MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Sox aren't going to promise him a starting rotation spot all year.  That instantly puts the Sox as playing from behind.

20 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Then just pay the man. Only 1 of these teams has Pujols's contract in the way. 1 year, $10 million would not have been a bad contract for the White Sox.

You guys must have missed it. He already signed with the Angels.

8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I’d say it was more of the opposite. Quintana wanted to sign with a manager he liked and could trust.

Quintana, like every player except possibly Keuchel, likes Ricky Renteria, and he likes Joe Maddon. Only one option was available in 2021.

Quintana also liked Cooper, so he really had no ties left in the Sox clubhouse. Not sure if the Sox even gave him an offer, but they should of. Definitely a much better option then TLDR’s fucking 40 year old Adam Wainwright option, a pitcher his own team either doesn’t want or doesn’t want beyond a cheap take it or leave it offer.

Interesting take. One of the things might be going on is Rick has to run everything by Tony and Tony may want to sign Wainwright and Molina. We have a three headed management monster right now. Missing out on Q was bad form. 

13 hours ago, pcq said:

Interesting take. One of the things might be going on is Rick has to run everything by Tony and Tony may want to sign Wainwright and Molina. We have a three headed management monster right now. Missing out on Q was bad form. 

Wainwright and Molina would make me happy at this point.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Mets should sign Bauer and then go and trade JD Davis for Kris Bryant.  That would be a fun team to watch!

Looks like they have Bauer in the bag...

I think they will definitely upgrade after Bauer once more somewhere and I think you are spot on about 3b and possibly Bryant. 

Jose Ramirez might be the next Indians star on the move...

I'd say the likelihood that a trade happens is around 25%, but if it does, the Atlanta Braves make a TON of sense.

Trade Waters + Pache for Ramirez? Indians OF gets a massive upgrade, braves get a star to join Freeman/Acuna/Albies for 3 years.

I'd love our Sox to get J-ram, but obviously the fit isn't really there. 

3 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I'd say the likelihood that a trade happens is around 25%, but if it does, the Atlanta Braves make a TON of sense.

Trade Waters + Pache for Ramirez? Indians OF gets a massive upgrade, braves get a star to join Freeman/Acuna/Albies for 3 years.

I bet Austin Riley goes back to Cleveland in a deal.

15 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

My goodness the NL would be loaded. This would start feeling like the NBA in terms of one loaded conference and one weak one. 

1 hour ago, iWiN4PreP said:

That's Dan Clark. He's a fraud, I thought we've been over this already. 

9 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The Sox better hope Rodon doesn't throw too good.  

Still can’t believe a team like the Astros hasn’t signed him and told him to throw his slider way more than he has and ditch the change up.  He will throw well I’m sure in the showcase.