2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

39 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Just saw some film about the Fascist takeover of Italy in the early 1920's.  The paramilitary Brown Shirts beat up the first voter out of the polls all over the country "because he didn't vote for Mussolini," regardless of who he voted for.  Sort of set the tone for Election Day.

We're lucky there are no Brown Shirts around here. 😁

Let's call them the "red hats', just for example.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I keep saying they need to have Biden and Harris in separate cities to be sworn in, just in case something does happen.

This is not a bad idea. It is not something that normally I would want done, but we are in a real crisis. It could serve as a deterrent to the nut cases if Biden and Harris are not in the same location. Not to mention the racists would not want to kill Biden with the idea of a African-American woman ascending to the presidency.

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I keep saying they need to have Biden and Harris in separate cities to be sworn in, just in case something does happen.

Certain members of Congress are even under suspicion. No way do you put Biden in a big crowd right now.

30 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

This is not a bad idea. It is not something that normally I would want done, but we are in a real crisis. It could serve as a deterrent to the nut cases if Biden and Harris are not in the same location. Not to mention the racists would not want to kill Biden with the idea of a African-American woman ascending to the presidency.

Yep, and now this.

🤬

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I agree. They are just asking for trouble if it's outdoors.

Biden could easily do it remotely in Delaware and Harris could be in California. Then protect the Capitol. I don’t see anywhere in the rules they have to do this in Washington other than to follow tradition.

2 hours ago, pcq said:

Certain members of Congress are even under suspicion. No way do you put Biden in a big crowd right now.

All of this reminds me of when Lincoln made his way to Washington. He snuck through Baltimore in the wee hours of the morning because his security staff was convinced he would be killed if he tried to make a traditional campaign stop. He was called a coward, but this was probably the right thing to do. Biden may need to re-think things.

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

All of this reminds me of when Lincoln made his way to Washington. He snuck through Baltimore in the wee hours of the morning because his security staff was convinced he would be killed if he tried to make a traditional campaign stop. He was called a coward, but this was probably the right thing to do. Biden may need to re-think things.

I will say, a black female President being a consequence of any attack on Biden would be delicious. 

51 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

Someone needs a visit from the FBI.

She is another genius. She took pictures of these clowns she gave the tour with and posted them on social media. Some were flashing Proud Boys White Supremacy signs.  If this is true, she should be charged with Treason. She also is the one that set off the new metal detectors, and threw a fit about it. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Haha 1