2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Where did you read that?

The biggest disaster is hitting, and we have half the country refusing to wear a mask making things so much worse, because Donald Trump said so.

What is really terrible about that is even after Biden is sworn in and issues a national mask mandate, this population will still refuse to wear masks.  The virus became a political issue because of Trump.  Now we're in a situation where only a vaccine will help us get out of this.  And what do you want to bet that there will be those who would have followed Trump blindly if a vaccine had been rushed to the public during his tenure will refuse to get the vaccine when it's released in the spring because it'll be under Biden's leadership?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

The country is never divided when hurricanes blister the south or the coasts. Americans from all over the land join forces with the agencies and head to the trouble spots and save fellow Americans. They even tow their own boats to trouble spots down south to save people off their roofs and save people and their animals. 

But for some reason ... politics. We hate each other's guts and never stop. I read today Democrats are moving to Georgia so they can vote to get the Senate majority. The hatred between Trump Republicans and Democrats is insane especially considering Americans band together for things like attacks from foreign countries and natural disasters. It makes zero sense but this country is totally divided because of politics. But u wait until the next disaster hits ... we'll all help each other day and night. Makes zero sense we can't do it all the time and work together instead of beat each other with baseball bats and start fires in innocent businesses.

Are you fucking kidding me with this bullshit?   Do you remember Trump, three years ago, REFUSING TO HELP PUERTO RICO WHEN LIKE 80% OF THE POPULATION HAD NO POWER?

How about when he drew a fucking sharpie on a weather map so he could be right about a hurricane path that he was fucking wrong about, only to turn around and blame someone else.

Bush declaring brownie was doing a great job when New Orleans was under water and tens of thousands of people were being bussed out and dropped in various locations with a gift card and good bye?

Yea it's always a country unifying event when a hurricane rolls through.

Hey how about when California is on fucking fire and Trump is refusing to send them critical federal aid because he knows it's a blue state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Laura Ingrahm had a guest that claimed he saw Democratic Party election fraud right outside a voting center. They put a shadow over to him and garbled his voice. His voice was so garbled that he could barely be understood. He then told a story that was so unbelievable it was totally laughable. It's amazing that Ingrahm can make a ton of money doing this crap. Regardless,. Trump loyalists are lowering themselves to do just about anything to support their man. It doesn't matter how low they go, or how they degrade themselves. And love of country? I don't see much of it. And where is Trump? He stays out of public view and hides behinds his lawyers and dupes like Ingrahm. Meanwhile, the transition is needlessly delayed and that puts our country at risk. Two things are certain: The Democrats didn't do as well as they wanted in the House and Senate and the orange man got his ass kicked. No recounts or lawsuits will change those things.

• Like 1

I read today Democrats are moving to Georgia so they can vote to get the Senate majority. 

Greg - people can't just move to a state to vote, There are residency laws. This is the type of dumb stuff Trump people buy.  Paranoid things are dreamed up and people go nuts. 

The people of Georgia have the right to vote in this election without this outside sabotaging making things worse. I don't know where you read this, but this is nothing but a bunch of  Trump shit that has dominated the political landscape for the past four years. And now people are dying and the Trumpster is playing golf again.

Over 240,000 dead. Have you read that lately?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

What if I say I disagree with this assertion? You say it with such force like it's 100 percent the truth, no room for discussion. Not debatable? Are you saying half the country (close to half) that wants Donald to win exudes hatred 24/7? And are hateful people?

Don't you see how divisive saying such things with 100 percent certainty can be? What if I picked something about Kamala or AOC or Joe and said something negative with the same forcefulness? I'm pretty sure my forceful "opinion" (your comment is an opinion not fact) would put me in the penalty box for a long long time.

Are you saying it isn't hatred when Donald Trump calls media the "enemy" and that his followers should physically attack them? Or are you saying that isn't hatred?

As my name here indicates, I live in Indiana. I just e-mailed my two GOP senators and told them to get off their cowardly asses and tell Trump to concede. Biden can't govern yet, because we have only have one president at a time. But he can get things moving with a transition that is badly needed. What is going on now is insane. We are facing a real crisis and Trump and his supporters are wallowing in self-pity and paranoia. 

• Like 1

What if I say I disagree with this assertion? You say it with such force like it's 100 percent the truth, no room for discussion. Not debatable? Are you saying half the country (close to half) that wants Donald to win exudes hatred 24/7? And are hateful people?

Don't you see how divisive saying such things with 100 percent certainty can be? What if I picked something about Kamala or AOC or Joe and said something negative with the same forcefulness? I'm pretty sure my forceful "opinion" (your comment is an opinion not fact) would put me in the penalty box for a long long time.

Dude, you really need to stop lumping AOC with Biden if you want anyone to take you seriously

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Are you fucking kidding me with this bullshit?   Do you remember Trump, three years ago, REFUSING TO HELP PUERTO RICO WHEN LIKE 80% OF THE POPULATION HAD NO POWER?

How about when he drew a fucking sharpie on a weather map so he could be right about a hurricane path that he was fucking wrong about, only to turn around and blame someone else.

Bush declaring brownie was doing a great job when New Orleans was under water and tens of thousands of people were being bussed out and dropped in various locations with a gift card and good bye?

Yea it's always a country unifying event when a hurricane rolls through.

Hey how about when California is on fucking fire and Trump is refusing to send them critical federal aid because he knows it's a blue state.

The assertation that the country was "UNITED" after Katrina is absolutely hilarious. 

8749D38A-3E32-40C7-A514-1308AE23FCF2.jpeg

Edited by mqr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Just more evidence how crooked the system is. How do they keep gaining votes after the election and see they are still throwing away Trump ballots.

It will never convince his hardcore followers.

The system isn't crooked. There is no evidence that Trump ballots are being thrown away. There can be any number of reasons this is happening. People can't just "throw away ballots" without fear of prosecution. As far as his hardcore followers are concerned, nothing will convince them of anything except some dreamed up paranoia.

If anyone is guilty of corruption it is Trump and the GOP with their voter suppression and sabotaging of the Postal System. And when a candidate for Governor of Georgia supervised the election as Secretary of State. Or how the Republicans awarded Florida to Bush in 2000. Then in 1968, Richard Nixon did all he could to foil Vietnam peace talks so he could be elected president. Now there is some real crookedness.

It is also strange that the system wasn't crooked when Trump was elected when he lost the popular vote. To hell with his hardcore followers. 

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I have friends who drove their boat down there to immediately to rescue people. They are saints. Wanting to help their fellow man. They did it. I can prove it. My friends didn't ask their political affiliation. THEY HELPED. Not the Puerto Rico one, one of the other hurricanes, Louisiana, etc. I'd appreciate if you quit cussing at me.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

I have friends who drove their boat down there to immediately to rescue people. They are saints. Wanting to help their fellow man. They did it. I can prove it. My friends didn't ask their political affiliation. THEY HELPED. Not the Puerto Rico one, one of the other hurricanes, Louisiana, etc.

Awesome story Greg.  It doesn't change anything that I said.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Where did you read that?

The biggest disaster is hitting, and we have half the country refusing to wear a mask making things so much worse, because Donald Trump said so.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/democrats-want-you-to-move-to-georgia-to-vote-in-the-senate-runoffs/

Do a google it's all over the map

12 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Awesome story Greg.  It doesn't change anything that I said.

It backs up what I said about people pulling together in crisis, which you weirdly freaked out on me, not understanding my point. My point is people in America band together and help in times of crisis yet hit each other with bats over politics.

Check your first sentence. Nice language again. Why the venom. Can't we just discuss things? I offered to depart this thread if people don't want my takes on this issue. The offer stands. Nobody has said please leave yet.

Edited by greg775

Just now, greg775 said:

It backs up what I said about people pulling together in crisis, which you weirdly freaked out on me, not understanding my point. Check your first sentence. Nice language again.

But Trump didn't with Coronavirus, he pitted states against each other, and helped those based on who voted for him. With Puerto Rico, he was indifferent. He didn't care until there was a photo op, so he tossed some paper towels to viciims.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mqr said:

The assertation that the country was "UNITED" after Katrina is absolutely hilarious. 

8749D38A-3E32-40C7-A514-1308AE23FCF2.jpeg

I could write an essay on all the heroes in the American public who drove their boats down there to help people. My point was Americans are inherently good to each other and band together when they need each other ... cept for politics. Talk about politics and it's screaming and hollering.

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

It backs up what I said about people pulling together in crisis, which you weirdly freaked out on me, not understanding my point. My point is people in America band together and help in times of crisis yet hit each other with bats over politics.

Check your first sentence. Nice language again. Why the venom. Can't we just discuss things?

It's anecdotal Greg, and the actual result after these tragedies shows that your point is largely trash.

honestly I'm fucking done with your bullshit and dragging threads down with your pretend aw shucks shit.  I will swear all I want because this is, down to its core, bullshit.  

This country is pitted against each other because of actual fake news, you fall for it hook line and sinker every damn time and then come here asking us all why we disagree.  You do zero research, your points are anecdotal at best.

im just done with you.  I didn't weirdly freak out on you, I told you your point sucked and in fact it is wrong.  One guy with a fishing boat doesn't change a damn thing 

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 2

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

But Trump didn't with Coronavirus, he pitted states against each other, and helped those based on who voted for him. With Puerto Rico, he was indifferent. He didn't care until there was a photo op, so he tossed some paper towels to viciims.

I wasn't talking about Trump, he's old news, he's gone, the FORMER president. I'm talking about the common American and trying to suggest Americans can start working together as they do in crisis when they risk their own lives to help others. Trump's crimes are well known, but like I said, I'm moving on. He's gonzo. It's Joe time and I'd prefer unity in the USA as there was under Obama. at least I perceived us being relatively united under BO.

Edited by greg775

7 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

National Review makes Fox News look fair and balanced.

Badger I really didn;'t want to link to five stories but I found three in about 20 seconds if you want me to. It's a simple google to find the stories.

Edited by greg775

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

I wasn't talking about Trump, he's old news, he's gone, the FORMER president. I'm talking about the common American and trying to suggest Americans can start working together as they do in crisis when they risk their own lives to help others. Trump's crimes are well known, but like I said, I'm moving on. He's gonzo. It's Joe time and I'd prefer unity in the USA as there was under Obama. at least I perceived us being relatively united under BO.

If you think everyone is pulling in the same direction with coronavirus, I have no idea what you are watching.

• Like 2