MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would bet money that Bryant will be gone before the season starts.  It sounds like they thought about non-tender, but noticed a trade market so they were going to explore that.

I would bet they could get something for him.  Probably a couple of decent prospects but Lester stating the cubs couldn't match $5M really shows their hand and puts them at a disadvantage.

3 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I would bet they could get something for him.  Probably a couple of decent prospects but Lester stating the cubs couldn't match $5M really shows their hand and puts them at a disadvantage.

He's been bad and unhealthy the past couple of years. They're definitely not getting much. I think they hold onto him and try to move him mid-season (maybe even as May if he's playing well) to not have to pay the full salary.

19 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

He's been bad and unhealthy the past couple of years. They're definitely not getting much. I think they hold onto him and try to move him mid-season (maybe even as May if he's playing well) to not have to pay the full salary.

That's a risk if he sucks early but he does have something to play for.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Cubs know their window is somewhere between closing and closed, and their debt levels combined with zero revenue are putting them in a spot where they are probably in trouble with the MLB rules for debt versus revenue, as they were really highly leveraged even before the pandemic happened.

Their "window" has slammed shut.  This would be an excellent time for JR & company to step on the gas.  This town is there for the taking.🙂

1 hour ago, manbearpuig said:

He had a .900 ops in 147 games in 2019.

4 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Kris Bryant is being paid 19.5 million dollars this year. That's going to destroy any trade value he has/had. He's coming off some lackluster seasons, no one should pay 19.5 million for him. I'd love for the White Sox to take him off the Cubs hands for a year (for nothing). 

34 minutes ago, Wisebri224 said:

So, does this take Nelson Cruz as a possibility out completely?  We don't have $15 million for a bat.........I was just hoping for a cherry on top of our sweet offense since it looks like we are gonna lay low on SP.

We are either going to sign another SP or trade for one. I don’t understand why some people think we are just going to stay pat for the rest of the offseason.

Edited by maloney.adam

Quick Rotoworld Blurb on Brad hand saying that the Angels are emerging as favorites, but interestingly notes that the White Sox were interested in Hand as well. Not sure if their interest was prior to Hendriks or still ongoing. Wouldn't mind a Hand signing.