2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Does Trump direct the defense department?

He ultimately directs everything on the executive side of the federal government.

After his loss, he replaced a bunch of DOD people with loyalists.

e: which is why he needs to be removed from office immediately if American democracy is to survive.

Edited by StrangeSox

19 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

They've accomplished at least some of their goal. There will be no certification today. The entire building will need to be thoroughly swept of fascists, and then swept for bombs. And decontaminated.

Trump's Presidency needs to end today.

Yes, it  does need to end. It's about time the damned Republicans do something. This has gotten so out of hand, it's pathetic. Are we supposed to let Trump remain in power after he lost the election, exhausted all his legal remedies, and saw what happened in Georgia? And then let the country be run by lunatics?

Every GOP Congressman needs to withdraw their objections and certify the election result. Then shut down the capitol until this shit cools down. Way to go, GOP. Let this lunatic president completely subvert the democracy, Time to impeach and convict now and put an end to this shit.

5 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

If this were a movie - I'd say this is all part of the strategic to put loyal uniformed military personell into the capital as part of a real takeover.  Hopefully - this does not play out like a real movie.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

If this were a movie - I'd say this is all part of the strategic to put loyal uniformed military personell into the capital as part of a real takeover.  Hopefully - this does not play out like a real movie.  

thankfully, Maryland and VA national guard appear to be mobilized.

I'm not sure how there can be an objection to DC statehood on any grounds other than balance of power posturing.

40 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Just as a note, there's something particularly amazing about the Confederate flag being flown inside the US Capitol building 155 years too late.

I'm too young to remember 9/11 but I truly feel like this day might be remembered as much as it. It has to be the most historically cited day in the country's history since then, right? I mean, I knew this was coming, but watching it all unfold is still just absolutely surreal

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And the President is sitting the the West Wing watching this.  

Doing nothing.

Pence has an opportunity to be a hero out of all of this. He can write a tell all book about all the times that he single handedly saved this country including (unless he caves) how he stuck up in the 25th hour. At least if I were him - that is how I would play this out.  Walk away as the guy who despised the man, but knew with everything going on, he had to quietly toe the line to ensure the greater good.

Whether any of that is true or not - who knows. Personally - I still feel real good about the last republican I voted for (Romney) before I abandoned my party over Trump.

Note: No - I did not vote for McCain. Respect the man - but I didn't think he would have been a president (oh how that bar has been lowered now - cause he clearly would have been an all time great next to our current, but almost done president.  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Pence has an opportunity to be a hero out of all of this. He can write a tell all book about all the times that he single handedly saved this country including (unless he caves) how he stuck up in the 25th hour. At least if I were him - that is how I would play this out.  Walk away as the guy who despised the man, but knew with everything going on, he had to quietly toe the line to ensure the greater good.

Whether any of that is true or not - who knows. 

Pence is in hiding right now.  He isn't doing a damned thing.