2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Jason Miller, the chinless disgusting human being who plays with hookers, hides his income, and doesn't make his child support payments, said Trump will win. 

Had to look him up. Apparently, he mixed an abortifacient into his mistress' smoothie. What a dickhead. Fire him into the sun.

All I have to say at this point is you cannot claim you are patriotic and support a President who literally says, "Stop counting the votes and declare me the winner, everyone knows I won."

These people are always the one who tell you to leave America if you don't like the way things are.

If you support that shit, then maybe YOU ought to move... to North Korea where dictators actually might do shit like that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I remember back to 2016 when Trump's outright racism and ignorance propelled a boost of excitement from the GOP base that we haven't ever seen, and he swept to the top of the polls almost instantly because of it. I see plenty of reasons to suspect that is exactly what the GOP base will continue to want, and if they're running against standard politicians like Pence and Haley...they could go straight for it again. Who else is going to openly court the angry racist and ignorant vote?

I don't think he will leave the spotlight. He likes his rallies too much. He can agitate more as an outsider and foment a stronger fascist movement. I expect him to clean out the White House if he leaves. Quite a hero.

27 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

All I have to say at this point is you cannot claim you are patriotic and support a President who literally says, "Stop counting the votes and declare me the winner, everyone knows I won."

These people are always the one who tell you to leave America if you don't like the way things are.

If you support that shit, then maybe YOU ought to move... to North Korea where dictators actually might do shit like that. 

I forget who I heard say it, but someone said essentially that at some point they have to decide if they love America or Donald Trump more.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

He's got a couple months more to make an even bigger mockery of his office. I think his lame duck status is very dangerous. If there was an adult in the room, they would at least consider a 25th amendment action.

There is something called the National Transition Act which mandates that the outgoing president to assist the new president transition into power. Of course, Trump was never one to worry about legalities although I heard a report that aides have been in touch with Biden people and are cooperating. Otherwise I only hope Trumpie doesn't do anything real dangerous. At least some Republicans have been pushing back at him regarding his claims about election fraud.

2 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I kinda want to see what the dems do with a slight majority in the senate to be honest.

No doubt. I'd like to have both. I appreciate Collins showing a small amount of independence and willingness to cross the aisle. I'd also appreciate a Dem doing the same. I think we need more independence.

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

No doubt. I'd like to have both. I appreciate Collins showing a small amount of independence and willingness to cross the aisle. I'd also appreciate a Dem doing the same. I think we need more independence.

I think her not voting for ACB helped but she's been pretty complicit in the most of Trump's policies. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I think her not voting for ACB helped but she's been pretty complicit in the most of Trump's policies. 

Agreed. But so many votes on so many topics keep going based on straight party lines.

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

Agreed. But so many votes on so many topics keep going based on straight party lines.

I really wish that would end.  If something is good policy it shouldn't matter who came up with the idea.  The partisan tribalism is ruining this country.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I kinda want to see what the dems do with a slight majority in the senate to be honest.

We don't need to rehash this entire conversation from the other night, but I'm actually really excited to see Biden's cabinet picks with progressives being non-starters. I think there could be some really excellent picks.

4 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I really wish that would end.  If something is good policy it shouldn't matter who came up with the idea.  The partisan tribalism is ruining this country.

I agree, but it kinda saves the country too at times.  It’s really hard to make sweeping big changes which is probably a good thing.  

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I forget who I heard say it, but someone said essentially that at some point they have to decide if they love America or Donald Trump more.

The problem is, as easy as it is for us to dissect this type of stuff, these people don't see things this way. They are literally Brainwashed the point where they believe every legitimate Source out there is lying to them but some random guy with an unsubstantiated or unsourced tweet is telling the truth. 

I literally had a family member whom I love very much literally verbatim say to me that they will not be swayed by empirical data.

It's incredible. The power of confirmation bias it's almost unfathomable.

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

Calling for the beheading of fauci and someone else who’s name is escaping me right now. 

Wray, FBI director.

I missed this, actually. Do you have a link to a video or news article? It's so absurd and outlandish it's almost hard to believe.

Edit: never mind, I found it myself: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/06/nyregion/bannon-lawyer-beheading.html

Side note, Steve Bannon is the most schlubbish looking billionaire I've ever seen. If I bumped into him on the street, I'd buy him a sandwich out of pity.

Edited by Danny Dravot

Just now, Danny Dravot said:

Wray, FBI director.

I missed this, actually. Do you have a link to a video or news article? It's so absurd and outlandish it's almost hard to believe.

“I actually want to go a step farther. I’d actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England,” Bannon said in the now-deleted video. “I’d put the heads on pikes, right — I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you are gone.”

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/youtube-twitter-pull-steve-bannons-show-for-death-threats-against-wray-fauci

Just now, RagahRagah said:

The problem is, as easy as it is for us to dissect this type of stuff, these people don't see things this way. They are literally Brainwashed the point where they believe every legitimate Source out there is lying to them but some random guy with an unsubstantiated or unsourced tweet is telling the truth. 

I literally had a family member whom I love very much literally verbatim say to me that they will not be swayed by empirical data.

It's incredible. The power of confirmation bias it's almost unfathomable.

I have said it before, and I will say it again.  I have lived through a lot of incredible politicians.  Reagan/Clinton/Obama top the lists.  They were able to command their group at an amazing level.  But for all three of them, I could totally see what people saw in them, even in the ones I didn't personally care for.  I couldn't stand Bill Clinton, but could totally see WHY people did respect him.  But for all three of them, it did feel like there was an amount of substance to add to why people could follow them.  People agree with their policies and their leadership qualities.  There wasn't the same cult of personality there was with Trump.  With all three of them, it was about them AND the party.  Reagan was a Republican and wanted to lead the party.  Clinton and Obama were Democrats first.  Trump has never been about party, leadership, or country.  It is about him.  He sold himself.  The rest didn't matter.  He would be perfectly willing to destroy this country if it meant he still came out ahead.  I never felt that about any other President until this one.  It really is like a cult.  I fully believe if DJT got on television tonight and told people to start killing Democrats, the USA would look like 1994 Rwanda before dawn.

• Like 4