MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

Feel like Moose has to play for the White Sox before his career is over, I’m all in on a Moose and Gray/Castillo even if it costs Kopech and Madrigal, that puts the Sox as favorites in the AL hands down!

Jerry won’t take the contract on but if he decides to have a sudden change of heart I think this is the move.

C2FDA149-120A-4702-8F72-D0F8320EBA72.jpeg

Edited by Rey21
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Feel like Moose has to play for the White Sox before his career is over, I’m all in on a Moose and Gray/Castillo even if it costs Kopech and Madrigal, that puts the Sox as favorites in the AL hands down!

Jerry won’t take the contract on but if he decides to have a sudden change of heart I think this is the move.

C2FDA149-120A-4702-8F72-D0F8320EBA72.jpeg

No way. Taking on Moose reduces the cost in prospects/players it would take to trade for Castillo/Gray.

43 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I think that's literally what he just did. Probably should've happened sooner

I think they are planning for that by not signing people and cutting costs.

If the season is 162 games, they pay their full salaries, but almost the whole league is going to start the season with attendance restrictions. So either you lose money or you have an extra salary restriction.

8 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Suarez + Castillo interests me. IDK where Suarez could play, but maybe him 3b and Moncada at 2b with Madrigal going back in the trade for them? For that package I'd be willing to give Madrigal ++ much more, maybe a Kopech or Cease, + more. 

I wouldn’t want to move Moncada off third, he’s too good there.

8 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I think they are planning for that by not signing people and cutting costs.

If the season is 162 games, they pay their full salaries, but almost the whole league is going to start the season with attendance restrictions. So either you lose money or you have an extra salary restriction.

It's a different kind of strike....

While the NL has two elite clubs in the Dodgers and Padres, the AL is wide open. Just look at some of the players these 2020 AL playoff teams have subtracted this offseason (assuming those who haven't moved already don't re-sign).

Signing Springer would lessen the team’s reliance on Luis Robert, who won a Gold Glove Award in center field but had a .409 OPS and a 34% strikeout rate in September, and 2019 No. 3 overall Draft pick Andrew Vaughn, who hasn’t played above Class A Advanced. It would also make a bounceback season from Eaton (.669 OPS in 2020) less imperative and allow Eloy Jiménez (-14 OAA in ’19-20) to see more time at DH.

https://www.mlb.com/news/george-springer-biggest-free-agent-impact

Not reviving the long dead Springer threads, it's just amazing how badly MLB.com wants Springer to the Sox to be a narrative.

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Not reviving the long dead Springer threads, it's just amazing how badly MLB.com wants Springer to the Sox to be a narrative.

Not as bad as we want it.

I'd love for there to be something on it but we all know it isn't happening as JR is not going to balloon the payroll that high and honestly if we by some crazy chance in hell are gonna add one more big contract I think most of us agree it should be Bauer.

Edited by RagahRagah