2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Loeffler pulled her objection.

Lankford is already backtracking as well...

The Kansas City Star writes:

"No one other than President Donald Trump himself is more responsible for Wednesday’s coup attempt at the U.S. Capitol than one Joshua David Hawley, the 41-year-old junior senator from Missouri, who put out a fundraising appeal while the siege was underway.

This, Sen. Hawley, is what law-breaking and destruction look like. This is what mobs do. This is not a protest, but a riot. One woman was shot and has died, The Washington Post reported, while lawmakers were sheltering in place.
No longer can it be asked, as George Will did recently of Hawley, 'Has there ever been such a high ratio of ambition to accomplishment?' Hawley’s actions in the last week had such impact that he deserves an impressive share of the blame for the blood that’s been shed."

At the request of the US National Guard, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is deploying 1,000 members of the New York National Guard to Washington, DC, “to aid and facilitate peaceful transfer of power,” Cuomo said in a statement Wednesday. 

“For 244 years, the cornerstone of our democracy has been the peaceful transfer of power, and New York stands ready to help ensure the will of the American people is carried out, safely and decisively,” Cuomo said in the statement.

The troops will be deployed for up to two weeks. The decision was made at the request from the US National Guard. Cuomo said the deployment “will not impact our state's ongoing efforts to contain and combat the Covid virus.”

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

That narrative completely contradicts this:

The full statement from the U.S. Department of Defence website:

"Chairman Milley (JCS) and I just spoke separately with the Vice President and with Speaker Pelosi, Leader McConnell, Senator Schumer and Representative Hoyer about the situation at the U.S. Capitol. We have fully activated the D.C. National Guard..."

If DoD is to believed Trump had nothing to do with it.

More rumors circulating about 25th amendment.

Its all fun and games until Pence and others realized they were becoming the next targets for the traitors who were attempting a coup.

May be a little to late to put this back in the box, but I really feel today may start the process of unifying Americans.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is the history I live for.

I love our Senate. Tossing out a few idiots like Cruz, but there are dozens of great people there. 

I told my son I'd walk 10 miles to vote against Cruz, but I respect John Cornyn. These speeches from both sides of the aisle are really good. 

52 minutes ago, Tony said:

If the GOP wants to save their party, they should take a hard stance against any support of Trump. It really shouldn't be that difficult, seeing as our nation flat out rejected the entire family just a a few months ago. Totally cut ties, make it a somewhat bi-partisan effort. They've got one shot at it, and this it is. 

But it will never happen. 

Maybe I spoke too soon. 

1 hour ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

I'm starting to think Biden won't be the 46th President after all. 

If Trump is removed under the 25th amendment, he would be the acting President. Bush Sr and Cheney were both acting Presidents under the 25th Amendment (granted, the voluntary section and not the removal section) and they weren't counted as Presidents, so I don't think Pence would be considered the 46th President unless there is impeachment and removal, or resignation.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Profiles in Courage, lol. 

Of course, history will remember Romney, Flake, Sasse, Toomey, Thune, Cornyn, Blunt, Scott, Collins and Murkowski and some of the GOP governors more fondly. 

I know it's your thing, but you don't have to list anyone after Romney and maybe Flake.

7 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Are you from another country?

I too think it's insane. I actually usually vote 3rd party

Canadian. I’ve lived in Chicago for a few years, Arizona briefly, but back in Toronto. Was educated in Canada. We learn American history (and Greek and Italian and British and Egyptian, etc) but not the politics so much. When I was in school American politics was grade 8 so it wasn’t much, The rest was high school.  

I also usually vote for NDP, the primary third party here. Not always, but usually. I couldn’t vote while living in the u.s. so I didn’t get too involved. I noticed two things. It’s a lot more of a contest than an actual vote, and people don’t really sway much. I think this has a lot to do with the whole two sides thing. 

Edited by Blackout Friday
  • Like 1