2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

9 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Hey guys there's a violent fascist coup attempt going on at the Capitol right now

Madison building also being evacuated. Meanwhile, members of the GOP are objecting with nonsense in Congress in order to attempt to steal the election.

This from McConnell:

"This election, actually, was not unusually close," McConnell says. "The Electoral College margin is almost identical to what it was in 2016... If this election were overturned by mere allegations from the losing side, our democracy would enter a death spiral."

I may not like his politics, I may disagree with what he stands for, but he played the game by the rules that were created. History will be unkind to his positions, but he was a formidable opponent. 

• Like 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I assume they were all shot by law enforcement for not listening to their orders?

Uh if they breech much deeper, it's federal police authorized with lethal force and tasked to defend the US Capitol Building at all costs. With, like, big-boy hardware.

Just now, Soxbadger said:

This from McConnell:

I may not like his politics, I may disagree with what he stands for, but he played the game by the rules that were created. History will be unkind to his positions, but he was a formidable opponent. 

Even Mitch is jumping off of the sinking Trump ship.

Just now, Soxbadger said:

This from McConnell:

Nah, dude is 100 percent evil.  Playing the game by the rules when it's literally killing people is crap.  He can change his tone today because he's basically out of choices but dude is a complete garbage human being.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Don't give him too much credit, after a legitimately good Civics Lesson opening, he started blaming Democrats for it all.

That is just part of the game.

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

Nah, dude is 100 percent evil.  Playing the game by the rules when it's literally killing people is crap.  He can change his tone today because he's basically out of choices but dude is a complete garbage human being.

Someone can be a completely garbage human being and still formidable opponent. McConnell is a heel. 

1 hour ago, Quin said:

The deal with Manchin would be to nix the filibuster, which Manchin has come out against.

With the filibuster intact, there's gonna be no statehood for PR and DC.

I don't think the Republicans will be so obstructionist that it will force the Democrats to nix the filibuster. He's morally bankrupt, but he's really smart and he knows exactly where the line is and will run right up to it.

Also, I don't favor statehood for DC.

Maybe the first thing the new Democratic majority should do is change the law that allows for these stupid objections to the counting of electoral votes.

6 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I don't think the Republicans will be so obstructionist that it will force the Democrats to nix the filibuster. He's morally bankrupt, but he's really smart and he knows exactly where the line is and will run right up to it.

Also, I don't favor statehood for DC.

Maybe the first thing the new Democratic majority should do is change the law that allows for these stupid objections to the counting of electoral votes.

They'll do whatever it takes to hold onto power. Quit being naive. 

3 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Being able to filibuster some things gives them more power than not being able to filibuster anything.

You have to look at it the other way. The GOP controls the senate most of the time and if they get dems to kill the filibuster that allows them to continue their fascist takeover of the government. They believe they will gain power again. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You have to look at it the other way. The GOP controls the senate most of the time and if they get dems to kill the filibuster that allows them to continue their fascist takeover of the government. They believe they will gain power again. 

If they give up the filibuster they allow PR and DC to become states which makes it much harder to ever gain power again, and they know that. They will find the balance of not filibustering enough other things that the Dems don't change the rules over their filibuster on statehood and the SC expansion.