MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I do wish him well. I always liked him, and liked his attitude. He was put in a very unfair position last year. Even if it's with the Cubs, I hope he can somehow turn things around.

I do agree with this. If Crochet doesn't leave with an injury, he likely pitches 2+ innings, moving everyone else back and Rodon likely even takes the ball.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

All though I will say, going back to what Ptac said about his motion back to day one, I wonder if there is a fix that can be made to alleviate those issues?

I wouldn't mind bringing him back on a minor league deal personally, worth like $2 mill if he makes the team to find out. But I wouldn't count on him for much. Would want to sign another MLB arm + him for depth.

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

All though I will say, going back to what Ptac said about his motion back to day one, I wonder if there is a fix that can be made to alleviate those issues?

You have to wonder if altering his motion will take away(even more) what made him special

35 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Also a fair question.  Then again, he hasn't really been special, and is on the verge of falling out of baseball with another season or two like he has just had.

What Rodon had that was supposedly special was a wicked slider and mid 90s heat from the left side. 

Unfortunately for him, his fastball command has been god awful, he's been injured often and is now in the low 90s with the fastball, and he has not been able to develop a 3rd pitch. Rodon could possibly still have a career ahead of him if he's willing to move to the bullpen, but......idk if he can ever throw enough strikes to stick. He looks to be one of those guys who has good to great stuff, but can't throw strikes or locate to save his life.