Pro Tony La Russa Hiring Poster Here

KnightsOnMintSt

I know there is another thread for TLR, but it seems more like a Tony LaRussa bashing thread. I thought I would start a thread for those of us that would like to see the White Sox hire Tony LaRussa. I couldn't care less about his age, and I believe that he would be an incredible asset to the organization. This is a young team with an incredible amount of talent, and I think a Hall of Famer like LaRussa would be fantastic in that clubhouse.

Edited by KnightsOnMintSt
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I know there is another thread for TLR, but it seems more like a Tony LaRussa bashing thread. I thought I would start a thread for those of us that would like to see the White Sox hire Tony LaRussa. I couldn't care less about his age, and I believe that he would be an incredible asset to the organization. This is a young team with an incredible amount of talent, and I think a Hall of Famer like LaRussa would be fantastic in that clubhouse.

Having a 100 year old dude try to connect with 25 year old's seems like a great asset for the club house.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Having a 100 year old dude try to connect with 25 year old's seems like a great asset for the club house.

Yep. Of all of the guys that the Sox would hire, Tony L. seems like the most strange to me as making sense going forward. To me, it would be a complete shot in the bow to Hahn and I think that Hahn would pretty much leave if Reinny put LaRussa in charge of the team and gave him complete control which I think LaRussa would demand. And for how long would Reinny think Tony would stay as the manager? This really doesn't make much sense to me. LaRussa has been away from on field baseball for awhile. They need to hire a younger guy that can motivate the young talent that they have.

I am not a fan, but I think the "can't relate to today's players" is less a thing in baseball than other sports. My take away from the team led by TA and Jose and Giolito is they want to be great, and regardless of our impressions, I think they will look at him as a 3 time world series manager and not an old retread.

Players want to win and be respected. It's not like he's bear bryant going to make them run windsprints in 100 degree heat for conditioning.

• Like 1

TLR needs to address his political statements if he is hired to be coach. This being said, I think he'd be a great hire for our team. He is a great manager and would bring national attention and respect to our team. If he is hired, I assume he'd be on board with today's game and grooming a future replacement. I also think that he could encourage Jerry to spend money as they'd love to finish what they started in the 70's before they leave. For me the only other realistic option is AJ Hinch, as I think Bochy won't unretire. 

2 hours ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I am in your camp. I don't know that he would be my top choice, but I don't think he is a bad choice and I absolutely think he can win a ring with the southsiders.  IT does mean we are having another mgr conversation in 2-3 more years though, but that is okay if they have made the playoffs each of those years and won at least one championship :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I am not a fan, but I think the "can't relate to today's players" is less a thing in baseball than other sports. My take away from the team led by TA and Jose and Giolito is they want to be great, and regardless of our impressions, I think they will look at him as a 3 time world series manager and not an old retread.

Players want to win and be respected. It's not like he's bear bryant going to make them run windsprints in 100 degree heat for conditioning.

I almost feel the opposite; you ever spend 200 straight days around someone? If you can't connect with them, they rub you the wrong way by about day 10. 

In football and basketball, at least you have more time away from the dick head coach ha.