2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

5 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yeah, that's honestly pretty surprising to me. I didn't agree with him on much, but we talked frequently over PM and everything was very civil and friendly. And I say this as someone who has tipped the moderators off a couple of times on the returns of banned posters, such as the great Tommy Longo

We had some good conversations over PM too and he identified me as being someone he knew from long ago on these boards. It’s a small world that he came back after all of this time and remembered who I was. We had some very civil conversations there and he knew a lot about foreign policy, which I appreciated since I know very little (I care more about domestic policy).

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

We had some good conversations over PM too and he identified me as being someone he knew from long ago on these boards. It’s a small world that he came back after all of this time and remembered who I was. We had some very civil conversations there and he knew a lot about foreign policy, which I appreciated since I know very little (I care more about domestic policy).

Can't really mess around with foreign policy when your home is a mess...  That's exactly what the US is... 

Edited by pettie4sox

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...you know it’s bad when some as incompetent as Betsy DeVos is jumping ship.

Ha you know though, if I had to seriously pick a favorite Trump appointee, I think it would be DeVos.  It’s impossible to totally nuke public education off the face of the earth, but damn if I wasn’t rooting for somebody to burn that whole thing down and piss on the ashes.  At least somebody was TRYING to do the right thing, kinda. 

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I learned today that DeVos is a minority partner in the Cubs.

And her family, which got rich via MLM schemes, are the owners of Magic.

Her brother is also Erik Prince, the founder of Blackwater (Academi). He was in charge of it when they committed war crimes in Nisour Square in Iraq and killed 17 Iraqi civilians. Trump pardoned those guys recently.

This, however, is where she draws the line. Mostly because the effort is no longer profitable.

45 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Privatizing education is not good, actually

If the whole system was nuked and it was up to you to decide the way to educate our humans moving forward...how would you do it?  

Maybe that would be a fun side thread- not trying to derail the patriots thread here.  

6 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

If the whole system was nuked and it was up to you to decide the way to educate our humans moving forward...how would you do it?  

Maybe that would be a fun side thread- not trying to derail the patriots thread here.  

Properly, equitably funded public education

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

And her family, which got rich via MLM schemes, are the owners of Magic.

Her brother is also Erik Prince, the founder of Blackwater (Academi). He was in charge of it when they committed war crimes in Nisour Square in Iraq and killed 17 Iraqi civilians. Trump pardoned those guys recently.

This, however, is where she draws the line. Mostly because the effort is no longer profitable.

Pyramid schemes should be illegal. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

36 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sickening...wish they would charge Trump with manslaughter for inciting the riot, but obviously won’t happen.

Im not sure how far they are going to take this, but if there is any truth to different departments purposefully not providing enough support to secure the Capital, I think its possible they try and charge some of the higher ups. Based on the statements by the Governor of Maryland, it appears there was a purposeful effort to not provide adequate support.

And that is the truly terrible part, he died a hero protecting the capital while others tacitly supported a dictator. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Beast said:

Tried to tell you it wasn't gonna last

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Ha you know though, if I had to seriously pick a favorite Trump appointee, I think it would be DeVos.  It’s impossible to totally nuke public education off the face of the earth, but damn if I wasn’t rooting for somebody to burn that whole thing down and piss on the ashes.  At least somebody was TRYING to do the right thing, kinda. 

One of the dumbest things you have ever said on this board.  She is the worst thing that has ever happened to public education and kids are in danger because of her

• Thanks 3