2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

“It’s an inconvenience at this point, is all it is,” he said. “This is not some mass insurrection, coup attempt. They’re not destroying or burning down the fricking Capitol building. This hyperbole and this emotion that the media is spewing now, like this is some kind of end-of-times scenario, is ridiculous.”

lol, 3 bombs found, militia with ziptie cuffs and sidearms, yeah it was just a protest.  that dude needs to go ASAP

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Crying emoji x 10000000

bye old Roman, you suck as a poster and you aren't missed.  Cope harder 

Say bye for about a week, he'll always be back. Always. 

4 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

This is so startling. How can anyone support this. Just goes to show you what these people believe - they must really believe all of this nonsense that the election was stolen. 

The majority of the country does, based on the sample in that poll.  

The majority of Republicans support what happened yesterday. 

America is mentally ill.

Edited by Jack Parkman

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The majority of the country does, based on the sample in that poll.  

The majority of Republicans support what happened yesterday. 

America is mentally ill.

The majority of the country didn't participate in that poll.  Come on dude, these polls are easily flooded and manipulated and are based on a super small sample size 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

The majority of the country didn't participate in that poll.  Come on dude, these polls are easily flooded and manipulated and are based on a super small sample size 

That's why I qualified it with "based on the sample of that poll" 

I understand how things work. 

It wouldn't surprise me though. 

4 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Did I miss something?  Some of the mods are acting strange?

This is exactly why we got rid of the Buster FYI, as much as I enjoyed the time in it it turns into a shitshow every.single.time.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Dude, that was not a standard internet poll, Yougov is a standard polling outfit (i'm actually a member - was not polled in that one, I'm one of their Democrats). They send out surveys to batches of their members online, pulling random samples from their users. There's some selection since you're getting "internet users who respond rapidly", but that was a randomized sample of 1500 users taken yesterday who filtered in by saying they were familiar with the events in DC. That means it was about 500 randomly sampled Republicans. 

2 minutes ago, bigruss said:

This is exactly why we got rid of the Buster FYI, as much as I enjoyed the time in it it turns into a shitshow every.single.time.

Oh you guys removed their posts already.  I didn't see anything so I just assumed there was some inside joke I missed.

42 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Both roads will lead to nothing IMO.   The republicans showed last night that they still follow Trumps lead

Get them on record and see how the next 2 years go. If they spend the next 2 years cleaning up his crime, shots of the Capitol siege, Trump, and then Rubio voting against impeachment - is a campaign ad and a way to get them having to defend Trump in a debate.

2 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Oh you guys removed their posts already.  I didn't see anything so I just assumed there was some inside joke I missed.

It was something behind the scenes, quite angrily and loaded with misogyny, from a poster who is no longer allowed at this forum.