2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

Please accept the fact about half the country wanted Trump and guess what, they still want Trump. If people accept that maybe we all can get along. If Americans don't get along, the future is very very bleak. Someday maybe people can accept the fact not everybody in this great country is the same.

Its funny, if you substitute "Biden" for "Trump" the speech is still the same in general meaning,  yet we all know it would never happen in a meaningful way. The speech would have been about his tremendous victory,  all of the people who wronged him, and all of the things he was going to do. There would have been zero reconciliation.  He has never even tried to get along with the rest of the country,  in fact he actively paints those who opposite his political views as enemies who should be physically attacked. If you REALLY believed anything you posted after the first sentence,  you wouldn't have been voting for Donald Trump in the first place as he is literally incapable of everything else in your post. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Its funny, if you substitute "Biden" for "Trump" the speech is still the same in general meaning,  yet we all know it would never happen in a meaningful way. The speech would have been about his tremendous victory,  all of the people who wronged him, and all of the things he was going to do. There would have been zero reconciliation.  He has never even tried to get along with the rest of the country,  in fact he actively paints those who opposite his political views as enemies who should be physically attacked. If you REALLY believed anything you posted after the first sentence,  you wouldn't have been voting for Donald Trump in the first place as he is literally incapable of everything else in your post. 

Especially considering who won the popular vote in 2016.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texsox said:

Twitter didn't, the Constitution and courts did. They also prevented him from blocking anyone. After he leaves office he can block anyone and really crank up the echos. 

Neither the constitution nor the courts have any control over a private network’s content decisions, whether that be Twitter or Soxtalk.

25 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Neither the constitution nor the courts have any control over a private network’s content decisions, whether that be Twitter or Soxtalk.

It will be interesting to see how his twitter goes. He will be able to block people simce it won’t be government business anymore, but he has tweeted things that were suspension or total ban worthy in the past, and probably won’t be able to help himself in the future. It wouldn’t surprise me if his post presidential twitter career doesn’t last very long.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

It appears that we are not the ones that need to accept facts

So that's what you got out of my post? Nice. Why always separate the two groups? Why not just say you wish Trump supporters well and you wish for both sides to start getting along?

When you think that half the country approximately wanted Trump, the winning side has to either accept the fact or be like Sunny Hostin and just say half the country, one of every two people you meet, are scumbags and racists and don't deserve to share the same country Biden supporters live in. I wish everybody well and I wish Joe the best of health and success.

Edited by greg775

4 hours ago, NWINFan said:

I see your point, Greg. I'd see it clearer if Trump wasn't such a pathetic excuse for a human being. Maybe with him gone, divisions can be healed or least progress can be made in that area. He was nothing but a loud-mouthed divider.

I hear you and respect your post. But my point is no matter what you think of Trump, 'nearly' 50 percent of voters want him four more years as president. They don't want to fight you over Trump's nature. If it can be proven Trump broke the law, throw him in jail. But do it through the legal system. If people (not you) want to hate on all Trump voters, our country is DESTINED for Civil War II or states seceding.

I do like this line of your post: "Maybe with him gone, divisions can be healed or least progress can be made in that area." I do not like the part that calls the choice of 50 percent of the voters a "pathetic excuse for a human."

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

So that's what you got out of my post? Nice. Why always separate the two groups? Why not just say you wish Trump supporters well and you wish for both sides to start getting along?

When you think that half the country approximately wanted Trump, the winning side has to either accept the fact or be like Sunny Hostin and just say half the country, one of every two people you meet, are scumbags and racists and don't deserve to share the same country Biden supporters live in. I wish everybody well and I wish Joe the best of health and success.

Again if you cared about the other half of the country,  you wouldn't be voting for Trump.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It will be interesting to see how his twitter goes. He will be able to block people simce it won’t be government business anymore, but he has tweeted things that were suspension or total ban worthy in the past, and probably won’t be able to help himself in the future. It wouldn’t surprise me if his post presidential twitter career doesn’t last very long.

Good post. I think he'll be banned before long by Twitter.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Again if you cared about the other half of the country,  you wouldn't be voting for Trump.

You have no right to say I consider Biden voters people I don't care about. You just don't have that right to judge what is in my heart. I do hear what you are saying a lot. Your post implies some bad things. So do you agree with Sunny Hostin that those who punched Trump's name on the ballot are scum and not worthy of your time EVER? I consider those who punched biden's name precious human beings and hold the same affinity for those who took the time to go to the polls and vote DT. I wish the best for everybody and pretty much hope/pray for the best for the USA at all times no matter who is in charge.

Edited by greg775

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If you REALLY believed anything you posted after the first sentence,  you wouldn't have been voting for Donald Trump in the first place as he is literally incapable of everything else in your post. 

Why are you judging people's beliefs and motives? Quite an assumption in telling somebody what they really believe when you have no idea if that is the case.

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You have no right to say I consider Biden voters people I don't care about. You just don't have that right to see what is in my heart. I do hear what you are saying a lot. Your post implies some bad things. So do you agree with Sunny Hostin that those who punched Trump's name on the ballot are scum and not worthy of your time EVER? I consider those who punched biden's name precious human beings and hold the same affinity for those who took the time to go to the polls and vote DT.

Actions speak louder than words. You will never have a unified country with Trump as President because his entire platform is pitting Americans against Americans.  You don't get to talk about unity and acceptance after voting for the opposite. You can ask for forgiveness,  but you don’t get to lecture people to put up standards that you, yourself are not living by. You supported disunity and division. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Right now, basically polling is bad enough that even the campaigns should not be using them.

Amen. Why would any voter tell the truth if asked a question by a pollster? I'd imagine most people fib just to get rid of said pollster. It's nobody's business.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You don't get to talk about unity and acceptance after voting for the opposite. You can ask for forgiveness." ....

Oh my gosh, I'm speechless.

If people think Trump voters have to ask for forgiveness maybe the cause for national unity is laughable. Maybe we should pass a law saying those who voted for the losing candidate (if he is an abrasive jerk as deemed by a nationwide panel of experts) must issue a public declaration asking to be allowed to remain in the country.

Edited by greg775

15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Why not shut the fuck up right now?  I dunno, I am not the one telling other people what they should or should not do.  Weird.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Why not shut the fuck up right now?  I dunno, I am not the one telling other people what they should or should not do.  Weird.  

LOL. I'll shut the fuck up. Nice language. I'm out, mod.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Really I recall a case brought before the 2nd US Court of Appeals that sided against the President. 

28 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Why are you judging people's beliefs and motives? Quite an assumption in telling somebody what they really believe when you have no idea if that is the case.

Not judging others people's beliefs, we're judging Greg775, a character that you created. There is a big difference. 

You've used that character to (in the most negative language used) troll this site, or in a more positive phrase, to challenge the vast majority of poster's opinions. 

You've always known when you are touching the boundaries and I have no doubt that you are aware that you are in spittin' distance of the electric fence. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

31 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Who deemed you the great and all power Wizard of Oz to judge people like this?

You just lectured everyone on not supporting the exact policies and actions you just voted for. I don't know why you think you get to do whatever you want, but expect more of anyone else, but this is exactly why no one treats you with respect.  You don't treat anyone else with respect.  You want unity, act like it. Quit supporting hateful and divisive politicians.  Until then I don't want to hear any demands from you on what the world owes you.  You reap what you sow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Really I recall a case brought before the 2nd US Court of Appeals that sided against the President. 

That was the actions of the President, not the actions of the company. If the president chooses to use a private means to communicate, he is subject to the rules of that company and additional rules due to being the president (which, we should note, he constantly broke, with no consequence).

Apparently in the states Trump won, there was zero election fraud. In the states he lost, it was rampant, and cost him the electoral votes.

Why do his enablers keep placating to his narcissism? 

It is over. Biden will get 306 electoral votes. By Trumps own standards, that is an historic landslide. 

Edited by Dick Allen