2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

1 hour ago, hogan873 said:

I'm surprised and pleased that this thread is still alive.  When I started it a while back I fully expected it to be closed by election day.  But SoxTalk continues to be one of the best sites to visit with a bunch of great folks having (for the most part) courteous conversations.

The few times I woke up last night, I went right to this page to see if there were any updates.  I certainly appreciate those who have been relaying what they've heard.

I went to bed last night certain that 2016 was repeating.  Now it seems like Biden has a more clear path to winning.  We won't know for a couple days, I'm sure, but we may have a better idea by later today or tomorrow.  Regardless, this is an historic election.  If there wasn't so much on the line, it could be more enjoyable to watch.

Fess up here, how many times did you wake up?  Your buds at SoxTalk gotta know. 😊

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Step 1:  Rigs courts in favor

Step 2: Rigs system to fail

Step 3: System fails

Step 4: Blame system for failing

Step 5: Takes to court claiming failed system

Which is why he's the greatest politician and showman since PT Barnum. Amazing to watch. 

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

I'm scratching my head at that result. 

I think it just shows how

1) Out of touch establishment Dems are

2) Effective yelling "COMMUNIST" at someone is, when the policies those same people are pushing are incredibly popular. 

6 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I think once the election is called this thread will get locked but I am surprisingly impressed as the decorum so far.  I think there are a few troll poster who stir things up and then everything descends into chaos.

yeah, well you suck, almost as much as tony

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Once the election is over we will close the thread and are going to continue to keep politics off the site.....but we felt it was important to give people an outlet for this event. 

Maybe we'll open the 'Buster back up at some point, we'll see. 

I would take a wager it depends on who gets elected whether the buster gets opened again.  Huge money.

20 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Step 1:  Rigs courts in favor

Step 2: Rigs system to fail

Step 3: System fails

Step 4: Blame system for failing

Step 5: Takes to court claiming failed system

This is exactly right. The states of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan weren't allowed to count their mail-in ballots until election day. Why? Because their Republican legislatures made the rules and said they couldn't. If those states were able to count the absentee ballots early like Florida, you wouldn't have to wait this long to count the votes and there wouldn't be any controversy over the legitimacy of absentee ballots. This is Republicans creating a problem and then trying to cry fraud. 

4 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I would take a wager it depends on who gets elected whether the buster gets opened again.  Huge money.

Nah. All of us, Rs, Ds, and Ind proved that we can't really operate in good faith.  Mods and Admins get accused of being partisan and ignoring some problems and firing up others, posters twist words and troll.

while this event thread has been fairly mild compared to the expectations, I really wouldn't want to be babysitting another Buster anytime soon

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, mqr said:

A conversation around polling and it's value in an internet driven world needs to happen. 

"Trump voters are scared" is way to simple an answer. 

I think that 8% Biden National lead has a very good chance of translating to an accurate popular vote lead and a comparable House of Representatives win. That the electoral college and senate are so close is a testament to how undemocratic they have become as populations have moved and as efforts to suppress minority votes have become more effective.