MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Just read that MLB will not require proof of vaccination, but health and safety standards will include pod seating, mandatory mask-wearing, and social distancing in lines. State/local authorities and teams can impose additional restrictions.

Per MLB on FOX

I got vaccinated and they gave me a card. That card will probably be needed to go anywhere. 

53 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He still makes sense for the White Sox...  Play DH and LF this year.  If he comes back to life, you decline Eatons option and have Beni as his filler next year.. It does indeed make a lot of sense IF you think he has some game left.. I personally do.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

9 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

He still makes sense for the White Sox...  Play DH and LF this year.  If he comes back to life, you decline Eatons option and have Beni as his filler next year.. It does indeed make a lot of sense IF you think he has some game left.. I personally do.

He sucks. 

• Like 1

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Right, but different times.  Sox were losing 100 games when Giolito was a project.  You can't afford projects when looking to contend for a World Series. 

meh, I'd argue differently with our offense looking the way it is.  And if it doesn't work, Vaughn comes up in a couple months, and then he is relegated to a backup role.. Seems like very little risk.

3 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Right, but different times.  Sox were losing 100 games when Giolito was a project.  You can't afford projects when looking to contend for a World Series. 

Not necessarily correct. Balta essentially made that argument regarding Madrigal. 

In this instance, the Sox have a pretty stacked lineup. A team this consistent isn't going to be broken by one guy trying to put things together. 

(I'm personally not interested in Beni, though)

Edited by RagahRagah

22 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I like that we previously had interest in him out of college and his potential with a change of scenery... but that’s about it.

It seems like the Red Sox could use a high upside starter and the White Sox could use a high upside corner OF who has the ability to play RF, as well as an extra bat until Vaughn is ready. Both are former top prospects who had a promising 2018 and have declined ever since. Both are good change of scenery candidates. It seems like a good fit. It won't happen, but I think it would be a good move from which both teams would have a decent chance of benefitting.

6 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

It seems like the Red Sox could use a high upside starter and the White Sox could use a high upside corner OF who has the ability to play RF, as well as an extra bat until Vaughn is ready. Both are former top prospects who had a promising 2018 and have declined ever since. Both are good change of scenery candidates. It seems like a good fit. It won't happen, but I think it would be a good move from which both teams would have a decent chance of benefitting.

Yup