2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

What's wrong with airing a grievance through the judicial system? The different branches are what make our country so great. If you have a beef might as well explore all avenues. If your claims are wrong, then accept that. Nothing wrong with contesting what you feel are improprieties if you feel you are wronged in America.

So divisive.  What happened to unity and acceptance?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The Republican Senators from GA called on the Republican SecState to resign and said "when there is evidence of failures they need to be called out." Their statement called out none and gave no evidence of any, just asserted they exist.

Why is loeffler allowed to keep office after that stock sell-off

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Lauren Underwood now up by 3,500 votes, after her opponent tried to declare victory on election night before mail-ins had been counted.

I was surprised that she “lost” initially since she had been one of the more popular members of Congress since 2018 and was well funded. Hopefully she hangs on.

1 hour ago, Danny Dravot said:

Congrats, dude. Good name, too- my own son's name is William Bruce. I do call him Billy Bruce every once in a while just to irritate the Mrs.

Hah! I told my friend what his name is and he immediately said Billy Bob...if we lived in MS. I like your son’s name as well.😀

42 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hopefully this haunts them in their impending election.

It’s going to take some good turnout from voters in the general election to make it at least 51-50 or 50-50 especially since Cunningham appears to have lost. Hopefully one, if not two fall with voters mobilizing for a better than expected turnout. I’d have to look and see but I wonder where Warnock and Ossoff are on the political spectrum.

39 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

This makes me think he wants nothing to do with anything bipartisan that benefits Biden. Though they really should get a coronavirus relief bill done.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Man, the poor Trump cult members aren't going to know what to do as all of their sacred cows get melted down.  No more Fox News even?  Dang.

But how low is the bar that this is noteworthy?

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

What the Democrats need to do is listen to the Republicans and not be mean.  It's time for everyone to come together and compromise.  For the good of the nation.

Play this for all the Georgians who are struggling without a stimulus bill.

How much of the Georgia senators yelling voter fraud a cynical push to keep that particular part of their base frothing at the mouth until the run off and how much do they believe it? 

Edited by mqr

Just now, mqr said:

How much of this the Georgia senators yelling voter fraud a cynical push to keep that particular part of their base frothing at the mouth until the run off and how much do they believe it? 

1.  They want to keep Trump voters voting for them, so they will say whatever it takes for that to happen.

2. They probably don't believe it.

35 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Man, the poor Trump cult members aren't going to know what to do as all of their sacred cows get melted down.  No more Fox News even?  Dang.

I keep tabs on enough Trumpy sites to know that they've loathed Fox News for a while now. They were melting down last Tuesday when Fox dared to call Arizona and Virginia relatively early. They considered it some sort of "et tu, Brute?" moment.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Do you think there is fraud and it cost Trump the election? Weren't you telling us you knew Biden would win all along? Have you changed your tune? Even your man Rush said Trump lost didn't he?

What is all of this BS accomplishing? They are catering to a whiny little orange baby. It's time for it to end. Republicans are scared of him. 

Again thanks for asking. I appreciate it instead of just blasting me since I'm in the minority on this election issue. Do I think there was fraud and it cost DT the election? My answer: You know what, my opinion would be there probably was no fraud. I can't accuse Americans of that without proof. HOWEVER people a lot smarter than me sense fraud and want to clear it up in court, etc. I see no harm in that.

Weren't you telling us you knew Biden would win all along? Have you changed your tune? A: No. I was positive Biden would win. For me it was a no brainer.

Even your man Rush said Trump lost didn't he? A: I haven't listened to Rush in ages believe it or not. I did hear highlights of the show on youtube in which he updated his health situation. In this world of entertainment, Stern has won out for me and I only listen to him in the car, thus no Rush for me.

What is all of this BS accomplishing?  A: He thinks he got robbed and has the right to take it to court. Even Ms. Clinton said on tape that if Joe lost he should under NO CIRCUMSTANCES concede. Did u see that? I did.

No harm in making sure there's no corruption. One thing we know about our great country. Unfortunately there have been a lotta scandals. It does no harm in looking into this. Joe is already working on his staff and tackling COVID, etc. It's not holding him up.

Edited by greg775

38 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

What the Democrats need to do is listen to the Republicans and not be mean.  It's time for everyone to come together and compromise.  For the good of the nation.

I would agree with your statement even tho you probably meant it as sarcasm.

21 minutes ago, mqr said:

How much of the Georgia senators yelling voter fraud a cynical push to keep that particular part of their base frothing at the mouth until the run off and how much do they believe it? 

Considering that the secdef was fired today and replaced with a guy who would not pledge to follow the law on using the intelligence agencies to target Americans, prepping for far more serious actions by the White House is a third option.

1 hour ago, Soxbadger said:

Then file a lawsuit. Quit going online and on tv trying to create chaos. If you have a legitimate case go to court and win.

The fact that they are all over TV/twitter/etc makes it seem like their cases arent credible. I have no idea, I havent seen the evidence. But from what I am hearing none of the major firms/players are willing to touch the cases because there is little to no merit.

/shrugs

That's a fair post. I can see your point(s). I have to be honest. I haven't watched any of Trump's pressers or whine sessions or whatever they are. I've tried to cut back on stuff I watch cause it all makes me so upset. So if that disqualifies me from having an opinion, so be it. I personally think I should share my opinion because there ARE people who think like me out there.

In conclusion, though, If I were Trump I'd just concede and spend the rest of my life (he's old, folks) doing what ex-presidents do, write books, give speeches, do stuff for charity and fade away with the realization you once held the highest office, no more. The ODDS of all the lawsuits changing anything are slim IMO so I'd move on. That's just me.

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

I'm sorry, I seem to remember one person fostering a disparity between mail-in and in-person voting.  Who might that be we may never know 

Ponder for a second what it would do if the Supreme Court  accepted that logic.