2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

36 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

She is another genius. She took pictures of these clowns she gave the tour with and posted them on social media. Some were flashing Proud Boys White Supremecy signs.  If this is true, she should be charged with Treason.

At a minimum, she needs to be expelled from the House.

10 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Fed up with inaction?  Biden hasn't been president for the past four years.  Kind of hard to do stuff when he's not an elected official.

But, it doesn't matter to morons like this and their followers.  They will be screaming impeachment for the next four years.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

She is another genius. She took pictures of these clowns she gave the tour with and posted them on social media. Some were flashing Proud Boys White Supremacy signs.  If this is true, she should be charged with Treason. She also is the one that set off the new metal detectors, and threw a fit about it. 

I believe the ones where she is posing with people making those signs turned out to have been taken last fall?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Fed up with inaction?  Biden hasn't been president for the past four years.  Kind of hard to do stuff when he's not an elected official.

But, it doesn't matter to morons like this and their followers.  They will be screaming impeachment for the next four years.

Ironically, they’ve done so much criming that it has probably raised the bar on what it takes to get a consensus in favor of impeachment. Biden, want to declassify a bunch of stuff for the Russian foreign minister in exchange for tens of millions of dollars? We decided that was cool all the way back in ‘17.

27 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I believe the ones where she is posing with people making those signs turned out to have been taken last fall?

Yea that was 2019. she is in a short sleeve shirt pretty sure 

1 hour ago, hogan873 said:

I also just remembered, Republicans were threatening to impeach Hillary if she was elected ... and also leave the Supreme Court seat unfilled. So this shouldn't come as a shock.

2 hours ago, hogan873 said:

Why wait just do it now.

2 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

The picture is from 2019 but other members of Congress say she was giving tours on 1/5/21.

If the latter is the case, that should be the only focus. We're the reality-based community, we can't bring photos from a previous year into the discussion of whether or not she conspired to attack that building. I can judge her to be a terrible human being based on previous photos, but not all terrible human beings attacked the US Capitol building.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Quin said:

She's actually a Qanon believer, so idk what people expected.

Minority Report. This is for future crimes. Take a stand. This woman could be a tree stand. The other one Boebert should be sent to Gitmo.

I think that between the round the clock warnings about how beefy the police/military presence is and also the fact that the FBI/big business is cutting the ability for these people to organize in any meaningful way, we wont see any groups. What I am really worried about is lone wolf nutjobs. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He had Jason Miller tweet out what a great guy and Mayor Rudy is and was. That's his payment. Screwed over by Trump. Who would ever think that could happen?

29 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Jared and Ivanka wouldn't let the Secret Service use any of their 6 bathrooms, so taxpayers had to rent out a place at $3k a month so they could relieve themselves.

From the same article, they were using one of the Obama's bathrooms until someone in the Trump group trashed it so badly that Obama's security detail said no more.

Thinking about the next four years is there anything that a Biden administration could do that would impact you directly? Stopping the border wall for example is something I believe is right,  it really doesn't directly impact me. 

For you personally,  what are you hoping for?  

That $10,000 or more student loan relief would be really nice. Other than that,  it's indirect stuff that I believe will make America better,  which makes my life better. 

32 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

From the same article, they were using one of the Obama's bathrooms until someone in the Trump group trashed it so badly that Obama's security detail said no more.

It's all that fast food. A bunch of guys eating sliders will strip wallpaper

13 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Thinking about the next four years is there anything that a Biden administration could do that would impact you directly? Stopping the border wall for example is something I believe is right,  it really doesn't directly impact me. 

That $10,000 or more student loan relief would be really nice. Other than that,  it's indirect stuff that I believe will make America better,  which makes my life better. 

I am pretty lucky right now, but I know a lot of people who aren't.  I live in a rustbelt town full of people with skills that match last century's job market.

27 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I don't need anything that impacts me directly. I need policies targeted at drastically reducing poverty, and I'm talking about long-term solutions and not just one-time handouts. Reducing poverty reduces crime, reduces the strain on the health care system, and adds taxpayers to the economy. I'm not sure I want to have kids and raise them in the US if something tangible isn't done about poverty.

I can't go a week without reading a story about a teenager caught with a stolen vehicle. Kids in the worst communities need better schools, teachers, child care/mentoring, and job opportunities for their parents, so that they see paths forward other than stealing cars.

• Thanks 1