2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Right now, looks like you gain AZ (Kelly), maybe Iowa (Greenfield over Ernst), Bullock/Daines and Collins/Gideon races just have no idea how to call them.   Hickenlooper over Gardner the only flip for sure and in the books so far.

Cunningham's scandal might be the tipping point there in NC, Cooper wins governorship but perhaps Trump the state overall by a few points.

Very easily ends up 50/50 tie in the Senate the way things are looking right now.

Ernst isn't going to lose either. You got your whole state wrong.  

Just now, caulfield12 said:

For what it's worth, the PA mail-in/absentee ballots (first or initial results announcement) was supposed to be dumped altogether at 11 p.m. EST according to their election officials.

If that is true youre probably looking at about +200k for Biden. If its lower than that hes done. If its above 300-400k hes looking good.

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Ernst isn't going to lose either. You got your whole state wrong.  

Yes, I know the late-breaking polls were all going in the direction of Trump and Ernst.

Maybe viewing it through rose-colored glasses, but Iowa always seems to surprise in both caucuses and the Presidential races.  We shall see if that trend continues, with MN/WI flipping as well as bordering states.

Just now, Tony said:

I'm putting on a movie. It seems like I've been following the coverage for 12 hours, can't do it anymore. 

I agree. The votes are moving too slowly to make any definitive statements on the race. It’s too bad Biden isn’t winning convincingly but our country is just so divided. Long term tonight might not be the best for the GOP.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I'm putting on a movie. It seems like I've been following the coverage for 12 hours, can't do it anymore. 

Just like everyone is "burned out" from Covid-19...the same thing is happening here with the election, really need a shocking announcement that changes the direction of the race yet again.  Kind of feel like a malaise is setting in.   It certainly is setting up to be an election that drags into the next 2-3 days at a bare minimum.

35 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Biden down to +220. At least now we're holding a ++ position @Chicago White Sox

Let's goooo

Based on my math (which could be wrong at this point), Philadelphia alone could add 600k votes for Biden.  Detroit will eventually flip towards Biden.  Wisconsin is a cone flip at this point.  If Biden can hold in Arizona, I like our chances.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Based on my math (which could be wrong at this point), Philadelphia alone could add 600k votes for Biden.  Detroit will eventually flip towards Biden.  Wisconsin is a cone flip at this point.  If Biden can hold in Arizona, I like our chances.

I like getting 2-1, but I'm weary of being excited. Think we're getting a 2-1 on a 58/42 but we're still holding the 42.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I agree. The votes are moving too slowly to make any definitive statements on the race. It’s too bad Biden isn’t winning convincingly but our country is just so divided. Long term tonight might not be the best for the GOP.

Beast - Curious why you think this won't be the best for GOP LT?  

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I could be completely wrong and speculative, but the margins and turnout appear to be getting more competitive in states like Texas and Georgia. Add in a possible Trump win and they could be in the wilderness in 2024. 

9 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

From a financial/economic standpoint, Covid-19, Obamacare, etc.   Trump will have no solutions or plans, limited financial flexibility in terms of a divided Congress and $30+ trillion in debt and we'll see if the Senate is 49-51/50-50/51-49. 

Manchin could likely give Trump another vote.

One could argue that four more years of Trump would be like the last 4 years of GW Bush.

That it would tarnish the GOP brand by the end of it for another generation of voters.

That said, it only took eight years, and really even just four (if you count Katrina and 2006 as the death of Bush GOPism) before the Tea Party resurgence.

Edited by caulfield12