2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

5 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I just hope that if McConnell is still the senate majority leader that they can still pass bipartisan legislation or hold moderate Republican senators’ feet to the fire and not see them side with McConnell. I get more pissed off when I see McConnell blocking legislation that is more moderate and less progressive. 

Got some bad news for you

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There are plenty in Clayton County alone. Trump will lose GA. He's going to lose PA too. It's over. It's all about running up the electoral count to make lawsuits meaningless. 

Biden could go ahead and then drop behind in a few days. There are still military ballots to be counted and they are generally allowed to come in later. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/10/20/biden-transition-republican-cabinet-429972

Joe Biden is a republican.  That's why Obama picked him for VP, he wanted that moderate/conservative white vote from the suburbs

I shake my head when I see middle class and low income americans vehemently supporting Biden, y'all's lives are gonna get worse lol

Biden voted to confirm Antonin Scalia lol

Lol yourself Scalia was unanimous before we had scumbags running Congress. Bader had two nays. 

11 minutes ago, Danny Dravot said:

I lean right, I voted for Biden (for many reasons). I'm far from alone in that category. That counts as "raising a stink about it", I think.

I don't like presidents going around the balance of power. I didn't like Obama talking about using his pen and his phone, I don't like Trump using interim appointments, and so on. If you are a left-wing president and you have a right-wing Senate, well, strong left-wing policies just aren't going to be your legacy. And vice versa. It's your job to handle it.

I hate that we got off track and seem to do more of that now, but the past is the past. The best way to move forward is to respect our systems as they were established. I wouldn't have voted for POTUS at all if I didn't see a candidate I thought capable of that.

I think that should Biden win, he should nominate whomever he believes would be the best person for the cabinet position. 

I think that McConnell needs to do his job, and bring the nominees to the floor for a vote. That he already plans to block nominees reveals him to be a piece of shyte.

It is equally important for Biden to nominate qualified candidates, as it is for McConnell to debate the nominees on his/her merits. Its the latter part, and McConnells intellectual dishonesty that would warrant him getting the middle finger.

If/when that happens, due to McConnell being a dishonest piece of shyte, no one should b**** about it.

1 minute ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

I think that should Biden win, he should nominate whomever he believes would be the best person for the cabinet position. 

I think that McConnell needs to do his job, and bring the nominees to the floor for a vote. That he already plans to block nominees reveals him to be a piece of shyte.

It is equally important for Biden to nominate qualified candidates, as it is for McConnell to debate the nominees on his/her merits. Its the latter part, and McConnells intellectual dishonesty that would warrant him getting the middle finger.

If/when that happens, due to McConnell being a dishonest piece of shyte, no one should b**** about it.

2016_March_16_Merrick_Garland_profile_by 

Hi.

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Of course, but counting all votes means all votes. Military votes count too.

For sure, thought you were implying Trump would have a good chance coming back based on those and was just raising provisionals would likely prevent a Trump comeback.

Unfortunately putting 20 million off ObamaCare with no national GOP health care plan since the 1980's might be the only way to pressure McConnell or Graham. 

That said, they just had hundreds of millions of dollars and the kitchen sink thrown at them to no avail. 

Let's count down the number of minutes after Biden is officially president-elect before they start arguing about the national debt and there's absolutely no money available without raising taxes on the upper upper middle class/rich and corporations....which of course the Senate will never approve. 

Just now, whitesoxfan99 said:

For sure, thought you were implying Trump would have a good chance coming back based on those and was just raising provisionals would likely prevent a Trump comeback.

Not a good chance. Just that no one should get ahead of themselves and that its possible it could swing back. 

8 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Biden is gonna pick ex Defense contractors and Wall St bankers who should be in prison for his cabinet

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

On Georgia:

But make no mistake: Partisans (and donors) in both parties can do the math we just did.

Which means they, too, know the massively high stakes for the Senate (and the country) at work in Georgia over these next few months. Which means that millions upon millions of dollars will pour into both of these races and they will both get covered like mini-presidential races by the state and national media, since there will be no other elections out there.

Handicapping the two potential runoffs is virtually impossible at the moment because of the level of uncertainty in the presidential race -- and in Georgia in particular. If Biden winds up winning the state, and that's certainly at least a possibility as of this moment, then Democrats may well be energized heading into the runoffs.

Or maybe Republicans, who have long taken the state's conservative bent for granted, will see the two likely Senate runoffs as a chance to reassert their state's ideological lean. Plus, with the amount of money and national media attention (and scrutiny) that will land on all four of these candidates, it's hard to know who will blossom and who will wither.

What we do know for certain is that the 2020 election -- and the battle for the Senate majority -- is far from over. And Georgia is the next battleground.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/05/politics/georgia-senate-jon-ossoff-david-perdue-kelly-loeffler-raphael-warnock/index.html

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

What?

So they can’t convince Murkowski or Collins to vote to narrowly pass legislation, or McConnell just controls all?

McConnell controls all. He decides what bills come to the floor. If he personally doesn’t want a bill to be voted on, it dies. They have to pass a few budget bills otherwise the government shuts down. Otherwise he basically must approve.