2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Trump thinks Pence is like the Supreme Court tomorrow when the reality is he is like a celebrity opening the envelop at the Oscars.

I like how Pence had to finally explain that to him during their meeting today. 

3 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

image.png

LOL wow.  Mail in ballots aren't counted until after or did they start early?

They processed them early this time. They started counting them today. Almost all the votes from Atlanta metro is mail-in ballots so far. I'm interested to see how Warnock/Ossoff do in those counties compared to Biden. Because Ossoff ran quite a bit behind Biden in the general. 

2 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

image.png

LOL wow.  Mail in ballots aren't counted until after or did they start early?

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-johnny-isakson-georgia-general-elections-elections-eea3b662d4470c6f02ffd500d8aaaff8

Apparently they can conduct signature verifications beforehand on any received before today, but cannot begin counting them officially until polls close.

No ballots, including absentee ballots received in advance of Election Day, can be counted until the polls close. But a state election board rule requires county election officials to begin processing absentee ballots — verifying signatures on the outer envelope, opening the envelopes and scanning the ballots — before Election Day. That should speed things up on election night. Still, some absentee ballots received by mail or in drop boxes up until 7 p.m. on Election Day will still need to be processed

Just now, The Beast said:

It’s hard to tell if the Democrats have the votes to make up ground and where the republicans still have margins. It depends on turnout...I’m still seeing lots of votes still around Atlanta and in Chatham county.

Lots of votes left in the Atlanta suburbs. The question I have is, how blue is the day-of and the remaining early vote? 

17 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Lots of votes left in the Atlanta suburbs. The question I have is, how blue is the day-of and the remaining early vote? 

John King and the CNN reporter, Nick Valencia, at the scene in DeKalb County said that the early votes have yet to be counted but there is 63% of the vote remaining. Chatham County and DeKalb County are their only hope.

Edited by The Beast

7 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Thank you Donald Trump for grifting off tens of millions in donations for these races and also for pushing the $2k checks that Dems were able to absolutely hammer the GOP with over the final push in these races.

The fat lady isn’t singing yet.

15 minutes ago, The Beast said:

The fat lady isn’t singing yet.

It's all but over now

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/05/us/elections/forecast-georgia-senate-runoff.html#needle-regular

But either way, even if they pull ahead of ossoff, it wouldn't have been this close without Trump's help.

e: Georgia voting systems chief:

Edited by StrangeSox

4 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

It's all but over now

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/05/us/elections/forecast-georgia-senate-runoff.html#needle-regular

But either way, even if they pull ahead of ossoff, it wouldn't have been this close without Trump's help.

e: Georgia voting systems chief:

And they had half of their day of votes to go.

I don’t know who to to trust anymore.

“Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.”