MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Ted is a fool.

Yeah, that guy is a joke on Twitter. He's the first and only Twitter account that I've ignored/blocked. 

He's an emotional mess quite often and goes from being highly logical and smart to incredibly irrational in a matter of tweets.

Honestly, these moves by the Twins in the last few weeks have been strong. They are definitely the top dogs in the AL Central until proven otherwise.

Just an absolute shame our front office with so much room under the lux tax can't get a star like Bauer or Ozuna to the team. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

So Joc (7) + Q (8) + Colome (5) + 3 million = Hendriks (12) + Rodon (3) + Eaton (8)

Former or Latter?

Former all day for me. Hendriks is the best player in the group but he upgrades at the least-needed point. 

Even better, the 3 million could have still gotten you Rodon on top.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So Joc (7) + Q (8) + Colome (5) + 3 million = Hendriks (12) + Rodon (3) + Eaton (8)

Former or Latter?

I go with Hendriks because Q sucks, Colome isn't nearly as good, and 3 mil means nothing to me. Joc > Eaton but Hendriks is the only valuable piece there, even if he is overpaid. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I'll take what the Sox have. This comparison also isn't fair. They tried to get both Joc and Q and both players bet on themselves and tried for more.

This defense doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Part of negotiating is understanding how the market is going to move and evolve. Joc may have asked for 10 million then, but all that matters is what he signed for. There's no reason the Sox had to rush to sign Adam Eaton; as if someone else was going to swoop in and steal such a stellar player from out underneath them. Waiting for low-to-mid-level free agents has been the MO the past 5 off-seasons but the Sox apparently haven't learned that yet.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 3:33 PM, iWiN4PreP said:

so, IDK, I feel like this might deserve it's own thread... but I'm just going to post here regarding Ozuna/Cruz/No DH in NL.

With no DH in the NL, that means Nelson Cruz is going to an AL team and more than likely Marcell Ozuna SHOULD go to a AL Team.

It begs the question... do any NL teams take on Marcell's terrible defense ? Does Marcell go for a one year contract again?

I would imagine that Ozuna is looking to get PAID as he deserves it, but I also imagine there are very little suitors out there. Could be an ideal time to get Ozuna locked up for 3-4 years if you are the White Sox... just saying.

AL TEAMS and their DH situation:

BAL - Complete rebuild, will need to use DH spot for the plethora of young OF/1b types they have. So No.
TB - I don't see TBR spending the money for either. Not impossible, but I'll say NO.
NYY - Ozuna was linked to NYY earlier in the offseason but that made no sense to me. They've spent money on pitchers, closing into the luxury tax. They have Stanton as DH, and OF is pretty set, so I see this as a NO.
BOS - NVM They have JD, NO. 
TOR - As it stands, DH is not a concern. They have Teoscar/Randal Girchuk/Rowdy Tellez as all possibilities and one or two of them need the DH spot anyway. So no, unless they get creative with a trade this late in the offseason.

CWS - budget concerns, but open DH... LETS GO OZUNA!
MIN - 95% Certainty that Nelson Cruz just ends up here. So Yes to Cruz.
DET - Rebuilding, would be shocking if they went here, No.
KC - Rebuilding, would be shocking if they went here, No.
CLE - Franmil Reyes and Eddie Rosario are both awful defenders and in need of the DH. So no.

HOU - Yordan Alvarez. No.
LAA - LAA has the corpse of Pujols with the rising prospect of Jared Welsh and other oldies clogging up the lineup. Highly doubt that they spend money to get either. No.
OAK - OAK never spends money. They still have Khris Davis. I highly doubt anything happens here, so No.
TEX - Full on rebuild, I would be shocked if they decided to spend $$$ on a DH for a year or two. So No.
SEA - They shouldn't sign them. They have a young amazing team filled with OFrs, one of them will occupy the DH and their a year or two away from competiting. 

So to piggy back my post, it seems there are NEW rumors of Ozuna to The Rays popping up.

That was definitely one possible spot for Ozuna, but I still don't see the Rays doing it... 

Again, big opportunity for the white sox to get a star player at a bit of a discount here. 

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This defense doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Part of negotiating is understanding how the market is going to move and evolve. Joc may have asked for 10 million then, but all that matters is what he signed for. There's no reason the Sox had to rush to sign Adam Eaton; as if someone else was going to swoop in and steal such a stellar player from out underneath them. Waiting for low-to-mid-level free agents has been the MO the past 5 off-seasons but the Sox apparently haven't learned that yet.

I disagree. Joc's market collapsed as a result of all his suitors balking at his asking price and moving on from him. Does that mean everyone else that kicked the tires on him misread the market? I don't think so. They moved on from a mediocre player asking for too much because that level of production was littering the FA pool. It's pretty clear to me the Sox had an agenda to fill certain position and had to do so under JR's budget. I'm not crazy about the Eaton signing, but he did have a market at the time. People act like the Sox targeted players no one wanted because they don't like the player.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Honestly, these moves by the Twins in the last few weeks have been strong. They are definitely the top dogs in the AL Central until proven otherwise.

Just an absolute shame our front office with so much room under the lux tax can't get a star like Bauer or Ozuna to the team. 

Yeah, go ahead and crown their ass.

28 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

Ok, so this is totally random. Is anyone else buying the special edition of MLB The Show 21 just so you dont have to get the Tatis Jr one?

I want the Tatis one. I'm a glutton for punishment. I also place Tatis with the Sox on every one of my fantasy rosters.