There is always a possibility of a close election being stolen. This was not a close election. There is too much at stake for wasting time with grievances that are not grievances. We are in the middle of a debilitating crisis, and this legal team is doing harm to their country. It is time for the head of the GSA to ascertain this election, and it is time recognize what happened in this election. Then some legislation needs to be passed so this nonsense never happens again. The country is so much bigger than Donald Trump.

I mean, the press is willing to go along with it so...

5 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I mean, the press is willing to go along with it so...

I watch Meet the Press religiously, I think Chuck might have been referring to more lawsuits and certified states. He can’t control what his guests say and he always has lawmakers from both parties on. And he did push back throughout the interview, listeners should know how ridiculous Cramer sounded. I sat there shaking my head at Cramer.

43 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I watch Meet the Press religiously, I think Chuck might have been referring to more lawsuits and certified states. He can’t control what his guests say and he always has lawmakers from both parties on. And he did push back throughout the interview, listeners should know how ridiculous Cramer sounded. I sat there shaking my head at Cramer.

So "the election has been stolen because _____ no evidence but black people in cities" is officially the position of one party, and that's an important perspective to give time on air to?

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So "the election has been stolen because _____ no evidence but black people in cities" is officially the position of one party, and that's an important perspective to give time on air to?

Sure, let the source who said it look like an idiot and give Cedric Richmond a chance to respond, which he did. You should also note that other senators have declined to come on and comment, something Chuck did say earlier in the segment.