2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

Portland police chief on Friday night looting/rioting/window smashing. Check the Portland police twitter and you'll see what's still going on.

"Last night two groups caused brazen and senseless destruction in our city. The 1st vandalized the Mexican Consulate downtown, as well as the new county courthouse. The 2nd caused a swath of destruction along NE Sandy Blvd. (continued)"
This included local restaurants and a food cart, a labor and staffing company, paint store, antique store, and theater. These vandals terrorized workers that were inside as the mob shattered large windows, and hurt businesses that are already struggling right now. (continued)

r9OWlWjv_reasonably_small.jpg

This is not protest. This is not speech. This is criminal activity. We are investigating and encourage anyone with information about who is responsible to e-mail crimetips@portlandoregon.gov."
Greg says: Antifa must be stopped and NOW!

Edited by greg775

9 minutes ago, chw42 said:

This is Greg's nightmare

If they pass all the things I mentioned before, God help us. They've got the majority in House and Senate and will be able to reshape America any way they want since they've got both houses. I just pray everything works out. I disagree with a lot of their positions.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

And this is why prosecutors shouldnt go on twitter and comment about civil cases.

Cases are dismissed with prejudice all the time. The only thing that may have been of note was how quickly it was done. Usually a Plaintiff will be given a few opportunities to get their pleadings in order.

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

They are saying a key Michigan canvas board member is not going to vote to certify, can someone explain to me what this means

Nobody knows what the other GOP appointee, who is the former MI House GOP counsel I think, is going to do. If he deadlocks, the MI SoS will file a lawsuit immediately to compel them to certify or face contempt of court charges. If he votes to certify, it's over 3-1.

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

They are saying a key Michigan canvas board member is not going to vote to certify, can someone explain to me what this means

If its just 1 of them, nothing as it would be a 3-1 vote. If the 2 GOP dont certify then it goes to deadlock. Im not 100% sure the next steps but likely involves the Secretary of State certifying. The real problem for Trump is even if you get rid of Michigan, it doesnt give Trump more EC votes. 

But really what it proves is that Republicans just dont care at all about elections. Weve spent 3 weeks on a landslide election instead of  helping people get through a terrible pandemic. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

If its just 1 of them, nothing as it would be a 3-1 vote. If the 2 GOP dont certify then it goes to deadlock. Im not 100% sure the next steps but likely involves the Secretary of State certifying. The real problem for Trump is even if you get rid of Michigan, it doesnt give Trump more EC votes. 

But really what it proves is that Republicans just dont care at all about elections. Weve spent 3 weeks on a landslide election instead of  helping people get through a terrible pandemic. 

So many times when Republicans do things like jam through a Supreme Court appointee, they say "elections have consequences." This election has consequences, too. Biden has won, he is now forming his government, and it is now time to move on. The Michigan stuff is absurd. Biden won by over 150,000. At this point, I don't care if Trump ever concedes. Let's just get on with transition.

And, yes, it is time to deal with the Pandemic. The GOP is in denial about the pandemic as they are about the election. Time to cope with reality. People are dying and more is on the way.

President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. plans to name several top national security picks on Tuesday, his transition office said, including the first Latino to lead the Department of Homeland Security, the first woman to head the intelligence community and a former secretary of state, John Kerry, to be his climate czar.
Mr. Biden will also nominate Linda Thomas-Greenfield to be ambassador to the United Nations and restore the job to cabinet-level status, giving Ms. Thomas-Greenfield, an African-American woman, a seat on his National Security Council.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/23/us/politics/biden-nominees.html

More Obama administration vets.

On 11/21/2020 at 8:32 PM, Iwritecode said:

No it's definitely not.

You guys act like I make this stuff up. I watched a sheriff in Jersey and a sheriff in New York both easy google searches discuss NOT OBEYING the governor's orders to bust up parties of 10 or more. You guys act like I make this stuff up. yes the governors want these people prosecuted; no the sheriffs will not waste their time with this bleep. But it does exist.

9 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Greg this isn't your personal antifa update thread.  It has nothing to do with the election, go find a 8 Chan thread to talk about that bullshit

You guys act like I am not RESPONDING to others. You act like I make stuff up and START these topice. Whatever. I know my place here. On a daily basis it's 50-50 whether I survive another day or am put on vacation. That's what happens to people who generally disagree with the majority.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

You guys act like I am not RESPONDING to others. You act like I make stuff up and START these topice. Whatever. I know my place here. On a daily basis it's 50-50 whether I survive another day or am put on vacation. That's what happens to people who generally disagree with the majority.

No, you bring it up all the fucking time until someone indulges your attention seeking and asks you where you are reading all this shit.  Don't try and play the victim 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

25 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

No, you bring it up all the fucking time until someone indulges your attention seeking and asks you where you are reading all this shit.  Don't try and play the victim 

Yes, because of all of the discussion about the imaginary Portland riots still going on, poor greg was obligated to respond to them, and totally not wedge it into the other conversation.

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

There are four election board members voting whether to certify the election as final and approved, so there could be a deadlock to certify the state's votes. In which case the Secretary of State could file with the appellate court to compel certification in the absence of documented fraud. The Repubs are trying to gum up the works and throw it to the legislature if the deadline to certify is missed.  This is all highly irregular.