2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

There's no way these people get into the capitol at all without police cooperation. 

Lol...you are insane.  Did you see how outnumbered the police were?  The protesters were getting in unless the few officers started shooting to kill and that might of just made things worse.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...you are insane.  Did you see how outnumbered the police were?  The protesters were getting in unless the few officers started shooting to kill and that might of just made things worse.

There were more people at the BLM protests and they were ok there. Oh wait.......

Nobody had full riot gear, no swat teams. Coincidence? I think not. 

There is video of the cops both a) breaking the perimeter and letting people in and b) taking selfies with Vanilla ISIS.

Do I think the Cops are 100% responsible? No. But do I think there were a non-trivial amount that were complicit? Absolutely.  

image.png

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

There were more people at the BLM protests and they were ok there. Oh wait.......

Do you think the guys that work security are in charge of staffing?  Like holy fuck, you’re spewing nothing but garbage bro.

The real issue here is that the President refused to call on the National Guard and protect both the police and the Congressmen and their staff.

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, these low ranking police officers who were positioned at the security perimeters somehow themselves arranged for not enough security to be in place.  How can you even type this garbage?

Who do you think was responsible? Police commanders that’s who

Edited by Vulture

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Do you think the guys that work security are in charge of staffing?  Like holy fuck, you’re spewing nothing but garbage bro.

The real issue here is that the President refused to call on the National Guard and protect both the police and the Congressmen and their staff.

All of the following are major issues among many others: 

1. The lame duck POTUS openly called for insurrection, and did not call the NG to protect congress. 

2. There are a non trivial amount of legislators that agree with POTUS

3. The Police allowed it to happen, and did not take proper precautions when it was known for WEEKS that something like this was very possible. There is no way in fucking hell that they should have been unprepared for this. No excuses whatsoever. Therefore, I have to assume that they were involved at a non-trivial level. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Who do you think was? Police commanders that’s who

Then call out the police commanders and not every single officer working the perimeter.  I agree there should have been larger police presence, but don’t unfairly lump every cop there today as being “complicit” in this attack when many or even most of them were doing their civic duty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

All of the following are major issues among many others: 

1. The lame duck POTUS openly called for insurrection, and did not call the NG to protect congress. 

2. There are a non trivial amount of legislators that agree with POTUS

3. The Police allowed it to happen, and did not take proper precautions when it was known for WEEKS that something like this was very possible. There is no way in fucking hell that they should have been unprepared for this. No excuses whatsoever. Therefore, I have to assume that they were involved at a non-trivial level. 

Youre unreasonably blaming normal police officers for what happened. Not only that, if you are against police authoritarianism and violence, you should always hope for a peaceful end to conflict like this. (Yes 1 person died, but that is shockingly low for what happened today.)

The President of the US attempted to start an insurrection and you are expecting low ranking police to take on a mob.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Youre unreasonably blaming normal police officers for what happened. Not only that, if you are against police authoritarianism and violence, you should always hope for a peaceful end to conflict like this. (Yes 1 person died, but that is shockingly low for what happened today.)

The President of the US attempted to start an insurrection and you are expecting low ranking police to take on a mob.

I agree with you. I would have rather nobody died or got hurt today. 

RE the bolded: They do it all of the fucking time with black and brown people! There is no excuse for being unprepared, other than being complicit. 

WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THE INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS DOUBLE STANDARD???????

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

And this exactly why this country is so divided.  You feel compelled to post a picture of one dumb cop in some lame attempt to prove a point that doesn’t exist.  And as a result, you now got Jack convinced that the entire police force are all Trump worshippers who planned today’s attack.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

“The police” means the police department as a whole, in this case DCPD. The police department appears to have been complicit in its failure to provide proper security. Three guys at a fence as posted video shows. No one in their right mind could think that was adequate, therefore it appears to be deliberate

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I agree with you. I would have rather nobody died or got hurt today. 

RE the bolded: They do it all of the fucking time with black and brown people! There is no excuse for being unprepared, other than being complicit. 

WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THE INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS DOUBLE STANDARD???????

What fucking bubble are you in? Do you not know a single black person IRL? Because my timeline is loaded with discussion about your caps lock statement. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And this exactly why this country is so divided.  You feel compelled to post a picture of one dumb cop in some lame attempt to prove a point that doesn’t exist.  And as a result, you now got Jack convinced that the entire police force are all Trump worshippers who planned today’s attack.

I'm not painting everyone with a broad brush here, but there is a culture around policing that is toxic and needs to be changed. 

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Jack was already arguing that before this was posted.

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

“The police” means the police department as a whole, in this case DCPD. The police department appears to have been complicit in its failure to provide proper security. Three guys at a fence as posted video shows. No one in their right mind could think that was adequate, therefore it appears to be deliberate

^^^^^^^^^^^^

10 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

What fucking bubble are you in? Do you not know a single black person IRL? Because my timeline is loaded with discussion about your caps lock statement. 

I was talking about this discussion in particular. 

My twitter and FB timelines are filled with this, and yes, I know plenty of black people and have family members of color, but not necessarily black. 

Edited by Jack Parkman