2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

17 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

If he didn't commit any crimes, why does he need pardon himself... 🤔

Because he is so into himself that only he would allow himself to step down from the presidency. After he "acknowledged" that he lost earlier today, part of his "acknowledgment" indicated this was the greatest first term ever. He is so prideful and arrogant 

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Because he is so into himself that only he would allow himself to step down from the presidency. After he "acknowledged" that he lost earlier today, part of his "acknowledgment" indicated this was the greatest first term ever. He is so prideful and arrogant 

Lol well he's allow to have his opinions and big emphasis on the word, "opinions" here. 😃

20 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Dude, that was not a standard internet poll, Yougov is a standard polling outfit (i'm actually a member - was not polled in that one, I'm one of their Democrats). They send out surveys to batches of their members online, pulling random samples from their users. There's some selection since you're getting "internet users who respond rapidly", but that was a randomized sample of 1500 users taken yesterday who filtered in by saying they were familiar with the events in DC. That means it was about 500 randomly sampled Republicans. 

Dude, you overblow everything.  

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Dude, you overblow everything.  

Sigh.

Explain to me how a poll with a randomly chosen sample of people already participating in a survey panel where they are commonly queried about current events in exchange for small ($.50) rewards can be "flooded". 

20 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Oh you guys removed their posts already.  I didn't see anything so I just assumed there was some inside joke I missed.

Someone not naming names but rhymes with Sammy Sravot and also rhymes with The Cur wanted to start reporting everyone here because he is a fifty times over banned poster who can't manage to come back any time and get along.  

• Haha 2

Someone not naming names but rhymes with Sammy Sravot and also rhymes with The Cur wanted to start reporting everyone here because he is a fifty times over banned poster who can't manage to come back any time and get along.  

How long have you guys known it was him? lolz. 

Wow I'm surprised that dude got banned.  He was on this thread for a hot minute and I didn't see anything crazy at the time.  I need to keep up with the forums more consistently instead of dropping by once in a blue moon. 😅

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Sigh.

Explain to me how a poll with a randomly chosen sample of people already participating in a survey panel where they are commonly queried about current events in exchange for small ($.50) rewards can be "flooded". 

I don't know we had a pretty good poll substitute in November and >50% voted for Biden, and we think 56% of the country believes that fraud occurred that put Biden into the presidency?

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Sigh.

Oh man you are right that's lock down my bad

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I don't know we had a pretty good poll substitute in November and >50% voted for Biden, and we think 56% of the country believes that fraud occurred that put Biden into the presidency?

50 cents man

2 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Wow I'm surprised that dude got banned.  He was on this thread for a hot minute and I didn't see anything crazy at the time.  I need to keep up with the forums more consistently instead of dropping by once in a blue moon. 😅

Like Tony said he will be back.  We will see it, give him time to not be a Dick or break board rules, like we always do, then drop him because he can't not be a dick or break board rules 

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

They had Biden's lead at 8% and he won by 5. I'm willing to believe a 3% pro-Democrat bias carries through.

https://today.yougov.com/2020-presidential-election

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

They had Biden's lead at 8% and he won by 5. I'm willing to believe a 3% pro-Democrat bias carries through.

https://today.yougov.com/2020-presidential-election

That's not answering the question. If 56% of people in the country believe fraud pushed Biden over the top, either 100% of non-voters believe it or some decent chunk of Biden voters believe fraud won him the election.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

That's not answering the question. If 56% of people in the country believe fraud pushed Biden over the top, either 100% of non-voters believe it or some decent chunk of Biden voters believe fraud won him the election.

You are correct. That's what 2 months of the press screaming it to the point of provoking violence will do. A whole lot of people are now saying "hmph, I thought everything was fine but they're saying there was fraud so much that there must be something to it". 

14 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

How long have you guys known it was him? lolz. 

TBH, typically we know pretty quickly, and often give people some slack to see if they can handle acting like an adult.  There are a lot of tools, plus an experienced staff with some solid intuition and recall for Soxtalk history.  Some people are gone for good, some people get an extra chance here or there.  It kind of depends on the history, and how long it has been, plus the mood of whoever is doing account approvals at that time.  Once they fall back into the things that got them banned in the first place, they are gone quickly.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

You are correct. That's what 2 months of the press screaming it to the point of provoking violence will do. A whole lot of people are now saying "hmph, I thought everything was fine but they're saying there was fraud so much that there must be something to it". 

Could be that, but more likely it's a consequence of the question wording and it's a bad survey like most surveys are.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Just now, bmags said:

Could be that, but more likely it's a consequence of the question wording and it's a bad survey like most surveys are.

Lol, hold on, we're actually both wrong.

That's not the share of people who think the election was stolen, go to the original link. That is "approval of the actions at the Capitol among people who think the election was stolen". I checked the original link.

Whoever took the screenshot did so in such a way that it cut off the word "Among". It turned it into "voters who think the presidential election was fraudulent" rather than "among voters who think the presidential election was fraudulent".

56% of the people who think it contained fraud approved of the actions at the Capitol, and 45% of Republicans do overall.

https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2021/01/06/US-capitol-trump-poll

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Lol, hold on, we're actually both wrong.

That's not the share of people who think the election was stolen, go to the original link. That is "approval of the actions at the Capitol among people who think the election was stolen". I checked the original link.

Whoever took the screenshot did so in such a way that it cut off the word "Among". It turned it into "voters who think the presidential election was fraudulent" rather than "among voters who think the presidential election was fraudulent".

56% of the people who think it contained fraud approved of the actions at the Capitol, and 45% of Republicans do overall.

https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2021/01/06/US-capitol-trump-poll

That makes a lot more sense. 

It didn't mesh with the polling of republicans who were not 100% on it being stolen. It was still like 60% but wasn't 100%

Also, and this will be my last comment about the banned person, we don't usually put this stuff out for everyone to see and joke about and comment.  I did it specifically to draw him out.  And it worked like a charm 😉 

here is to you Sir, have a nice day 🍻 

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

That makes a lot more sense. 

It didn't mesh with the polling of republicans who were not 100% on it being stolen. It was still like 60% but wasn't 100%

Yeah, that makes more sense. Glad to see that America has not lost its collective shit. 

12 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Also, and this will be my last comment about the banned person, we don't usually put this stuff out for everyone to see and joke about and comment.  I did it specifically to draw him out.  And it worked like a charm 😉 

here is to you Sir, have a nice day 🍻 

Yeah, 90 times out of 100, the regular posting public has no idea when someone is banned.

7 minutes ago, Quin said:

It most certainly has, just to what degree is it has is up for debate.

Very true. I meant that it hasn't lost it's collective shit to the point of no return. 

The lack of empathy most people have for human suffering is astounding. 

Edited by Jack Parkman