2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Same here, got to see what kind of bullshit he spews tonight.  The more he claims the election has been “stolen”, the more optimistic I am about Biden’s chances.

My only worry is that this somehow gets to the Supreme Court

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

But what would they rule against?  It doesn’t seem there is anything abnormal about this election’s vote counting.

For now, yeah. I'm just anxious about accusations of foul play as Pennsylvania and perhaps Georgia get their votes counted

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But what would they rule against?  It doesn’t seem there is anything abnormal about this election’s vote counting.

Going to try and argue the SC of Penn couldn't make the rule that votes could arrive after 8pm and only the state legislature could.

That being said there are millions of votes that arrived on time and havent been counted.

Edited by Soxbadger

The guy is unlikable as hell and handles a pandemic terribly, and the Dems still manage to blow it. 

The rioting and looting that happens after a police shooting, regardless of whether it was justified or not absolutely hurt the Democrats. The recent riots in Philly over a completely justified shooting did NOTHING to help the Dems, and I wouldn't be surprised if it shifted the tide for a significant chunk of independent voters. 

2 hours ago, pettie4sox said:

PA does not touch mail in ballots until after the on day ballots are cast.  There are 2.2 million ballots that are mail in.  Those are overwhelming dem.  I am just reporting what was stated.

The problem being that if someone votes mail-in and happens to be dead or otherwise ineligible on election day, that ballot has to be pulled.  So the prudent way is to count those ballots after election day.  If I'm wrong here, pls correct me.

My compliments to all of you for keeping this friendly.

Biden and HRC weren't dynamic, change candidates. 

They never offered an alternative that was attractive or compelling enough. 

Biden might still win, but playing it too safe and getting the majority of your votes for not being Trump isn't a winning strategy.   It really feels like they tried to run out the clock with the lead... and Trump was totally the aggressor over the last couple of weeks and contested the election until the bitter end across the country. 

The Dems could have realistically  run Fauci or Cuomo instead of Biden and won...the age and mental erosion charges really seemed to stick, as well. More came out to vote against Harris than for her, seemingly. 

1 hour ago, Soxbadger said:

Just read Wisconsin has somehow counted 0% of mail in ballots. 

1 hour ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

There are like 2-3 million votes to still count there, mostly from Dem strongholds and early votes have consistently leaned very heavily democrat.

Not that I doubt you guys, but do you have a link to that effect? 

I haven't seen that. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Soxbadger said:

Just read Wisconsin has somehow counted 0% of mail in ballots. 

I can say that’s not necessarily true being a resident here... if I recall correctly, the outstanding mail-in ballots are based in MKE. 

I saw your name and you may be a resident of WI too? 

Edited by Soxnfins

As of right now

244 Biden   Adding NV

231 Trump   Adding AK, NC

Wisconsin 10

Michigan 16

PA  20

Georgia 16    Biden slight favorite according to NY Times predictive needle

If he comes back and wins GA, he just needs one of the three Blue Wall states to overturn Trump leads.   In the Michigan Senate race, Peters was polling way up, there’s just no way a 16 point swing is possible there.

Somehow off by 1 EC vote, coming up with 537 for some reason.

Biden now up by just 8,000 votes with 95% counted in Wisconsin.

Double wow.

Trump up now only 1.4% in Michigan with 13% left to go.

Triple wow.

North Carolina Trump up 1.4% with 6% left to go.

Georgia margin still at 100,000+ in Trump’s favor.

PA still a long way left with 36% outstanding.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Dafuq? 

Biden has Wisconsin firmly. One more state and he wins. And 3 states have enough votes for it to happen.

Provided he holds Nevada which is fairly close (although only mail in votes left to count which favors Biden).  

Looking like Michigan will flip to Biden.  Hoping Pennsylvania or Georgia does so we don’t have to worry about Nevada.

It’s truly amazing to me that there are people in this country who actually believe a President who routinely undermines our democratic institutions is “one of the greatest of all-time”.  Seriously, his “stop counting the votes” demand last night is a complete embarrassment to the free world and you may as well be voting for a fucking dictator as that’s what Trump dreams of being.  Kudos to Chris Christie for going against party lines and actually calling him out.