2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

We have known for a few days that he isn't attending the inauguration, but what a b**** move.  So many people think this guy fought for them and stood up for them.  Can't even be an adult passing the baton 

8 hours ago, The Beast said:

Here were some highlights from some of the gems I saw on a Facebook post today.

Person 1: “Make sure you have water and food. Talk to your kids in case we lose cell phone usage. Now who is going to have electricity to heat a house. Talked to Com Ed today who is on high alert for power outages and blackouts.”

Person 2: “Bought a massive generator this past weekend.”

Am I missing something? Is China taking over the utilities and is civil war coming that will cause a food shortage and phone lines to be down? I’ve got to see what Parler is feeding folks this information, I’m almost hesitant to ask them where they got this information to reach these conclusions...

Cant wait for tomorrow, I hope Biden and Harris stay safe and healthy. There’s so much to be done with divided government over the next four years and lots to be optimistic about even in times of turmoil.

These people are pu***s. They only stormed the Capitol because they thought they would get away with it. They never expected to be arrested. At 11:01 they no longer have the President covering for them and they'll crawl back into their holes.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, tray said:

Hopefully they will find out  how  Trump's attempted coup almost succeeded, who was behind iy, and why.

Succeeded at what exactly? If they would have been successful,  what would life be like today? 

A successful Trump coup would mean him being sworn in today. I'm curious how you see that having happened? 

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

We have known for a few days that he isn't attending the inauguration, but what a b**** move.  So many people think this guy fought for them and stood up for them.  Can't even be an adult passing the baton 

Additional to this, he did nothing during the last two months to assist in the transition. Instead, he tried to overturn an election he clearly lost. Then watched with glee when the Capitol was attacked. 

I really think it's important to stop claiming the coup was close to being successful. The FBI and later a team of Seals would have put a quick and easy end to this coup. The military wasn't going to take over the country to keep Trump in office. 

Saying they were close just gives them enthusiasm and peddles the same lies Trump has been spreading. They were close to committing additional murders,  they were close to dozens of additional crimes,  but they were not close to toppling our elected government and putting Trump in office. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I really think it's important to stop claiming the coup was close to being successful. The FBI and later a team of Seals would have put a quick and easy end to this coup. The military wasn't going to take over the country to keep Trump in office. 

Saying they were close just gives them enthusiasm and peddles the same lies Trump has been spreading. They were close to committing additional murders,  they were close to dozens of additional crimes,  but they were not close to toppling our elected government and putting Trump in office. 

If Eugene Goodman didn't lead them down a different hall, they absolutely were going to walk in to where the next three in presidential succession were standing.  That's pretty fucking close to causing total chaos, regardless how it's ended 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I really think it is more important to quit pretending like this wasn't as serious as it was, and that it instead was some sort of a harmless cosplay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I think the problem is that we all have different ideas about what "being successful" means. These idiots were dangerously close to being able to take out one or more of Pence, Pelosi, and other Democratic members of Congress. That by itself would not have accomplished the ultimate goal of keeping Trump in office beyond 90 minutes from now, but it certainly would have been some level of success to millions of delusional followers.

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I really think it is more important to quit pretending like this wasn't as serious as it was, and that it instead was some sort of a harmless cosplay.

Yeah, nobody should be downplaying a sitting president actively trying to undermine electoral results and inciting violence. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

remember when you portrayed this as a polite disagreement and compared it to civil rights protests? lol

Tex-posting is what happens when your brain defaults to Both-Sides in every possible circumstance and believe that the answer is always in the middle, no matter the circumstances.

Edited by StrangeSox
  • Like 2