MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

44 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Nope. He pitched for Sox.

But there was one guy, I think Santana, whose contract was not guaranteed that year and I think we paid out only a tiny fraction of it. It was the difference between wasting $55 and $52 million in 2019 or something like that.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

What if they signed Bauer?  Would you STFU?

What if a unicorn flies by?

"Would you STFU?" When you have to say things like that it's because you don't have a real argument. Childish nonsense.

Is Jack a constant pessimist? Sure. He's also absolutely right.

I would take what the Cubs had the last 5 years or so over ours and this coming year as well (provided they don't sign any big fish), easy. Extensive run and a WS title? Yes, please. Old man Jerry is likely about to punt this entire rebuild.

Sucks to be a Cubs fan right now? Nah, being a Sox fan has been vastly worse, don't kid your fucking self. 

Before last season, the Padres might have been the most irrelevant team on baseball. Just over a year later, it's clearly us while they are making great strides towards putting their core around proven winners to make a run and optimize their contention. How nice that must be.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

Just now, RagahRagah said:

"Would you STFU?" When you have to say things like that it's because you don't have a real argument. Childish nonsense.

I would take what the Cubs had the last 5 years or so over ours and this coming year as well (provided they don't sign any big fish), easy. Extensive run and a WS title? Yes, please. Old man Jerry is likely about to punt this entire rebuild.

Sucks to be a Cubs fan right now? Nah, being a Sox fan has been vastly worse, don't kid your fucking self. 

Before last season, the Padres might have been the most irrelevant team on baseball. Just over a year later, it's clearly us while they are making great strides towards putting their core around proven winners to make a run and optimize their contention. How nice that must be.

Posts like this are why I dont post much anymore. 

Sox fans are insufferable man. 

"Clearly the most irrelevant team in baseball." Wow. 

15 minutes ago, scs787 said:

If reality is why you don't post anymore, that is your problem. Life is not all sunshine and rainbows, man. You have to accept the bad.

Yes, irrelevant. And a joke. After what they pulled with Machado, Jay and Alonso, TLR and various other situations they made it clear this is a bush league organization that doesn't take winning seriously enough. 

That is simply reality. If you find reality insufferable and need everyone to have happy blinders on then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Fire 2

12 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

If reality is why you don't post anymore, that is your problem. Life is not all sunshine and rainbows, man. You have to accept the bad.

Yes, irrelevant. And a joke. After what they pulled with Machado, Jay and Alonso, TLR and various other situations they made it clear this is a bush league organization that doesn't take winning seriously enough. 

That is simply reality. If you find reality insufferable and need everyone to have happy blinders on then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Some people want to walk around like 

image.jpeg

The Sox may very well win a World Series despite their best efforts to sabotage this window but what good is flexibility if you never use it? 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RagahRagah said:

Then why are you still here? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

We're still here because despite our best efforts, we just can't quit the Sox. 

If I could wave a magic wand and never like sports again I'd do it. I like them too much. There are so many things I'd rather do. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

16 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Pretty sure he said you are insufferable rather than reality

I grasp that.

All I am doing is stating things that are true. Why so many people always have to hear happy things even when they aren't true is beyond my comprehension.

16 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Why is any fan of any bad team still there? How many seasons did the Royals go without making the playoffs? Wanna question their frustrations, too?

Sorry but it's a pointless question. Me "being here" means I have to have my head in the sand and deny when things suck? That's stupid.

Deflect, deflect, deflect. Reminds me of another classic: "If you don't love America then why don't you just LEAVE?!"

Useless.

Edited by RagahRagah

3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Why is any fan of any bad team still there?

Sorry but it's a pointless question. Me "being here" means I have to have my head in the sand and deny when things suck? That's stupid.

Complaining about them now when probably 85 percent of free agents are still available is just being impatient IMO.  If things suck about the Sox right now, then 20 other teams would sure like to suck.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Complaining about them now when probably 85 percent of free agents are still available is just being impatient IMO.  If things suck about the Sox right now, then 20 other teams would sure like to suck.

Deductive reasoning. The Sox aren't signing Springer or Bauer. We both know it. How many times can you fool Sox fans the same way over and over? Sorry, I'm not naive. 

And no matter what happens, win-win for me. If we do get one or both, I'm happy to be wrong. If I'm wrong, doesn't matter; probability was in my favor. Being wrong is ok if you had the correct mindset. It happens. Too many people here do not use logic in their thinking process.

And again, compared to the Cubs last 5+ years? That's been worse than our same time period?

So much deflection. People are just so resistant to grant the point.

Edited by RagahRagah

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

Deductive reasoning. The Sox aren't signing Springer or Bauer. We both know it. How many times can you fool Sox fans the same way over and over? Sorry, I'm not naive. 

And no matter what happens, win-win for me. If we do get one or both, I'm happy to be wrong. If I'm wrong, doesn't matter; probability was in my favor. Being wrong is ok if you had the correct mindset. It happens. Too many people here do not use logic in their thinking process.

They’re not getting either, and anyone who thought they would was too optimistic. Too many Sox fans, especially on twitter, are acting like the Sox are the only team trying to compete and only team allowed to acquire players.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fathom said:

They’re not getting either, and anyone who thought they would was too optimistic. Too many Sox fans, especially on twitter, are acting like the Sox are the only team trying to compete and only team allowed to acquire players.

Exactly my point. Yet year after year we get the constant "Wait and see first before you flip out!" naive responses. Putting your head in the sand only makes things worse. And lord knows the organization needs incentive.

• Love 1

51 minutes ago, fathom said:

You’re right, but the issue I have is they rushed into an Adam Eaton signing in order to save money for “other needs”.  That shows they are planning to operate on the cheap this offseason, even if there are hopefully more moves to come.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

Keep posting. The “block” feature makes this board exponentially better. There are some great posters with fantastic insight. And you should look forward to engaging with them. The nice thing about the “block” is that you don’t have to look away with one eye open, tempted to take a peek. It filters out the garbage posters automatically. I have used it on several, and it’s part of the reason this is my most-visited website in my downtime. 

Edited by Sox72
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Well the problem is we aren't really trying.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’re right, but the issue I have is they rushed into an Adam Eaton signing in order to save money for “other needs”.  That shows they are planning to operate on the cheap this offseason, even if there are hopefully more moves to come.

Oh I agree it sucks they’re not spending more money. Everyone knows they need a new owner. With that said, they still should be a really good team for the next 5 years.

50 minutes ago, fathom said:

Oh I agree it sucks they’re not spending more money. Everyone knows they need a new owner. With that said, they still should be a really good team for the next 5 years.

No arguments. It's annoying that they're just hoping the group they have is good enough and refusing to fill holes with anything other than 1 year stopgaps. 

• Like 2