2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

33 minutes ago, ron883 said:

This sounds a lot like "all cops are bad"

No, it's about how they're asked to do their job. The rot goes higher than your average rank and file. 

It's about the culture. 

Not every individual law officer is bad. The entire culture of policing is rotten to the core. 

When I say "cops" as a group I'm talking about the culture, rather than every person individually. 

I will make that more clear going forward. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

59 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The next question is who funded this rally? All the video equipment, the flags, the banners, the buses.

These are good questions. I am hoping for a real investigation into this. And unlike the JFK assassination, I would like a full set of facts to come out no matter how uncomfortable they may make us feel. The main thing is that we cannot underestimate how bad this was. This is one reason Trump has to go. 

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Time for thousands to cry about freedom of speech while ironically exhibiting that they don't know how it works

Thank you. Right now it’s my biggest pet peeve, drives me fucking NUTS. 

15 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Time for thousands to cry about freedom of speech while ironically exhibiting that they don't know how it works

Parler is about to get banned on the Apple App Store too. Get your umbrella, the tears are coming. 

7 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

MLM is just a pyramid scheme that's cleaned up so it's somewhat kosher. It's still a fucking scam and always has been. It's fraud.  C'mon Tex, you know better. 

Did you read my post?  

Apple is a multi level marketing scheme.  You buy something in the store and folks all the way back to corporate gets paid. All those multiple levels. 

The key difference between a legit MLM company and a pyramid is with MLM the customers receive a product or service. 

Again, the problem with MLM is anyone can buy themselves a sales job. People who would never last in straight commission sales buy the hype and fail. 

In a pyramid scheme there is no product or service. The newest members basically pay the oldest until there is no money coming in. 

57 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Balta also said something similar.  And I fully agree we have a real police problem in this country, but I’m also going to defend the good ones who protected our democracy Wednesday from being lumped in as being complicit with the insurrection from a pair of keyboard warriors.

I wouldnt engage at this point. I think most reasonable people understood your posts. Some just need it always to be the extreme.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Did you read my post?  

Apple is a multi level marketing scheme.  You buy something in the store and folks all the way back to corporate gets paid. All those multiple levels. 

The key difference between a legit MLM company and a pyramid is with MLM the customers receive a product or service. 

Again, the problem with MLM is anyone can buy themselves a sales job. People who would never last in straight commission sales buy the hype and fail. 

In a pyramid scheme there is no product or service. The newest members basically pay the oldest until there is no money coming in. 

Yes, I did. 

I think that if someone explained an average business model to someone who had no concept of what it is, they'd say "sounds like a scam" 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yes, I did. 

I think that if someone explained an average business model to someone who had no concept of what it is, they'd say "sounds like a scam" 

Then every business is a scam, because most MLM sell actual products. Its just a sales model that is built on a commission structure, but the end user gets an actual product. My parents used to buy some Avon products, Im not sure how that is any different than going into Target and buying a different brand.

Isn’t banning him now just going to create or add to the perpetual grievances on the right against media/tech elites like Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg?   The whole “cancel culture” that Hawley brought up when his book was dumped by Simon & Schuster?

Still hard to imagine that 15-20% of the country will not follow him to OAN...or his own channel, wherever he eventually ends up.

This is going to make him more of a martyr, IMO...and somehow I have a feeling Dorsey is not going to give back all the profits he made off of Trump for the last 5 1/2 years.   Twitter was definitely trending in the wrong direction as a company, and Trump helped to make it more relevant again.

We keep arguing people will get bored of Trump’s act or he will just fade away, but it’s going to be a long and drawn out process.  Trump is going to do everything he can to empower and pass the baton on to Don Jr. or Ivanka, at the very least...especially if legal troubles bring him down.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Isn’t banning him now just going to create or add to the perpetual grievances on the right against media/tech elites like Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg?   The whole “cancel culture” that Hawley brought up when his book was dumped by Simon & Schuster?

Still hard to imagine that 15-20% of the country will not follow him to OAN...or his own channel, wherever he eventually ends up.

This is going to make him more of a martyr, IMO...and somehow I have a feeling Dorsey is not going to give back all the profits he made off of Trump for the last 5 1/2 years.   Twitter was definitely trending in the wrong direction as a company, and Trump helped to make it more relevant again.

We keep arguing people will get bored of Trump’s act or he will just fade away, but it’s going to be a long and drawn out process.  Trump is going to do everything he can to empower and pass the baton on to Don Jr. or Ivanka, at the very least...especially if legal troubles bring him down.

Hmmm I would say if legal troubles really bring DJT down, his kids are gonna be right there with him.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Then every business is a scam, because most MLM sell actual products. Its just a sales model that is built on a commission structure, but the end user gets an actual product. My parents used to buy some Avon products, Im not sure how that is any different than going into Target and buying a different brand.

Thanks for proving my point. 

Regardless, I think straight comission, especially where the salesperson has to purchase the products out of pocket is no different from a pyramid scheme. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Hmmm I would say if legal troubles really bring DJT down, his kids are gonna be right there with him.  

I think his kids will get short term sentences, if at all. Ivanka has clearly proven tax fraud, but that will be a couple months.