2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm not painting everyone with a broad brush here, but there is a culture around policing that is toxic and needs to be changed. 

There is, but not all police officers are bad and more importantly the anger around today’s attack should be centered around Trump, the Congressmen who enabled him, and the domestic terrorists who actually are the ones who attacked the Capitol.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I was talking about this discussion in particular. 

My twitter and FB timelines are filled with this, and yes, I know plenty of black people and have family members of color, but not necessarily black. 

You are middle of this exact discussion RIGHT NOW. What in the world are you talking about?

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And this exactly why this country is so divided.  You feel compelled to post a picture of one dumb cop in some lame attempt to prove a point that doesn’t exist.  And as a result, you now got Jack convinced that the entire police force are all Trump worshippers who planned today’s attack.

And of course, the problem is me posting the video they shared online...not the police officer taking a photo in the middle of the Capitol with a member of the mob and doing so on video.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Balta1701 said:

And of course, the problem is me posting the video they shared online...not the police officer taking a photo in the middle of the Capitol with a member of the mob.

It’s about what you’re trying to do with the video that’s the problem.  This isn’t about that one cop, it’s about all cops for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

There is, but not all police officers are bad and more importantly the anger around today’s attack should be centered around Trump, the Congressmen who enabled him, and the domestic terrorists who actually are the ones who attacked the Capitol.

If the barbarians come through the gate isn’t the one who opened the gate for them equally responsible?

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You are middle of this exact discussion RIGHT NOW. What in the world are you talking about?

I didn't read the entire thread before posting, please forgive me. 

I was talking about this thread, right now, where people are making excuses for the police not having proper security around the capitol building. 

I do not believe all cops are bad. I do believe there is a toxic culture in policing that allows it to be infiltrated by white supremacist and other fascist sympathizing groups. 

Unfortunately, because of the preponderance of evidence to this, I have to assume complicity because there is no other logical explanation for the lack of security at the capitol today, especially when compared to the BLM protests this summer. 

It's a shame that I have to assume the worst about police until proven otherwise, but they have brought this upon themselves. 

The lack of accountability over the entirety of my lifespan is astounding. 

A policeman's job is to apprehend criminals. It is not judge, jury and executioner. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s about what you’re trying to do with the video that’s the problem.  This isn’t about that one cop, it’s about all cops for you.

Straw man. You’re the one trying to make it about all cops. We’re talking about the cops specifically involved in this incident

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Agreed. 

@Chicago White Sox

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Cops are amongst the most brazen of Trump's enablers. 

They are not here to serve and protect, but rather enforce the racial and class divide. 

Just stop it with your stupid generalization that have no actual basis. All you are doing is stereotyping and pointing blame with no facts. 

Those officers lives were at risk the same as the individuals inside the capital building. We can blame the preperation, we can blame whether they had enough people etc. But your statements Jack are as baseless as Trumps statements. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Just stop it with your stupid generalization that have no actual basis. All you are doing is stereotyping and pointing blame with no facts. 

There's plenty of evidence, if you open your eyes. Quit blindly believing that cops are just. 

There's no way that anyone could have thought that the amount of security near the capitol today was adequate. No way in hell. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

If the barbarians come through the gate isn’t the one who opened the gate for them equally responsible?

Again, you’re citing one video of what appears Cops opening a gate for the Trump mob, while there are other videos with the police battling these maniacs and in certain cases getting their asses beat.  My point is very simply, stop making broad generalizations from single social media posts.  Some cops did nothing, but plenty others fought hard and did so when they were greatly outnumbered and without riot gear.  By all means question why the police manpower was so low, but let’s not rip every officer that was at the scene and accuse them of being “complicit”.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Those officers lives were at risk the same as the individuals inside the capital building. We can blame the preperation, we can blame whether they had enough people etc. But your statements Jack are as baseless as Trumps statements. 

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Again, you’re citing one video of what appears Cops opening a gate for the Trump mob, while there are other videos with the police battling these maniacs and in certain cases getting their asses beat.  My point is very simply, stop making broad generalizations from single social media posts.  Some cops did nothing, but plenty others fought hard and did so when they were greatly outnumbered and without riot gear.  By all means question why the police manpower was so low, but let’s not rip every officer that was at the scene and accuse them of being “complicit”.

I don't think every officer at the scene was complicit. I do think that someone high up in the chain of command in the capitol police and DCPD was though. 

Someone needs to answer for why there wasn't adequate security today, when it was known there was a high probability of civil unrest today for weeks. 

I'm not pointing fingers at every police officer on duty there today. I'm pointing fingers at: 

1. Chain of command/lack of preparation

2. The police who let the terrorists into the capitol unopposed

3. Those who took selfies with Vanilla ISIS

Edited by Jack Parkman

Snap Yougov poll. 

45% of Self Identified Republicans support the actions of the mob in the Capitol today when asked if they support or oppose it. 43% oppose. 

52% of self-identified Republicans believe Joe BIden is largely to blame for the events at the Capitol today, 28% said the same about Donald Trump.

https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2021/01/06/US-capitol-trump-poll

5 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Straw man. You’re the one trying to make it about all cops. We’re talking about the cops specifically involved in this incident

Strawman?  What are you talking about?  I’m trying to make this nothing about the cops and instead entirely on the domestic terrorists and the politicians who enabled them.

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There's plenty of evidence, if you open your eyes. Quit blindly believing that cops are just. 

There's no way that anyone could have thought that the amount of security near the capitol today was adequate. No way in hell. 

No there is not evidence that a bunch of cops just colluded with Trump to let these madmen in. None, zilch, zero. 

Does that mean the officers behaved perfect, was there the right security in place etc? No that isn’t the case but I don’t think the cops said hey I like trump - let’s allow all these bastards in, nor do I think there was some collective decision made by leadership at top of the police department who said - hey let’s let all these people in and be terrorist. 

Now maybe that did happen Jack - but your statement right now is complete shit and unfounded and is a disgrace to plenty of good cops who risk their lives every day, including i am sure many who were there today in fear of their lives and whose families were watching what happened live on tv who were likely in fear of their loved one who was in uniform today. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think every officer at the scene was complicit. I do think that someone high up in the chain of command in the capitol police and DCPD was though. 

You are coming to absurd conclusions based on a few videos. Do you know how many police were stationed there? Do you know what their orders were? Do you know if they expected this to happen?

No, you don't. You should stop acting like you know a damn thing about law enforcement tactics. You don't, and I don't. Coming to these insane conclusions on a subject you know little about is flat out embarrassing. @vulture, you too. 

• Like 1

Well I’ll refer you back to my previous comment regarding police department complicity.

Strawman?  What are you talking about?  I’m trying to make this nothing about the cops and instead entirely on the domestic terrorists and the politicians who enabled them.

The straw man is that you are setting up the argument that by stating this particularly police department appears to complicit that means the same as saying every single police officer in existence is complicit. That is a textbook case of a straw man argument you keep countering an argument that isn’t actually being made.

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

You are coming to absurd conclusions based on a few videos. Do you know how many police were stationed there? Do you know what their orders were? Do you know if they expected this to happen?

No, you don't. You should stop acting like you know a damn thing about law enforcement tactics. You don't, and I don't. Coming to these insane conclusions on a subject you know little about is flat out embarrassing. @vulture, you too. 

Everyone knew this was going to happen