2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I'm too young to remember 9/11 but I truly feel like this day might be remembered as much as it. It has to be the most historically cited day in the country's history since then, right? I mean, I knew this was coming, but watching it all unfold is still just absolutely surreal

Of all of the things I thought I could or would see, this is one of the last ones.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Pence is in hiding right now.  He isn't doing a damned thing.

Even if he wasn't in hiding he wouldn't do anything.  Every Republican (other than Romney) gave full throated support to Trump for 4 years and completely debased themselves.  They reap what they sow. 

Edited by whitesoxfan99

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Pence is in hiding right now.  He isn't doing a damned thing.

Didn't he make a quote telling people to stop what is going on at the capital immediately. It isn't much - but it is better than what most on the right have done (most importantly the president who is just inciting all of this knowing it is going to drive more and more money into his pockets).  

1 minute ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Even if he wasn't in hiding he wouldn't do anything.  Every Republican (other than Romney) gave full throated support to Trump for 4 years and completed debased themselves.  They reap what they sow. 

This is very true.  

1 minute ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Even if he wasn't in hiding he wouldn't do anything.  Every Republican (other than Romney) gave full throated support to Trump for 4 years and completely debased themselves.  They reap what they sow. 

That's fair.  Nothing about Pence as a Governor or Vice President showed me that he would be the type of guy with a spine in a tough situation.

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I'm too young to remember 9/11 but I truly feel like this day might be remembered as much as it. It has to be the most historically cited day in the country's history since then, right? I mean, I knew this was coming, but watching it all unfold is still just absolutely surreal

All the more incredible because of 9/11. 

It is shocking partly of how easily this was done, but the imagery beggars belief.

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Ivanka deleted her tweet, but she referred to these terrorists as American Patriots.

I guess they were right when they said Ivanka was "dumb as a brick." This Trump family is sick. Time for the 25th amendment and the arrest of Donald Trump.

This is a profoundly sad day. It will be fruitless, but still sad.

To be honest, if you ran the trump presidency 100 times, I'm not sure this isn't even one of the better timelines. 

It is very dangerous giving someone this job who so clearly does not give a shit about the country beyond its power.

15 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

No, this is nothing like 9/11. The country basically stopped that day. 

15 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Pence has an opportunity to be a hero out of all of this. He can write a tell all book about all the times that he single handedly saved this country including (unless he caves) how he stuck up in the 25th hour. At least if I were him - that is how I would play this out.  Walk away as the guy who despised the man, but knew with everything going on, he had to quietly toe the line to ensure the greater good.

Whether any of that is true or not - who knows. Personally - I still feel real good about the last republican I voted for (Romney) before I abandoned my party over Trump.

Note: No - I did not vote for McCain. Respect the man - but I didn't think he would have been a president (oh how that bar has been lowered now - cause he clearly would have been an all time great next to our current, but almost done president.  

There is no fucking way in hell Pence comes out of this looking like a hero.  None.  He has contributed to everything leading up to today, and if there was a legal way for him to subvert the will of the people today he absolutely would have.