MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

25 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Yeah it's honestly pathetic that this isn't resolved yet.

20 minutes ago, flavum said:

It really has to be resolved before the position player free agent and trade market can get going full steam. I mean, we’re probably headed to radical realignment by the end of this decade anyway. Just end it and go full DH.

The article from Nightengale below paints a bleak picture on the universal DH situation. Officials think it will not be resolved until Spring. That’s a whole winter without any resolution and you now have 235 free agents on the market. It’s got to get resolved as soon as possible. 

Edited by maloney.adam

48 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Yeah it's honestly pathetic that this isn't resolved yet.

44 minutes ago, flavum said:

It really has to be resolved before the position player free agent and trade market can get going full steam. I mean, we’re probably headed to radical realignment by the end of this decade anyway. Just end it and go full DH.

32 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

The article from Nightengale below paints a bleak picture on the universal DH situation. Officials think it will not be resolved until Spring. That’s a whole winter without any resolution and you now have 235 free agents on the market. It’s got to get resolved as soon as possible. 

It’s by design, owners want a flooded free agent market and an excuse to not sign anyone. 

DH could be in place this second, but it’s not because owners want to screw over players, and they want another pathetic 16 team playoff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's actually far better than the general population, where its closer to 99% going to 1%. If that means mlb players are getting screwed over, the rest of us are getting a prison shower broom handle

Edited by Vulture
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Daniels is still in charge though

I have no other Chicago based reference points for a president of baseball operations and a general manager both being experienced baseball people. Can you give examples of two ways that might work and what would happen if the owner overruled them to hire his drinking buddy?

3 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I wonder what Realmuto will do if McCann signs with the Mets.  I bet Cohen doesn't like bidding against himself.  It seems like everything is Mets this, Mets that, but they are only going to sign so many players for so many positions.  Oh what will become of he who does not sign with the Mets?

High dollar 1 year deal from someone?

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Jays, Astros and Rangers/Phil/Yankees can’t be counted out 

Tbh I would count out the Yankees, they are in the tax already and offer Arb to Sanchez. I don’t think the Rangers believe they can compete. The Astros need a catcher but they don’t have money for a multi year upgrade. Phillies sure! But they haven’t gotten it done yet, they’re an ideal place for a 1 year $20 million deal. Jays maybe, but they’re in on everything right?

21 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Tbh I would count out the Yankees, they are in the tax already and offer Arb to Sanchez. I don’t think the Rangers believe they can compete. The Astros need a catcher but they don’t have money for a multi year upgrade. Phillies sure! But they haven’t gotten it done yet, they’re an ideal place for a 1 year $20 million deal. Jays maybe, but they’re in on everything right?

The Nationals another team rumored to be interested.