2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

would you care to place a wager there was destruction in portland as most recently as last weekend? The "imaginary" riots could win me some cold hard cash. Also are you saying there were not riots more than 100 consecutive nights?

All I can say, Greg, it is amazing how many people think Trump won this election, but think the virus is a hoax. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, NWINFan said:

All I can say, Greg, it is amazing how many people think Trump won this election, but think the virus is a hoax. 

The virus is not a hoax but has been handled poorly in the USA not only by Trump but mayors and governors. I can give a specific example in Ks but I doubt it's allowed in this thread. It's healthy to examine our election process and make sure there's no cheating. That's all we have as a country, the integrity of elections. Don't know why Biden people are sweating. It's been obvious for a long time he was going to win and was the winner. I'd be all for reviewing all presidential elections in the future.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

The virus is not a hoax but has been handled poorly in the USA not only by Trump but mayors and governors. I can give a specific example in Ks but I doubt it's allowed in this thread. It's healthy to examine our election process and make sure there's no cheating. That's all we have as a country, the integrity of elections. Don't know why Biden people are sweating. It's been obvious for a long time he was going to win and was the winner. I'd be all for reviewing all presidential elections in the future.

It's funny, no one gave a shit about counting all votes when the GOP was purging voter rolls or shutting down voting centers in minority neighborhoods, or when they tried to throw out votes in multiple black and minority districts around the US...  It's almost as if there is a theme there.

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

There's nothing wrong with examining our election process when it is warranted. There was no evidence of cheating, only Trump refusing to face facts. In the end, the only thing that was accomplished was that the transition was delayed because of frivolous law suits and baseless accusations. From the start, Trump said the election was rigged when there was no evidence. He was the one attacking the integrity of elections and tried to use bullying tactics to swing things his way. As for reviewing future presidential elections, I wouldn't let a tin horn dictator like Trump near the process. And can Rudy go away please? Too bad that Lindsay Graham can't go away, too. This was a sham.

9 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

There's nothing wrong with examining our election process when it is warranted. There was no evidence of cheating, only Trump refusing to face facts. In the end, the only thing that was accomplished was that the transition was delayed because of frivolous law suits and baseless accusations. From the start, Trump said the election was rigged when there was no evidence. He was the one attacking the integrity of elections and tried to use bullying tactics to swing things his way. As for reviewing future presidential elections, I wouldn't let a tin horn dictator like Trump near the process. And can Rudy go away please? Too bad that Lindsay Graham can't go away, too. This was a sham.

I disagree.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's funny, no one gave a shit about counting all votes when the GOP was purging voter rolls or shutting down voting centers in minority neighborhoods, or when they tried to throw out votes in multiple black and minority districts around the US...  It's almost as if there is a theme there.

If anything, 2020 should show the GOP that they don't need to fear high-turnout elections. But it'll take awhile to shift a deeply embedded mindset like that. Probably for Dems, too, who assume that higher turnout means they win.

4 hours ago, NWINFan said:

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It will get as nasty as it needs to be for white power. GA is giving students a hard time about registering which is not a new issue.

51 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

It's a free country, Greg. It is your right to disagree and have your own set of beliefs. I just rather not have Trump oversee our elections especially when he is on the ballot.

When Trump lost to Ted Cruz in the Iowa caucuses,  that was rigged too. Cruz cheated. Trump wanted a do over. It is amazing how many keep on falling for his same act.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

You can be in favour of making sure the election process is healthy and there is no cheating. That's fine.

But you must realize that's not what Trump was doing. At best he was trying to feel better about himself by delegitimizing the entire process and maybe making some money out of it with no real belief he could override the result. At worst he was trying to override the will of the people and actually hold onto office despite not winning the election throwing the country into constitutional chaos.

He wasn't tweeting before the election: I have some concerns about mail-in voting and these are some ways we can address it. It was: Mail-in ballots mean massive fraud. I can only lose the election if it is rigged.

He is not tweeting now: I am just using the legal means at my disposal to make sure the election was fair. He is tweeting: The election was a hoax, I won.

Whether his maneuvers are about feeling better about himself, or actually trying to overthrow the result, he has created an existential risk to America's democracy.

Now, because even fewer people have faith in elections, it will be even easier for someone next time from any ideological tilt to reject the democratic process and get away with it.

I realize the consequences of his actions are so dire that they are hard to admit. Especially people who may have supported him in the past. But it is what it is.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

I give a bleep. I won't use the profane word. I want my elections clean and accurate. This is the USA. I'd die for my country. Elections are what separate us .They better remain fair.

What, shit?

image.gif

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

I disagree.

With what, specifically?

Edited by The Beast
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KipWellsFan said:

You can be in favour of making sure the election process is healthy and there is no cheating. That's fine.

But you must realize that's not what Trump was doing. At best he was trying to feel better about himself by delegitimizing the entire process and maybe making some money out of it with no real belief he could override the result. At worst he was trying to override the will of the people and actually hold onto office despite not winning the election throwing the country into constitutional chaos.

He wasn't tweeting before the election: I have some concerns about mail-in voting and these are some ways we can address it. It was: Mail-in ballots mean massive fraud. I can only lose the election if it is rigged.

He is not tweeting now: I am just using the legal means at my disposal to make sure the election was fair. He is tweeting: The election was a hoax, I won.

Whether his maneuvers are about feeling better about himself, or actually trying to overthrow the result, he has created an existential risk to America's democracy.

Now, because even fewer people have faith in elections, it will be even easier for someone next time from any ideological tilt to reject the democratic process and get away with it.

I realize the consequences of his actions are so dire that they are hard to admit. Especially people who may have supported him in the past. But it is what it is.

Thanks for your first sentence. That's what I want to do.

I'm on the record here with my feelings about Trump BTW: Bad guy, bad personality, egomaniac; evidence suggests he has bad morals; he may even deserve jail time over his taxes; I'm all for him getting that looked at.

I also am on the record here as loving some of his policies and things he's done. .... Regarding there's two sides to every story. I was reading today that Ted Cruz said Joe is telling Democrats in the Senate to hold off on voting for a relief bill that would send us all 1200 more bucks cause he thinks stalemating will help Democrats win Georgia and a Senate majority (which they will). If that's true, folks, that's pretty despicable of Joe. Now those of you who love Kamala/Biden will say "hogwash, greg is full of it, did he hear that on Fox news?). But there are two sides to every story and that was out there today from Cruz.

Just because Trump is a bad guy doesn't mean we can't examine possible voter fraud. What's the negative to checking the votes and possible voter fraud? Joe is still picking his cabinet; all systems are go for Joe to take over in January. It's important IMO to make sure it's a clean election. Republicans BTW have taken this result rather well. There are no riots over the election. Do you folks really believe there would be no riots (except in some of the hotbeds like Portland) had Trump won?? I mean cmon. My opinion is there would have been utter chaos in the streets had DT won. if any of you want access to a scary link DM me.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

What, shit?

With what, specifically?

I can't tell you. Look I'm not allowed to go off on this board. I could get put on vacation at any time. I am aware of this. It's just the way it is. I'm a big White Sox fan and yes interested in politics so I try to stay eligible to post.

Edited by greg775

16 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I can't tell you. Look I'm not allowed to go off on this board. I could get put on vacation at any time. I am aware of this. It's just the way it is.

What of NWINFan’s post did you disagree with though?

17 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I'm on the record here with my feelings about Trump BTW: Bad guy, bad personality, egomaniac; evidence suggests he has bad morals; he may even deserve jail time over his taxes; I'm all for him getting that looked at.

I also am on the record here as loving some of his policies and things he's done. .... Regarding there's two sides to every story. I was reading today that Ted Cruz said Joe is telling Democrats in the Senate to hold off on voting for a relief bill that would send us all 1200 more bucks cause he thinks stalemating will help Democrats win Georgia and a Senate majority (which they will). If that's true, folks, that's pretty despicable of Joe. Now those of you who love Kamala/Biden will say "hogwash, greg is full of it, did he hear that on Fox news?). But there are two sides to every story and that was out there today from Cruz.

Just because Trump is a bad guy doesn't mean we can't examine possible voter fraud. What's the negative to checking the votes and possible voter fraud? Joe is still picking his cabinet; all systems are go for Joe to take over in January. It's important IMO to make sure it's a clean election. Republicans BTW have taken this result rather well. There are no riots over the election. Do you folks really believe there would be no riots (except in some of the hotbeds like Portland) had Trump won?? I mean cmon. My opinion is there would have been utter chaos in the streets had DT won.

Let’s test the Cruz statement. Number one, Biden is not the president yet and they are due for a recess soon so there’s no shot something would get passed before they reconvene. Second, how are you sure they will win the two races in GA? Number three, the last I checked Mitch McConnell was the senate majority leader and directed legislation, not Joe Biden. A good question to consider is, what will senate Republicans consider a fair counter to the $2.2 trillion bill in the house.

Edited by The Beast
  • Thanks 2

I give a bleep. I won't use the profane word. I want my elections clean and accurate. This is the USA. I'd die for my country. Elections are what separate us .They better remain fair.

Ok, as a veteran, I'm honestly curious:

Did you serve your country, or are you just posting stoopid platitudes?

See, i know you "think" you're a patriot, but saying/posting stoopid shit like the bolded is fucking offensive to those who have served, if you're a freedom freeloader. 

Here's a recco for you, (once you've gotten to my previous reccos to stop watching/reading/listening to stupid political shit, read a book, get exercise, and meet people different from you):

If you haven't served, shut your stoopid fucking hole about the bolded part in your stoopid fuckng post. Sound good?

• Fire 4

1 hour ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Ok, as a veteran, I'm honestly curious:

Did you serve your country, or are you just posting stoopid platitudes?

See, i know you "think" you're a patriot, but saying/posting stoopid shit like the bolded is fucking offensive to those who have served, if you're a freedom freeloader. 

Here's a recco for you, (once you've gotten to my previous reccos to stop watching/reading/listening to stupid political shit, read a book, get exercise, and meet people different from you):

If you haven't served, shut your stoopid fucking hole about the bolded part in your stoopid fuckng post. Sound good?

Didn't mean to offend. I'm from a huge military family. Dad, uncle, brother, 2 cousins. I'll go back and kill my post since it offended. I respect u as a veteran. Thank u very much for your service. I should have posted that I love God, my family, my country.

Edited by greg775

Just because Trump is a bad guy doesn't mean we can't examine possible voter fraud. What's the negative to checking the votes and possible voter fraud? Joe is still picking his cabinet; all systems are go for Joe to take over in January. It's important IMO to make sure it's a clean election. Republicans BTW have taken this result rather well. There are no riots over the election. Do you folks really believe there would be no riots (except in some of the hotbeds like Portland) had Trump won?? I mean cmon. My opinion is there would have been utter chaos in the streets had DT won. if any of you want access to a scary link DM me.

Examine voter fraud if there is evidence, but there is no evidence.Look what they say when they go to court and their law licenses are on the line. Rudy specifically told the PA judge this is not a fraud case.  They actually wanted to throw ballots out because one of the ballot counters had their name tag fall off. This was directed at suppressing the black vote. It was racist.This will now make every election moving forward a farce, all because of one mans ego, and bank account. If you think it is fine why don’t you donate to Trumps defense fund? Of course if you read the fine print, unless you donate more than $8000, none of the money will go towards his defending an election being stolen, it will go basically into his pocket. He is still conning you. He is still on the grift. He was using his usual projection accusing others of stealing as he was trying to steal. 

Also, why is it assumed that every fraudulent vote ever cast is for the democrat? Most of the time, in the small amount of cases of voter fraud there actually is, it is the exact opposite.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

Didn't mean to offend. I'm from a huge military family. Dad, uncle, brother, 2 cousins. I'll go back and kill my post since it offended. I respect u as a veteran. Thank u very much for your service. I should have posted that I love God, my family, my country.

I’m constantly amazed at how genial you are while constantly getting shit on. So props to you for that.

I’m a war veteran and I don’t find your comment offensive, really. There are lots of ways to serve this country. Douglas MacArthur, Sal Giunta, Rosa Parks, Victoria Soto, John Lewis, John McCain, etc...all served America in unique ways and many gave their lives for it, so I wouldn’t deny them such sentiment. Find the way for YOU to best serve her and run with it.

I actually agree with your sentiment on Trump, although perhaps more adamantly so. Hate the person, like some of the policies/actions. Often, I even dislike the motivation for said actions, though.

For instance, effective border control is good and necessary, but it needs to be humane. Losing 500 parents while retaining their children is unacceptable. Lobbing tear gas at crowds charging a port of entry is an unfortunately necessary tactic to disperse those crowds and restore order. But witnesses like Miles Taylor report that Trump actively likes the harm it does to people in those crowds. That’s just cruelty for cruelty’s sake. We can achieve the goal without debasing ourselves.

2 hours ago, Danny Dravot said:

I’m constantly amazed at how genial you are while constantly getting shit on. So props to you for that.

I’m a war veteran and I don’t find your comment offensive, really. There are lots of ways to serve this country. Douglas MacArthur, Sal Giunta, Rosa Parks, Victoria Soto, John Lewis, John McCain, etc...all served America in unique ways and many gave their lives for it, so I wouldn’t deny them such sentiment. Find the way for YOU to best serve her and run with it.

I actually agree with your sentiment on Trump, although perhaps more adamantly so. Hate the person, like some of the policies/actions. Often, I even dislike the motivation for said actions, though.

For instance, effective border control is good and necessary, but it needs to be humane. Losing 500 parents while retaining their children is unacceptable. 

Dude, his act is lame. I agree with you that there are many ways to serve. But, greg specifically said he'd die for this country, when he had a hard time putting on a mask and staying home. (His haircuts!)

You and I both know people who actually have given their lives, or limbs, or their sanity for this country. And it is THAT specific sacrifice that is debased by a freedom freeloader who tosses a statement out like his. YMMV.

Insofar as border/immigration control, Im the son of a parent who was at one time undocumented. Yet my father got his documentation, raised a family, and gave us more opportunity than most. He also provided 3 of his sons to serve this country, which is far more than most native-born Americans. (How many Trumps or Limbaughs or Carlsons served?) I just don't know that xenophobia posed as "border control" is as cut and dried as it is proposed by Trump.

I'm hoping that we have a 50/50 split senate after the Georgia elections. That way, rather than pure McConnell obstruction, we can have sensible debate led by Centrists. And thus, we can come up with sensible solutions to many of the issues we face as a country.

With a 50/50 split, moderates will have the bully pulpit, NOT "edge lords" on the far right or far left.

• Fire 1