2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Someone not naming names but rhymes with Sammy Sravot and also rhymes with The Cur wanted to start reporting everyone here because he is a fifty times over banned poster who can't manage to come back any time and get along.  

1 hour ago, pettie4sox said:

Wow I'm surprised that dude got banned.  He was on this thread for a hot minute and I didn't see anything crazy at the time.  I need to keep up with the forums more consistently instead of dropping by once in a blue moon. 😅

Yeah, that's honestly pretty surprising to me. I didn't agree with him on much, but we talked frequently over PM and everything was very civil and friendly. And I say this as someone who has tipped the moderators off a couple of times on the returns of banned posters, such as the great Tommy Longo

6 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is never going to be forgotten.  The historical context is such that this will be talked about forever in American history.

Ok.  How about remembered but not acted on? People won't leave the Republican party in droves, there won't be much talk about election security. It will be much like the hordes that were walking from Central America to invade that turned around right after the election. Or building the wall. There will be something new to debate during the next election cycle. 

The shock goes away. 

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yeah, that's honestly pretty surprising to me. I didn't agree with him on much, but we talked frequently over PM and everything was very civil and friendly. And I say this as someone who has tipped the moderators off a couple of times on the returns of banned posters, such as the great Tommy Longo

Snitches get stiches bro... wtf 😃

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I think that might be the same guy.  He has a lot of aliases.  Apparently Soxtalk is intoxicating 

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

You should see the IM's that we got, lol.

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think that might be the same guy.  He has a lot of aliases.  Apparently Soxtalk is intoxicating 

Longo is Dravit?! Dravit is Longo?!

I'm honestly kind of surprised, lol. I guess he cleaned up. Was he also that chisox guy with Jack McKeon as his avatar? That guy sprung up in the time between those two posters. 

Edited by ron883

The funny thing is there's multiple banned posters that have come back and have posted/are posting. Some we know about, some we don't. Some are dumb enough to be obvious about it, some are smart enough to realize they probably won't caught if they aren't an idiot, and if they aren't an idiot, then there's not really an issue.

• Like 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/01/07/capitol-protests-dc-live-updates/#link-EF65NBEEYNEDZHPSTUC5H7VD34

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) offered new details Thursday about the delayed response to assist law enforcement at the Capitol, saying the Maryland National Guard was ready to help but was “repeatedly” told they did not have the authorization needed to join the effort. Hogan received a panicked call from House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer (D-Md)., who pleaded with him to send in troops from Maryland, the governor said.

[...]

Hogan said Maj. Gen. Timothy Gowen, the adjutant general of the Maryland National Guard, was repeatedly rebuffed by the head of the National Guard at the federal level.

Gowen “kept running it up the flagpole, and we don’t have authorization,” Hogan said. “We don’t have authorization.”

Ninety minutes later, Hogan said, he received a call “out of the blue, not from the secretary of defense, not through what would be normal channels,” but from Ryan McCarthy, the secretary of the Army. McCarthy asked if the Maryland guardsmen could “come as soon as possible,” Hogan recounted.

“It was like, yeah, we’re waiting, we’re ready,” Hogan said.

Edited by StrangeSox
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/01/07/capitol-protests-dc-live-updates/#link-EF65NBEEYNEDZHPSTUC5H7VD34

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) offered new details Thursday about the delayed response to assist law enforcement at the Capitol, saying the Maryland National Guard was ready to help but was “repeatedly” told they did not have the authorization needed to join the effort. Hogan received a panicked call from House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer (D-Md)., who pleaded with him to send in troops from Maryland, the governor said.

[...]

Hogan said Maj. Gen. Timothy Gowen, the adjutant general of the Maryland National Guard, was repeatedly rebuffed by the head of the National Guard at the federal level.

Gowen “kept running it up the flagpole, and we don’t have authorization,” Hogan said. “We don’t have authorization.”

Ninety minutes later, Hogan said, he received a call “out of the blue, not from the secretary of defense, not through what would be normal channels,” but from Ryan McCarthy, the secretary of the Army. McCarthy asked if the Maryland guardsmen could “come as soon as possible,” Hogan recounted.

“It was like, yeah, we’re waiting, we’re ready,” Hogan said.

This is what happens when nobody is at the wheel. If a country attacked us right now, we would never react in time.

3 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

Dem leadership moved fast this morning, good. House and Senate leadership calling for immediate invocation of the 25th or they'll move to impeachment quickly. Need to impeach anyway to bar from future federal office, but that could be handled after the imminent danger is removed.

Even Biden is out with uncharacteristically strong language.

“They weren’t protesters. Don’t dare call them protesters. They were a riotous mob. Insurrectionists. Domestic terrorists,” President-elect Joe Biden says. "I wish we could say we couldn’t see it coming. But that wasn’t true. We COULD see it coming."

Hopefully lessons were learned and the inauguration is more on lockdown than yesterday was. Security should be beefed up like it was for the BLM protests (whether that was right or not) to keep the new administration safe.

1 hour ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Where’s Greg?

He was here late last night reading when I was reading here and watching CSPAN.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Thank god. Crazy how much has changed since the other night when they won!