2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

10 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Still sticking with this straw man? Clearly we are talking about the specific police involved in this specific incident but you still want to argue whether that is slander against all cops in the world. It’s getting pathetic honestly

Exactly. 

The reason why some of us have to assume that cops are fascist assholes when there are a number of them who are not, is because of people like you, @Chicago White Sox who give them carte blanche to commit murder and treason. It emboldens the assholes to think they are above the law. All that anyone wants is accountability. 

We know all cops are not fascist assholes. It's the non-trivial amount who are that give the good cops a bad name. If they want to clear their name, it's up to them to demand accountability for their fellow officers, rather than engage in the criminal code of Omerta. 

I'm willing to believe anywhere from 25-50% of cops are assholes, and it's up to the other half who aren't to fix the problem. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

20 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Show me where I said “how dare you question the officers at all”, cause I’m starting to think you lie more than Trump.

On 1/6/2021 at 11:41 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, these low ranking police officers who were positioned at the security perimeters somehow themselves arranged for not enough security to be in place.  How can you even type this garbage?

On 1/6/2021 at 11:43 PM, Jack Parkman said:

There's no way these people get into the capitol at all without police cooperation. 

On 1/6/2021 at 11:45 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...you are insane.  Did you see how outnumbered the police were?  The protesters were getting in unless the few officers started shooting to kill and that might of just made things worse.

On 1/6/2021 at 11:50 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

Do you think the guys that work security are in charge of staffing?  Like holy fuck, you’re spewing nothing but garbage bro.

The real issue here is that the President refused to call on the National Guard and protect both the police and the Congressmen and their staff.

Worse thing I've heard today?  Majority Whip Jim Clyburn's (D-SC) main office on the first floor of the Capitol with his name on the door where he sees the public went untouched, while his little hard-to-find, unmarked,  working office on the third floor where all the work is done and the important papers are kept was ransacked. 

There had to be people embedded in the crowd directing this to happen.  An inside job,  A coup.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Worse thing I've heard today?  Majority Whip Jim Clyburn's (D-SC) main office on the first floor of the Capitol with his name on the door where he sees the public went untouched, while his little hard-to-find, unmarked,  working office on the third floor where all the work is done and the important papers are kept was ransacked. 

There had to be people embedded in the crowd directing this to happen.  An inside job,  A coup.

More evidence. 

On 1/7/2021 at 12:15 AM, Balta1701 said:

And of course, the problem is me posting the video they shared online...not the police officer taking a photo in the middle of the Capitol with a member of the mob and doing so on video.

On 1/7/2021 at 12:17 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s about what you’re trying to do with the video that’s the problem.  This isn’t about that one cop, it’s about all cops for you.

For example. Here is an extremely specific example of police complicity in this specific incident which is countered by your not all cops are bad therefore you’re the problem for highlighting this particular incident mantra. That’s off the charts fallacial arguing

11 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Still sticking with this straw man? Clearly we are talking about the specific police involved in this specific incident but you still want to argue whether that is slander against all cops in the world. It’s getting pathetic honestly

First off, I am not talking about all cops, just the ones that were at the Capitol.  No idea why you keep saying this and claiming I’m making some “strawman” (WTF), but it’s getting a little creepy.  Second, the only thing “pathetic” as of late was your ridiculously stupid interpretation of FIP.

5 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I'll give you Jr as my first guess still. 

Cruz is making a name for himself right now. TedCruzkilledacop was trending #1 nationwide when I woke up this morning. Maybe he's learned a thing from Trump about how to be an appropriate leader for a fascistic group.

Jr.

It's pretty wild that we saw a failed, big, messy violent coup attempt at the Capitol, a counter-coup where the VP and JCOS along with Congressional leaders authorized state NG's to deploy to DC, and now a continued coup in this:

This same week saw the release of recordings wherein the President of the United States tried to pressure the GA SoS into overturning the election there and a double-runoff that flipped the Senate chamber for the next two years. What a god-damned week.

Oh and Murkowski is threatening to flip Dem, lol

4 minutes ago, Vulture said:

For example. Here is an extremely specific example of police complicity in this specific incident which is countered by your not all cops are bad therefore you’re the problem for highlighting this particular incident mantra. That’s off the charts fallacial arguing

Lol...now I get it, you simply don’t know anything about Balta and his endless need to exaggerate everything to serve his political agenda.  Luckily he’s got you here to protect him from my “fallacial arguing” 🤣

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...now I get it, you simply don’t know anything about Balta and his endless need to exaggerate everything to serve his political agenda.  Luckily he’s got you here to protect him from my “fallacial arguing” 🤣

Balta’s agenda is irrelevant to the question of whether the police were complicit in this case. This is called poisoning the well fallacy

Edited by Vulture
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

First off, I am not talking about all cops, just the ones that were at the Capitol.  No idea why you keep saying this and claiming I’m making some “strawman” (WTF), but it’s getting a little creepy.  Second, the only thing “pathetic” as of late was your ridiculously stupid interpretation of FIP.

Because you keep saying all cops aren’t bad. Now you want to claim you’re not talking about all caps and bring up an irrelevantt argument about fip despite the fact that you failed to demonstrate that a ratio involving strikeouts home runs and walks is actually representative of runs allowed. More poisoning the well with a completely irrelevant point.

I guess it’s creepy if getting called out for making horse shit statements is creepy. Another fallacial poisoning the well statement.

Edited by Vulture

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

First off, I am not talking about all cops, just the ones that were at the Capitol.  

Also CWS:

”This isn’t about one cop this about all cops for you.”

”All cops aren’t bad.”

if you search this thread for “all cops” you get at least a dozen hits under your name. What the matter did you hit your head after your previous posts or what?

Edited by Vulture

Re: "All cops"

Go back and read the quotes from the head of the Chicago FOP. Then think about how he has to get voted into that position by a majority of Chicago's cops. Then think about how the head of the Hammond FOP said something similar. Of course it isn't "all cops" but it's enough of them that they are ascending to leadership positions.

As for the Capitol police, I'm sure some were more than happy to let the mob in, but I'm guessing that there are also plenty who knew that the Feds had refused to send backup and just let them in to save themselves, and I don't blame them.

• Thanks 1

A straw man btw is arguing against a statement you’ve set up yourself and presented as the argument of your opponent because it is easier to knock down than the actual argument. For example countering claim that police were complicit in sedition at US Capitol with don’t say all cops are bad, like you’ve been doing.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Balta’s agenda is entirely relevant when he’s trying to suggest all or most cops were complicit in this case.

NO ONE SAID THAT EXCEPT YOU.  We are saying some were, the video at the time showed it, and the case has gotten stronger over two days.,To you, that equates to they all must have been.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Also CWS:

”This isn’t about one cop this about all cops for you.”

”All cops aren’t bad.”

if you search this thread for “all cops” you get at least a dozen hits under your name. What the matter did you hit your head after your previous posts or what?

Lol...I can’t say “all cops aren’t bad” to defend the good ones at the Capitol from two people who actually think all cops are bad.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...I can’t say “all cops aren’t bad” to defend the good ones at the Capitol from two people who actually think all cops are bad.

You can say what you want but that doesn’t make it reasonable when the question is whether police were complicit at the capitol. Whether all cops are bad or not is irrelevant to that question, yet one hundred posts later you’re still going on about it rather than whether police were complicit. To an irrational person that might seem like reasonable objection to the claim but in actuality it is not.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Exactly. 

The reason why some of us have to assume that cops are fascist assholes when there are a number of them who are not, is because of people like you, @Chicago White Sox who give them carte blanche to commit murder and treason. It emboldens the assholes to think they are above the law. All that anyone wants is accountability. 

We know all cops are not fascist assholes. It's the non-trivial amount who are that give the good cops a bad name. If they want to clear their name, it's up to them to demand accountability for their fellow officers, rather than engage in the criminal code of Omerta. 

I'm willing to believe anywhere from 25-50% of cops are assholes, and it's up to the other half who aren't to fix the problem. 

Wow...now I’m giving the police carte blanche to commit murder because I’m defending some of the police who stood up to domestic terrorists despite their own leadership hanging them out to dry.

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

This sounds a lot like "all cops are bad"

Balta also said something similar.  And I fully agree we have a real police problem in this country, but I’m also going to defend the good ones who protected our democracy Wednesday from being lumped in as being complicit with the insurrection from a pair of keyboard warriors.