MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

18 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

We are either going to sign another SP or trade for one. I don’t understand why some people think we are just going to stay pat for the rest of the offseason.

I'm not saying they stay pat, I just figure if they are going to wait for the cheapest SP option (maybe 5-6 million), that maybe they would spend $10 million on a DH type, but if the market for high end DH is $16 million, we can't (won't) do that.

14 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I still don't like their offense. They've got some offensive holes once you get past their 4/5.

Second in the NL in runs scored in 2020, 1 behind Los Angeles. Lose Ozuna but swap in Realmuto and...still one of the top NL offenses presumably.

1 hour ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

Damn, that would be a bomb-ass team.

Yep. Dodgers, Padres, Braves, and possibly the Mets will all be pretty good. Only one of them can advance to the WS though so it doesn't matter from our standpoint. We just need the talent to spread around in the AL and leave our division. 

Almost February and if you had to make a team out of the available free agents you'd definitely be able to make a playoff team ... world series even? Probably not world series ... but definitely think this is an issue MLB needs to start figuring out. Every year is this going to be the norm? Have decent players just go unrostered into the spring training and the season? 

SP - Bauer, Tanaka, Odorizzi, Paxton, T. Walker 

CP - Hand 

C - Reamulto 

1B - Justin Turner 

2B - Semien 

3B - Didi 

SS - Andrelton Simmons 

LF Marcell Ozuna

CF - JBJ

RF - Joc Pederson/Puig

DH -  Nelson Cruz

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Almost February and if you had to make a team out of the available free agents you'd definitely be able to make a playoff team ... world series even? Probably not world series ... but definitely think this is an issue MLB needs to start figuring out. Every year is this going to be the norm? Have decent players just go unrostered into the spring training and the season? 

CP - Hand 

C - Reamulto 

1B - Justin Turner 

2B - Semien 

3B - Didi 

SS - Andrelton Simmons 

LF Marcell Ozuna

CF - JBJ

RF - Joc Pederson/Puig

DH -  Nelson Cruz

I'll give them a wild card.

36 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

CP - Hand 

C - Reamulto 

1B - Justin Turner 

2B - Semien 

3B - Didi 

SS - Andrelton Simmons 

LF Marcell Ozuna

CF - JBJ

RF - Joc Pederson/Puig

DH -  Nelson Cruz

That's kind of amazing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrianAnderson said:

CP - Hand 

C - Reamulto 

1B - Justin Turner 

2B - Semien 

3B - Didi 

SS - Andrelton Simmons 

LF Marcell Ozuna

CF - JBJ

RF - Joc Pederson/Puig

DH -  Nelson Cruz

MLB Offseason could definitely use some changes, but I think all/most of these guys will be signing within the next 2-3 weeks. 

Assuming that  the White Sox have something left in their International Pool money and they use it to sign Colas right now for less than his market value.

How long would it be before the White Sox could extend him to  a longer term major league Contract (i.e., two years plus option)?

I guess I am trying to figure out a way to do what the White Sox and Colas want to do but can't because of the International signing rules.

There has to be a way to do what both sides want.

9 hours ago, tray said:

Assuming that  the White Sox have something left in their International Pool money and they use it to sign Colas right now for less than his market value.

How long would it be before the White Sox could extend him to  a longer term major league Contract (i.e., two years plus option)?

I guess I am trying to figure out a way to do what the White Sox and Colas want to do but can't because of the International signing rules.

It would have to be long enough that you could convince MLB that it was a legitimate extension like they have given to others.  Realistically, he would need to be on the verge of a call up, or already called up.

9 hours ago, tray said:

There’s not. He can’t really sign officially until January 15,2022

6 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

gosh we are missing everyone (I'm not mad, because we have been active).. But jeeeezus we are gunna be stuck with Cahill and Collins.. Both will require trading prospects at the deadline.. grrrr

Romine is terrible though. I’d rather they take their chances with Collins.

• Like 1